The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
Quote from DEVIL 007 :
EDITED:still on Bug test 2 server and 18FPS with almost nothing drawed???I really dont get it.Attached 2nd picture.

EDITED 2:7 FPS after the end of race and again almost nothing drawed.

I know the SHIFT+U is not so importtant but still something doesnt look fine with LFS.

Shift U works fine for me, looking at the pics the ping meter is fairly high maybe that's half the problem of low frame rates.

On a different note, the car reset would be better with a 3rd option Imo.

0 = no, car reset not allowed
1 = reset, car reset allowed with no damage repair
2 = yes, car reset allowed with damage fixed

That's because we run enduros and now if you flip your car it's unfair to have your car fully repaired without making a pitstop, or worse that's the end of your race if resets turned off.

And finally, with W39 I had damage then made a pit stop it said was repaired but after leaving the pits the car still had a lot of damage to the suspension.
I've had this happen a few times in the past too but it's not a regular thing.
Quote from wien :I think LFS turns off any LOD and multiplayer draw optimizations when in SHIFT+U mode (For screenshots presumably). When you have 32 cars running about, that can take quite it's toll on the FPS (unless your computer is fast enough to handle LFS with everything on anyway, like RedRiver up there).

But do we need all such a machine(You almost cant have better one) to run LFS in all aspects fine?The SHIFT U is normal in W version which I have as well.

I dont think its connected to the lag which occured on server.When it dropped it was the same.I dont know whats the issue.I have with full server around 60-100 FPS with wheel view+virtual mirror and its fine as well in TV camera views.

It really doesnt concern me so mucch but I wanted to reported with as much evidence as possible.There are ofcourse much more important bugs to fix.
Sorry if it has been mentioned....

...but if your roll, your speed stays the same when you are on your roof and it doesnt go down unless you brake.
Come the Patch today or when he coming?
Quote from Derfrager :Come the Patch today or when he coming?

It's coming soon, Scawen originally wanted it out for Friday but a few bugs were found particularly the "mass join/leave bug". This has been fixed, i think, with the queuing system. It could be later tonight or tomorrow... just wait.
@Shift+U fps, I can confirm that the reason for this is the completely turned off LOD reduction in that mode, which does indeed make sense for screenshots. Though, I guess an extra option in the shift+U menu to toggle that would make everyone happy.
About shift+u, I tried todays replay with about 40+ connections and 31 cars in race, and another (W25) with 26 connections and 24 in race, same combo bl1 gti, same place of the camera. fps is always about half in the first replay regardles of whats in view, 25 as opposed to 55 fps right before start viewing empty road, but drops quite a lot as cars start to move, even to about 4-5 in busier replay, and about 18 in replay with less cars/connections. Number of cars in view is almost the same, maybe few more, but number of connections is double. It does seem like it matters, but maybe Im wrong.

Btw, my normal driving fps is about 40 on starts and 70 later with some lod reduction, dynamic too.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :The SHIFT U is normal in W version which I have as well.

But you'll never have as many cars around with W. I think the problem is just amplified because there's so many cars on the track in W40. If you try it with only a few players in the server, I think you'll get FPS similar to what you had in W (I do).
Quote from The General Lee :Sorry if it has been mentioned....

...but if your roll, your speed stays the same when you are on your roof and it doesnt go down unless you brake.

Erm, that's because your wheels are still rotating and the speedometer measures speed based upon the wheels' rotation...

May I have a question: i checked through quickly the changelog in the first post, but didn't see anything regarding the absence of the "best lap" display in the upper right corner which used to be there in W along with your last lap and split time. Where did it go? Note that I'm not talking about the results table which appears after the race is finished, of course you can see everyone's best lap there.
Quote from The General Lee :Sorry if it has been mentioned....

That's a feature, not a bug.

It's done off wheel speed, like a real speedo

EDIT : Or is it skidding on the roof without friction. That would be a bad bug.
The wheels were slowing down, but the needle was staying put.

I am not a noob you know

E: Haha, Duke got beatened
Quote from AndroidXP :@Shift+U fps, I can confirm that the reason for this is the completely turned off LOD reduction in that mode, which does indeed make sense for screenshots. Though, I guess an extra option in the shift+U menu to toggle that would make everyone happy.

Andriod,look at my screenshots above,especially with these where I am looking just at track.Are there any cars around.No.This doesnt explain what you said above.Seems the number of connections now affect FPS a lot in SHIFT+U.Its fine in other views when there is more drawed.Its really weird.

As you said LFS doesnt use reduction LOD in shift+U but it seems like from my picture LFS would still send these invisible cars to be drawed on the graphic card.This not correct in my eyes.Just my observation..maybe oits not like that.Dunno.

What bother me more is that SHIFT+F4 bug with black screen.
Quote from Shotglass :shift u problem occurs on my machine as well

and after a lot of shift f4ing tonight im still free from black screens ... driver issue maybe ?

I dunno how though, its been reproducable on 2 sets of Nvidia drivers and 2 sets of ATI drivers, at least.
maybe those who have the issue on nvidia hardware could try the 91.47 drivers and see if those fix it
Scawen can you explain this to me ?
Quote from Scawen :
FIX : AI drivers left pit speed limiter on after leaving pit lane
FIX : AI drivers ignored the pit lane speed limit

when I start a qualify or practice in singleplayer mode I see the following message:
S2 Alpha: AI drivers can't yet qualify or practice because they don't know how to drive through the pitlane

How can they leave the pitlane as they don't know how to drive through the pitlane ????
I can confirm that I could reproduce the black screen bug using Wien's tools that you compiled.

Win XP Pro SP2 / GeForce 7800GTX (Driver 93.71)
Not sure if this matter is of any importance or if it has been mentioned already.

Tonight ( June 3th ) i was racing on the test bug 2 server and did a couple of races there. As I´m able to see other player results i raced on this server my own results are not in lfsworld.net stats. . Not even that I have joined the server. Send me a PM if interested in my S2 account name.
I have a lapper version W server running from my IP. Is this the reason why mayby? I have no explanation

BTW: It was great fun racing about 30 XFG´s at Blackwood. My framerate dropped from normally 120 to 30, still fun and playable.
Pls. enable the XRG´s as well.
I´m aware of it´s primary for testing, still .... ;-)
I think I found another bug

when I restarted the race , then I started quali , he specticated me for wrong way
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Not sure if this matter is of any importance or if it has been mentioned already.

Tonight ( June 3th ) i was racing on the test bug 2 server and did a couple of races there. As I´m able to see other player results i raced on this server my own results are not in lfsworld.net stats. . Not even that I have joined the server. Send me a PM if interested in my S2 account name.
I have a lapper version W server running from my IP. Is this the reason why mayby? I have no explanation

BTW: It was great fun racing about 30 XFG´s at Blackwood. My framerate dropped from normally 120 to 30, still fun and playable.
Pls. enable the XRG´s as well.
I´m aware of it´s primary for testing, still .... ;-)

I had a similar problem. LFSW didn't record my pb (and perhaps other stats) that I did before bug test server 2 crashed.
Please could be possible to have total lap time visible all the time.
Its confusing not to see how much better or worst I did in next lap.
Quote from RudolfR :I think I found another bug

when I restarted the race , then I started quali , he specticated me for wrong way

I tried to reproduce this, can you give more informations please?

like track, did you finish the race before or didn't you move at all etc.
It was westhill
I left pits , then I restarted race , then while he counted "Race restarts in.."
I hitted quali , and after he specitated me for wrong way
Quote from RudolfR :It was westhill
I left pits , then I restarted race , then while he counted "Race restarts in.."
I hitted quali , and after he specitated me for wrong way

tried it about 15 times now, but couldn't reproduce it
I tried to reproduce it several times as well but no luck.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG