TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
Got black screen bug when shift-F4ing on bug test server 2.
I was spectating on Bug Test Server when I got this message: MP Replay:Out of stash space and Lost connection to host
I was trying to connect to the test server by pressing ENTER and got a message saying "too many CLICKS"!!! wtf I was not clicking my mouse button! this is a major bug!!
After some lagging from my side, I got a flying circus
Is this normal behaviour?
Attached images
skydriving.JPG
Any chance of a server 3? Races are full on 1 and 2 and it would help this bug squashing party
Quote from Pakalulu :After some lagging from my side, I got a flying circus

Never seen that before.
Quote from Pakalulu :After some lagging from my side, I got a flying circus

Just change the view and U will see the street again
Also when trying to connect again and again, I get 'too many clicks, wait xx seconds', which is ok.

But when I then try to connect to another server I immediately get the same message again, so I can't connect to any server during the 'time out'

Quote from Pakalulu :Also when trying to connect again and again, I get 'too many clicks, wait xx seconds', which is ok.

But when I then try to connect to another server I immediately get the same message again, so I can't connect to any server during the 'time out'

yup, i think its there to protect the master server from flood clicking...
woah, just got booted off the bug testing server, when i try to join any other server or the meeting room i get user name allready online, and the server doesnt appear on the list. server crash?

Okay maybe not, just restarted LFS and it appears fine.
Quote from Chaos :yup, i think its there to protect the master server from flood clicking...

Yeah, maybe I better stop to want it NOW
soory Scawen but I have bad news...
I never ever got black screen with SHIFT+F4 in LFS so many years and now 1st it time happend to me with LFS(please see attached picture).

I still hear the LFS sounds but with SHIFT+F4 going back to fulscreen I have still black screen.As I said never had that bug before but now with W40 yes

I was on the Bug test server and tried to type after i got black screen.Not sure if some saw that.

Now host not found on the master server???
Attached images
00240003.JPG
Same here on the host status

We all saw your text, but didn't know how to tell you
I had the black screen bug also after tinkering with Netlimiter's settings.
at least seesm LFS works fine.As I said I never got black screen in LFS with SHIFT+F4 since I played the first demos years back and now happend 1st time to me with W40.seems worst.

Also as reported some posts back shift+U is now completly unusable.Got 4 FPS !!!! (see attached picture again). Thats ridiculous.Its either bug or there must be done some huge optimization.Its not my graphic card being slow.Dunno whats the problem. Got thzat on Bug test 2 server.

EDITED:still on Bug test 2 server and 18FPS with almost nothing drawed???I really dont get it.Attached 2nd picture.

EDITED 2:7 FPS after the end of race and again almost nothing drawed.

I know the SHIFT+U is not so importtant but still something doesnt look fine with LFS.
Attached images
00240004.jpg
00240005.jpg
00240006.jpg
i must admit i also get rediculously low FPS on Shift U.
I sometimes (not always) got some heavy stutter just before race restart, while it counted down.
I tried shift-u and i didnt have any fps loss.

Intel C2D 6600
Asus P5N32-SLI
Geforce 8800GTX
Corsair Dominator 2x1024mb
Black screen
I also got the black screen when changing from windowed to full screen, but after 3-5 seconds normal full screen re-appeared with the message 'preloading'.
Everything fine after that..
Quote from franky500 :i must admit i also get rediculously low FPS on Shift U.

I think LFS turns off any LOD and multiplayer draw optimizations when in SHIFT+U mode (For screenshots presumably). When you have 32 cars running about, that can take quite it's toll on the FPS (unless your computer is fast enough to handle LFS with everything on anyway, like RedRiver up there).
Quote from Iron :I sometimes (not always) got some heavy stutter just before race restart, while it counted down.

yeah i can confirm that, starts when the text appears on screen, but the stutter only lasts a couple of seconds, shouldnt be something that is a high priority atm.
shift u problem occurs on my machine as well

and after a lot of shift f4ing tonight im still free from black screens ... driver issue maybe ?
Quote :yeah i can confirm that, starts when the text appears on screen, but the stutter only lasts a couple of seconds, shouldnt be something that is a high priority atm.

I agree, I forgot to mention that by the time the cars are on the grid, everything is all right. I just thought I would mention it.
Quote from Shotglass :and after a lot of shift f4ing tonight im still free from black screens ... driver issue maybe ?

I think that's very likely. It's either the drivers, or something LFS is doing wrong that only manifests itself on certain drivers/graphics cards. It is 100% reproducible here, so it isn't just some freak thing that happens once in a while.
Just installed W40 and got a 'could not connect to master server' error. Is this just unfortunate timing (i.e. the server is actually down) or did something mess up with the install?
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG