The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
@Flo: What you described happens for me too - well, almost. LFS is fullscreen without having focus, but I can get it back by clicking into it, and that is pretty much the part where I will a get black screen as soon as I go > window > full again after that.
Quote from GP4Flo :I cannot reproduce it here. If I remembe correctly, I did never get a black screen while switching window/full screen.(Bootcamp)

You are not trying hard enough

I can reproduce it on two different machines with different cards and drivers

and, for me, once it happens you cannot do anything apart from close LFS.... sometimes only with task manager.
Yes, but I've tried it several times now. Clicking LFS to bring the focus back, window, full-screen. No black screen, it just doesn't happen here. What graphic card / drivers are you using? Does it depend on the screen res / color / refresh rate settings of LFS / windows? I'm using the same (32bit, 1440 x 900, 60 Hz (built-in lcd)) for both.
I cannot reproduce the bug here too, I've been clicking away for the last 35 minutes and it just doesn't happen.

Desktop and LFS resolution set at 1400x1050 85hz

It seems to minimize and maximize flawlessly. Saying that tough, few days ago with patch w34 i believe I did get a black screen, first time in ages but nothing since then.

mad
6600GT (not OC), 92.91 ForceWare, 1280x960x32bit @ 85Hz refresh rate. VSync off (also reproduceable when on). Z-Buffer depth 24 bit.

NV GFX options:
AA: 4x (also reproduceable when off)
AF: 8x (same)
Image settings: High quality
VSync: App controlled
Force mipmaps: none
Conformant texture clamp: On
Extension limit: Off
Trilinear opt.: Off
Anisotropic mip filter opt.: Off
Anisotropic sample opt.: Off
Transparency AA: Multisampling
Triple buffering: Off
Negative LOD bias: Clamp
My radeon 9800pro settings:

AA: 4x
AF: 8x
Anisotropic filtering: Quality
Texture preferance: High Quality
Mipmap Detail Level: High quality
VSync: App controlled
dont have the rest in the options (its an old card)

I did forget to mention that I am using the Omega drivers which are quite a bit different from the official ati drivers...

mad
Ive got a Radeon X1900XT 512MB overclocked to XTX speeds, running 6x AA and 16x AF, although its reproducable with it off aswell. Running catalyst 7.4. If i get my timing right i can reproduce the black screen every time.
There is still 'UniqueId' field in CompCar and NodeLap structs.
Is this a 'feature' or just forgotten? I figured it means PLID, but maybe it should be changed for clarity.

Struct field name changes are annoying for a programmer, but i guess its all for the better in the future.
Quote from Scawen :1) Does this explain why this might happen when LFS auto windows?

The firewall window might be "stealing" focus from LFS at the same time, so that would cause it.
I just updated to 160.02 ForceWare drivers, and it's still reproduceable for me.
i also cannot reproduce it

1440x900 32bit
Ive tried several times, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce it
1440*900, 32 bit, latest forceware, 4*AA, 16*AF
Took a few tries, but I was able to reproduce using Android's method too (Turning on the FPS limiter helped!). I've never seen it happen on it's own though.

- Windows XP SP2
- GeForce 7600GT AGP @ 1920x1200x32 - Forceware 93.71
(I can give more detailed specs if it's needed)
anyone got the crash code?
Quote from faster111 :anyone got the crash code?

It doesn't crash, so there's no address to report. Hence the struggle to find a reproduction method.
Quote from wien :It doesn't crash, so there's no address to report. Hence the struggle to find a reproduction method.

ok well i just tried and its dam hard to get it to do it.
I can't reproduce it either, but then again I never had this "black screen" problem anyway
Very likely this black screen problem is specific to some video cards/drivers. Never had it myself.
Okay, I've been experimenting a little in Spy++ and I was able to record a log of a black screen occuring using Android's method. (Attached, message 01084 and onwards) LFS was in windowed mode and I held down SHIFT before pressing F4 and clicking the task bar at the same time to send focus away from LFS. LFS goes to a black full screen, but is still out of focus (I can see the taskbar flicker through the window).

I'll look a bit closer to see if I can find out what messages exactly are causing the problem and see if I can write a program to make it happen Every Time™.
Attached files
Black screen.spl.txt - 124.6 KB - 548 views
Bug Is Reproducable
EDIT: In my case LFS doesn't go to full screen but stays windowed! But black nevertheless.

Worked for me the first time I tried

Never got this before but no firewall here so never have to go windowed when connecting to masterserver.

I just started LFS and did the test Android provided straight from the main menu screen (so I wasnt in race or anything) The area of the desktop used by LFS in windowed mode turns solid black. I can shut it down by pressing Shift-F4 again. Then the window returns and I can click the "x".

AMD A64 3200 2.4 Gig winchester
ASUS Nf4 (A8N32-SLI)
AA=8x
AF=16x
SCreensync off
No limit framerate
1xASUS Gf 7950GT (EN7950GT) Driver 93.71 Forceware
Crucial 3200 XMS (Dualchannel)
Windows XP SP2 (No further updates installed)
update: never mind, it was already answered.
Quote from wien : (I can see the taskbar flicker through the window).

This flicker I had as well, I could see the task bar and my winamp flashing through the screen while sitting on the lfs main menu. The screen wasn't black though...
Heh I was right.

It will get to W40 before Patch X..or W40 will be patch X.....hmmmm
grunt, it better to have a fully working full patch than something that only works for a few people and the rest struggle
Quote from NjHarwood :grunt, it better to have a fully working full patch than something that only works for a few people and the rest struggle

lest we know its a
Bug what is Reproducible.
This thread is closed

TEST Patch W41
(299 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG