The online racing simulator
Patch X Mayhem
(40 posts, started )
Patch X Mayhem
Hi All,
I'm a big LFS fan, loving the fact the game gets better and better. However, despite playing for years, I'm still desperately untalented - so thats my excuse for the following request :

Can somebody pleease set up a Banger Racing server when Patch X arrives? with an oval big enough to cope with 32 cars - that would be fantastic fun!! I used to play on UKBangersOnline - and when showing off LFS to my friends it was the only place I'd be brave enough to let them play multiplayer. Needless to say they all loved it... Some newbie friendly servers wouldnt go amiss - kinda OLT Pro servers but in the other direction (anybody who laps within x% of the wr gets booted for being too good)

apologies for not being hardcore enough, but its all about having fun and sometimes the pressure to be fast can be too much ! Also, Banger Racing IS a real sport so there

Thanks for listening to my ramble - Bring it on!
#2 - Jakg
iirc BL Car Park and maybe Autocross can still only cope with 16 cars, so you'd need to do it on a larger track - maybe WE1's straight?

The good news is we now have the "Can Reset = No" option
Quote from Jakg :iirc BL Car Park and maybe Autocross can still only cope with 16 cars, so you'd need to do it on a larger track - maybe WE1's straight?

TBH I hadnt considered that Jak - i hope you havent just wee'd on my bonfire
Is patch X released yet ?
Doesn't appear so, I think Scawen discovered some issues while stress testing yesterday that he is fixing right now....
Quote from Madman_CZ :Doesn't appear so, I think Scawen discovered some issues while stress testing yesterday that he is fixing right now....

Ok thank you,can't wait till it's released
When it is released it will auto-download when you go into your multiplayer screen in game anyway
Quote from Madman_CZ :When it is released it will auto-download when you go into your multiplayer screen in game anyway

yep
I was bored so I made a layout that could help you (click here).
patch X should be released today
A friend told me there was 48 players/cars in a single sever, its that possible? or 32 is the maximun?
48 players, 32 cars.
32 people can be driving at one time, the remaining 16 is spectators.
Quote from KOB_CHEESE :Hi All,
I'm a big LFS fan, loving the fact the game gets better and better. However, despite playing for years, I'm still desperately untalented - so thats my excuse for the following request :

Can somebody pleease set up a Banger Racing server when Patch X arrives? with an oval big enough to cope with 32 cars - that would be fantastic fun!! I used to play on UKBangersOnline - and when showing off LFS to my friends it was the only place I'd be brave enough to let them play multiplayer. Needless to say they all loved it... Some newbie friendly servers wouldnt go amiss - kinda OLT Pro servers but in the other direction (anybody who laps within x% of the wr gets booted for being too good)

apologies for not being hardcore enough, but its all about having fun and sometimes the pressure to be fast can be too much ! Also, Banger Racing IS a real sport so there

Thanks for listening to my ramble - Bring it on!

I may rent a server for a month and make it FE rallyx green rev with UF1. No guarantees.
Thanks Guys - I'm loving the look of the Kyoto layout !!
Locally IRL we have figure of 8 banger races, that could be carnage if simulated in LFS - particularly with the 'no reset option' !

I do feel kinda guilty suggesting such things - hope the devs dont mind such misuse of their baby
MAN im just too excited for Patch X
Will X patched racers still be able to see and connect to W server ?
yup its compatible with any other patches than X. What i meant to say that it can still connect to hosts with older lfs patches
#20 - Jakg
Patch X will be incompatible with W, but i think W36 and upwards will be compatible
I am asking myself the question, if Patch X will be released today?!

I really hope soo..

Scawen, could you please say us, when "X" will be finished?
Not today, Scawen has finished for the night. More improvements to come (voting system).
Okay, big thanks for this information!

Now, I can go to bed ;-)

And i am hoping, that my mobile phone is ringing, when "X" is released :-P

Good night to all of you!
#24 - wien
There's really no reason to be itching so badly for patch X. It will be exactly like W40 but with some minor tweaks where Scawen finds it necessary. If you want to try it, just download the test patch and off you go.
Quote from wien :There's really no reason to be itching so badly for patch X. It will be exactly like W40 but with some minor tweaks where Scawen finds it necessary. If you want to try it, just download the test patch and off you go.

I want to use the patch for real. At this state there are not much servers for it and this little league that I take part in is using the offical patch. Changing between versions got a bit annoying a while ago, I have totally reconfigure my controllers when I switch from test patch to W.
The whole community is split and confused while there are two incompatible versions around.

Patch X Mayhem
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG