The online racing simulator
Patch X Mayhem
(40 posts, started )
Quote from Jakg :Patch X will be incompatible with W, but i think W36 and upwards will be compatible

Post 19:24 states something else..Hmm...

But if you are right it means this to me with a server: It will force me to upgrade it to version X as well.
The W to X update for players prob. is done automatically without any chance NOT to update their game. And AFAIN no Version X LFSlappers is to be found yet.. Domage ..
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :Post 19:24 states something else..Hmm...

But if you are right it means this to me with a server: It will force me to upgrade it to version X as well.
The W to X update for players prob. is done automatically without any chance NOT to update their game. And AFAIN no Version X LFSlappers is to be found yet.. Domage ..

Official updates are NOT forced on anyone. When a new patch is released and you try to join a multiplayer game, LFS tells you that there is an update available. You are not required to download it, and it is not forceably downloaded. However, unless you're in a league that requires you to stick with the old version, or unless you use an InSim app that requires the old version, it's in your best interests to have the latest patch. Without it, you're going to be mighty lonely.
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :LFSlappers is to be found yet.. Domage ..

I'm sure LFS Lapper and most InSim apps will be updated when the new patch comes out, there have been lots of InSim updates so it doesn't make sense to release something before patch X. Traditionally LFS never forces you to update, although master server support for older patches is eventually cut off, mainly to prevent any chance of old security holes being exploited.
ill wait till most of the stuff is compatible with X.

hmmm... strange really the same situation ppl faced when *cough* vista *cough* was getting released :smash3d:
I used the term " forced " because a demoserver without lapper isn´t any good in my oppinion. Sorry for that.

Quote from ajp71 :..Traditionally LFS never forces you to update...

That´s very good to know. Thanks for your information the both of you.

Why all the hype about patch X anyways? It's not going to be any different to what we have in the final W test patch and the only thing thats delaying it is bug fixing....so much anticipation for something we already have..... I don't get it.
32 cars, false starts. etc blah blah
and don't forget preload on clutch pack differentials
Quote from Enforcer-J :Why all the hype about patch X anyways? It's not going to be any different to what we have in the final W test patch and the only thing thats delaying it is bug fixing....so much anticipation for something we already have..... I don't get it.

It's cause of what LETTER it is. See "X" just looks so much cooler than a plain 'ol "W". Plus, the "X" can also be used as the Roman numeral ten. You just can't do that with a "W". There's also some minor change to race starts or something, BUT IT'S A NEW LETTER! And there's something trivial about how many cars are going to be on the start grid, but who really cares about that? Dude we're just one letter away from "Z"!

oh the irony racer Y, lol
Quote from Gabkicks :32 cars, false starts. etc blah blah

Yeah and like I said, it's already available... Patch X won't be anything new.
everyone will be using the same version, like i already said.
Besides the clutch preload, patch X won't be anything too terrifyingly exciting. Well, that's if you're like me who thinks a 32 car T1 pileup = not exciting.
I'm looking forward to having everyone on the same patch again (X), big grids (I rarely see T1 pileups nowadays, but I choose my servers carefully), and lots of spectators.

I'm not looking forward to trying to find a race slot - wait until someone spectates then hammer join ASAP
Hopefully pickup servers will limit the amount of spectators to a sensible amount.

Patch X Mayhem
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG