The online racing simulator
The Best Days of Our Lives
(21 posts, started )
Some of you may know that I'm a struggling musician. You may not know that I'm also a struggling actor too.

Well on Wednesday I was off for the day, playing the part of a WW2 sailor in a new movie called The Best Time of Our Lives (or The Edge of Love in the US). It's about the poet Dylan Thomas and his relationship with two women during the war.

Thomas is played by Matthew Rhys (who I recognise from somewhere but not sure where). But what you'll all be more interested in hearing is that the two women are played by Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller. The final leading role is Cillian Murphy, who if you don't know his name you'd recognise his face.

Sienna and Matthew were really nice, and spent a lot of time hanging out with the crew and milling around us extras. Cillian and Keira only stepped out of the green room to film the scenes, then quickly vanished again.

And I know I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but Sienna was actually looking far better than Keira was. I make no apologies, it's true and I never thought I'd hear myself say it

For those interested, pay particular attention to the sailor standing behind Sienna and Matthew in the barroom piano scene. Unless the buggers edit me out
I'm filming another scene early Sunday morning too, and might reply to this thread to say how it all went. I have a photo of my sailor uniform on my camera, but I can't find my bluetooth dongle to get it uploaded.

It's due to come out next year. Whether it's actually any good or not I have no idea, but since I'm in it you now have a reason to seek it out
#2 - ZORER
Cool!

Lfs guys will rule the screens someday

Tell us more pls.Could we see some backstage photos?
I only had my phone with me for some of the day. The sailor uniform didn't have many places to hide things like phones and stuff

Besides, if you'd seen the size of the bodyguard who got out of the car with Sienna, you'd have put your phone away too! Seriously. It was a big black Land Rover, and the guy was head and shoulders taller than it. His biceps were like my waist. Man mountain he was. I'm glad he was with our lot and not the press

I don't think we'd be allowed to take photos anyway, because although it was filmed on a public street, it was still a closed set. I'll see if I can get some more crap quality phone photos on Sunday morning. Although it's in King's Cross station and that'll look just like King's Cross any time of the day
Wow Dajmin, don't you live the high life. It must be great to play extras in films. I bet you must get to meet a load of interesting people. I really wish I could do something like that. Sounds great fun.

Good luck with it on Sunday, I hope you will be able to grab a pic or two.

Btw I have just read your blog, :ices_rofl at
Quote :Funniest thing was one of the crew said you can have great fun miming swear words to try and offend any deaf lip-readers watching the film. We fell about laughing at the thought of that.

haha...

edit: btw I always thought Sienna was much more better looking than Keira.....
Most of my mates in York work in the theatres here so there's usually a bunch of actors hanging around in the pub, but we never get Keira Knightley. Probably a good thing - saves my girlfriend from a night in the cells.
@MadmanCZ:
I don't know that I'd class it as "the high life", but it's certainly interesting to rub shoulders with people who could buy and sell me Living in London has certainly given me more opportunities than I've known before. Just a shame the band had to split last year.
And I forgot I had a link to my blog in my sig here

@Kev:
My girlfriend did warn me that she'd find me if I ran off with Keira, but she never said anything about Sienna, so I think I'd be safe
Cilian Murphy FTW, he was born very near where i live, my sister lives in the same place She sees him occasionally in pubs and stuff. Good luck with your acting career And dont stare too much at Sienna and Keira
The last thing I saw him in was Redeye. I didn't even know he was Irish until I heard him talking to the director

I just got a phone call there, telling me they want me for another film. This one has Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman in. It's great to be in demand

[Edit: I just noticed the name of the movie is wrong in the OP topic. If any mod wants to change Days to Time then that'd be okay ]
Quote from Dajmin :
I just got a phone call there, telling me they want me for another film. This one has Daniel Craig and Nicole Kidman in.

Not "The Golden Compass" by any chance??
I LOVE Keira, make some dirty photo of her!!
Quote from Bladerunner :Not "The Golden Compass" by any chance??

That'd be the one. Don't know anything about it other than it's based on a book and is fantasy-themed.

And no, there'll be no pics of anyone. You can fight that bodyguard if you like, I'll hang around to pick the bits of you up after
rofl
Good luck with the career love, it was all far too lovey for me - and everyone on first name terms like they where best of friends, makes me laugh love .

Crazy industry, love.

I turned down Braveheart, amongst others...
They actually offered ME the role of James Bond before they gave it to Daniel Craig, but I was busy that weekend

(I've had practice stunt driving in buses though! )

(I just HAD to make a silly post for the 500 landmark!!)
Sienna Miller? Kiera Knightly? I think I'll have to watch this movie.

Oh, and for you, too... MM.. Kiera.....
Keira Knightley and Sienna Miller? Some local "stars"? Never heard of either, I think.
#18 - Smax
Keira Knightley was recently quoted as saying she doesn't shower often enough and is a bit smelly, she doesn't have tits and she's happy getting her kit off... hmmmm Sienna Miller here we come.

Congrats on your budding Hollywood career, now you just need to convince somebody to re-make Le Mans and give you Steve McQueen's part
Quote from Smax :Congrats on your budding Hollywood career, now you just need to convince somebody to re-make Le Mans and give you Steve McQueen's part

And while you're at it, get me a role as one of the drivers, too, will ya?
Sure thing. I'm sure directors take advice all the time from little nobodies that noone's ever heard of

Sunday morning's filming was exhausting, but worth it. You can see me again in the station scene - I'm the one Sienna turns to check out as she's crossing the bridge She did the same thing coming down the stairs, but I can't remember which cut of that they went with. Our directions were "get a bit leery" so we did

2:45am-7am. I went straight there from a friend's birthday party. Costume department was hellish disorganised though. They had lost a load of our name tags so didn't get everyone dressed until around 5am, leaving only 2 hours until we got kicked out of the station. And I was given trousers that were about 2 sizes too big for me, so needed braces to hold the damn things up. Annoying, since I told them when I got there which costume was mine, because I recognised the symbols on the sleeves.

Really weird seeing 50 soldiers and sailors in WW2 period costumes on platform 8, while on platform 6 there were a load of local electric passenger trains I was disappointed that there was no big steam train in the station though.

Still, it was all good fun. I'm really looking forward to the next one, despite how tiring it all was. Now all I need is a speaking part so I can get a credit
Quote from Dajmin :
....Really weird seeing 50 soldiers and sailors in WW2 period costumes on platform 8, while on platform 6 there were a load of local electric passenger trains I was disappointed that there was no big steam train in the station though......

I would imagine that to see a big steam train at Kings Cross you would have to run through the wall onto platform 9 3/4

(But it would be a big RED steam train!!)

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG