The online racing simulator
Patch X tomorrow - last evening to test!
(36 posts, closed, started )
The bind only bug needs fixing, the other one is just proof that DOS attacks are crippling
what does DOS mean, sorry for the noobness
Quote from niall09 :what does DOS mean, sorry for the noobness

Denial of Service. And DDoS is a Distributed DoS.
Yes we found 2 bugs.

1) Although there were only 30 grid slot at South City, if enough people join at once it was possible to get 32 players to join, in which case two of them were in the centre of the map (not on track). This is the easy one and I've now fixed it.

2) With so many people joining Victor's photo host at once, eventually a bad bug shows up where "a player is connecting" and that player never joins or times out, so everyone gets stuck. I'm on the case trying to fix this for another heavy test this evening. If this is fixed and survives extreme testing I will be confident that all is running smoothly and we'll be safe for patch X tomorrow.

But that's enough talk, I'll get back to fixing that "host killer".
Quote from Scawen :But that's enough talk, I'll get back to fixing that "host killer".

Now thats what you call a bug!
Quote from garph :Now thats what you call a bug!

actually its more of a plague
we should call it "The black death of patch W"
The W38 test server is online - let the flooding begin.
-
(Bradracer) DELETED by Bradracer
Its Friday, can i have the patch now =)
Tonight's heavy testing revealed that it's still possible to break a host when too many people leave and join at once.

More info in my closing post on the stress testing thread.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=439282#post439282

It's possible that Patch X release will be moved to Saturday because we'll probably need to heavily test the fixes I'll do tomorrow.

Thanks for your help testing. I'll close this thread now because it could be misleading.
This thread is closed

Patch X tomorrow - last evening to test!
(36 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG