The online racing simulator
rFactor F1BMW 07 released
(40 posts, started )
#26 - DeKo
Quote from Hyperactive :Imho, the F1 car (of any year) fits far better into rfactor or any other game that has real tracks. If I wanted to drive a F1 car I would most defenately want to drive it on some real F1 circuit.

NOt that I would't appreciate the effort put into the process to get the BF1 into LFS. It would be just on totally different level if I was able to drive (any) F1 car on decent tracks...

And an 80's version of a F1 car... mmmhh

definetely lates 80's though, the early 80's cars just suck (although im biased towards that by the sheer state of the rfactor 79 mod).
Well, I understand the view of a lot of you with the whole idea that we already have an F1 car. Tbh, I'd really like to have the 07 car, even if its like 0.5 quicker than its predecessor, I'd still enjoy it but hey, I'm an F1 nut and BF1 is my fav car so thats most probably just a biased opinion . IMO, if it isn't too much trouble, why not? I'm sure the devs could adjust the current 06 model to 07 styling. I'm not a modeler but I think the difference between the 06 and 07 cars in terms of aerodynamics and shape are quite similair. Really tho, I'd really love that F2007 in and that again I'm most probably biased towards as well .

Hooray for biased opinions! :static:
Quote from Tweaker :It looks really good.

But I don't see the difference other then nuking Michelin and changing a bit of parts and driver helmets.

http://rfactor.net/images/07-06bmwsauber3.jpg

They did do one thing wrong though, the color of the camera on the top for both of the cars are orange Kubica's should be yellow-green

as for the technical details recording to rFactor it almost the same car but on track it feels much better then before. Must be the different aerodynamic model or something. Maybe we get an updated version for lfs once as well but two F1 cars from the same brand would makes no sense at all

Besides, here is a lil clip of me riding "the mother" with that car, enjoy

http://rapidshare.com/files/32322507/clip2.zip.html
Quote from 510N3D :Must be the different aerodynamic model or something.

hm could you post the cars tbc file please ?
Yeah, I dled the new 07 car. I have to say, I'm loving it and I can go soo much quicker with it . I used to set 1:23s round silverstone in the 06 car, I can do 1:21s in the 07 car and could go even quicker again so I say for the 07 car getting to LFS .
Quote from geeman1 :And the addition to make Ignition key customizable in latest test patch suggests that implementing stalling and such are close.
I just thought I'd start that rumour too while we are at it.

Wanst trying to start a rumor, but I thought i've read something that Scawen mentioned he had a surprise.
#32 - Sage
If we want to add the car, why not replace the current 06 Sauber in the game? If there is to be a new car (or class) added, I'd like it if the GTR cars had a new addition.
Quote :If we want to add the car, why not replace the current 06 Sauber in the game?

I'm all for that. That way, we get an updated BMW without adding another car to the game so there will only be one underused car not two.
RACE picks up an expansion pack with Caterham race cars, up to a 320hp CSR version.

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3462371#post3462371

Since there were some rumors being started, i'll add to the madness.

Anyone remember what LFS did last year when a certain pre-launch open wheel game was trying to steal LFS' thunder???

Sounds like someone's trying to outshine the LX online simulator
Quote from Shotglass :hm could you post the cars tbc file please ?

why?

about the game RACE, i think is has not enough content to buy it for i dont know 40 bugs (€) or so. Is it worth the money? I might think about it when its cheap enough

btw, here is the same vid but with music instead of engine sounds

http://rapidshare.com/files/32233660/clip.zip.html
Quote from TiJay :I'm all for that. That way, we get an updated BMW without adding another car to the game so there will only be one underused car not two.

Why, surely if they've gone to the bother of making the 2006 car they might as well keep that and have both, F1.06 is fine as it is.
the new bmw f1 car looks better and it performs a bit better. so why not update it or have both cars
Quote from Gabkicks :the new bmw f1 car looks better and it performs a bit better. so why not update it or have both cars

Why just update it - have both, all the work for the 06 car is done. If - that is - Scawen has the licence for the 2007 car.

rFactor F1BMW 07 released
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG