The online racing simulator
rFactor F1BMW 07 released
(40 posts, started )
Rfactor just got the 2007 car officially. will LFS?
Quote from Gabkicks :Rfactor just got the 2007 car officially. will LFS?

Part of me hopes that we would, but I don't think it would be that usefull. The novelty of having a F1 car is already achieved by the 06 car and no one uses that anyway. It would be almost the same anyway, except it would probably be a bit faster so that you couldn't use them both in the same race.
Didnt Scawen mentioned they had something extra or so?
Well, it would sure be "nice" to have, but I don't really see the point. Discounting the oval, the BF1 is probably amongst the least raced cars, simply because the required skill level for competitive racing is much higher than for everything else. Having the 07 model will just add another unused car whose novelty will wear off even faster than that of the BF1.

I'd rather see aero, hp/torque curves and maybe tyres improved to make the BF1 more realistic... and damage of course.
I'd love the 2007 BMW Sauber - it would have different tyres and cockpit lights for the flags so not seeing the blue flag is not an option
rFactor devs have different deal with Intel(/BMW), obviously larger and somehow better deal than LFS devs made.
#7 - garph
Quote from duke_toaster :I'd love the 2007 BMW Sauber - it would have different tyres and cockpit lights for the flags so not seeing the blue flag is not an option

If you miss the big blue text saying BLUE FLAG what help would a little light on the steering wheel be?

I don't think the '07 version is needed really.
It would be the same as 06, if another car has to be added I prefer WRC or Group C
It looks really good.

But I don't see the difference other then nuking Michelin and changing a bit of parts and driver helmets.

http://rfactor.net/images/07-06bmwsauber3.jpg

They did do one thing wrong though, the color of the camera on the top for both of the cars are orange Kubica's should be yellow-green
just give us the whole rally pack with cars and tracks
Quote from Sternendaal :Didnt Scawen mentioned they had something extra or so?

And the addition to make Ignition key customizable in latest test patch suggests that implementing stalling and such are close.
I just thought I'd start that rumour too while we are at it.
Quote from Tweaker :It looks really good.

Does look pretty in that shot but knowing CTDP made the model for ISI doesn't make me even want to download it both CTDP and ISI's previous attempts at making F1 cars seem to stop when they got to the physics department and are a complete waste of space (and a lot of space, the CTDP mod itself nearly twice the size of LFS).
#13 - Jakg
Why? the BF1 is chronically underused because just like the LRF's most of the driving is "hang on and pray" because they (me included here) don't have the skill to react fast enough to them to race them.

We have 1 F1 car, imo Scawen should focus on something else *cough* DP1 *cough*
why not get the ferrari
Quote from Jakg :Why? the BF1 is chronically underused because just like the LRF's most of the driving is "hang on and pray" because they (me included here) don't have the skill to react fast enough to them to race them.

The problem with the BF1 and LRF are completely different the BF1 takes a lot of adjusting to due to its pace being like nothing else and once people get to the stage of driving consistently it then becomes difficult to pass due to the reliance on aerodynamic grip and the size of the cars. The LRFs are very raceable and pretty easy to drive, maybe the hardest cars to drive in LFS but TBH they're still easy to drive take a bit more discipline and can't be abused in the kind of arcadey flat out everywhere bouncing over kerbs type style the FXO can be atm. They're far more satisfying cars to drive than the TBO cars with plenty of people on the forum wanting to drive them but very few races for them online. I think the STCC promoting the easier to drive but less satisfying TBO class and the number of drift/novelty servers using the LRF filter means people don't even bother to check the LRF server list routinely, I know I have stopped.
#16 - Jakg
There is an LRF STCC server - but its empty 99% of the time

The LRF's are nice to drive, but for alot of LFS'ers out there its just too hard to control the backend of the LX6 while your trying to pull away from a corner overtaking someone - whereas in the FXO you just keep your foot nailed, and chances are you'll hold it - if it goes tits up then either your trying erhabe or your just the ubern00b
BTW, what does LRF stand for?
#19 - Jakg
LRF

LX6,
RAC,
FZ5.

EDIT - Noes! Damn ye, Mr. Android!
Quote from niall09 :BTW, what does LRF stand for?

its short for 'even kev can handle it'
lol, thanks guys
Quote from Jakg :

Well, that would need ground effects modelled first.
Quote from Shotglass :its short for 'even kev can handle it'

Internation Pick On Kev Month was last month.
Imho, the F1 car (of any year) fits far better into rfactor or any other game that has real tracks. If I wanted to drive a F1 car I would most defenately want to drive it on some real F1 circuit.

NOt that I would't appreciate the effort put into the process to get the BF1 into LFS. It would be just on totally different level if I was able to drive (any) F1 car on decent tracks...

And an 80's version of a F1 car... mmmhh
I'd rather have a fiat punto or some skoda or something like that. We already have 2006 version.

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG