The online racing simulator
GT cars Back Sidewindows SKINS
Well, i was wondering, i think it would be cool to be able to put graphics in the rear side windows of the GT cars, like some of the real ones have...

Or maybe all cars... so you could have a choice "glass" or just to use that space as any panel of the car and put some skin on it...

Like this:

http://www2.uol.com.br/bestcar ... stock/david-mufatto-2.jpg

that would be cool =]
+1

Good Idea
With the current skin system, it is not possible to skin over transparent surfaces. If the devs migrate completely to dds skins then it could be possible, but as it is now it is not possible. I am against the opague windows seen on brazillian race cars (like the one pictured) because it limits vision and looks stupid imho. I prefer the real windows.

I like the skin system as it is now; simple jpg files. They are small and quick to transfer over the internet. Much better than having to upload a large dds file to a server. Not to mention the increased bandwidth needed for such images, completely destroying the possibility of auto-skin downloading.

Major -1 from me. Also, please use the search. This has been brought up many many times.
Quote from MAGGOT :With the current skin system, it is not possible to skin over transparent surfaces. If the devs migrate completely to dds skins then it could be possible, but as it is now it is not possible. I am against the opague windows seen on brazillian race cars (like the one pictured) because it limits vision and looks stupid imho. I prefer the real windows.

I like the skin system as it is now; simple jpg files. They are small and quick to transfer over the internet. Much better than having to upload a large dds file to a server. Not to mention the increased bandwidth needed for such images, completely destroying the possibility of auto-skin downloading.

Major -1 from me. Also, please use the search. This has been brought up many many times.

Well, think about it, how many times did you REALLY looked trough those windows?
I think it would look pretty cool... and to solve the problem of transparency, just make them not transparent at all, just like if it was a door..
#5 - dadge
i use those windows alot, if i can see a car through them, chances are that that car has an overlap. i use those windows as tools to measure the overlap, this gives me a better chance of not crashing somone because i didn't see them.
I'd like the rear windows to display driver names and national flags.
Quote from cbalbinot :Well, think about it, how many times did you REALLY looked trough those windows?
I think it would look pretty cool... and to solve the problem of transparency, just make them not transparent at all, just like if it was a door..

Quote from MAGGOT :I am against the opague windows seen on brazillian race cars (like the one pictured) because it limits vision and looks stupid imho. I prefer the real windows.

Quote from duke_toaster :I'd like the rear windows to display driver names and national flags.

It's displayed on the GTR cars, as you know, but I'd like it to be on all of the cars, too. The street cars may be street cars, but they are on the track racing and I think should look the part visually, too.
Rather pointless imho. Does it really matter? Honestly, i dont think so, the skinning system is perfect now, and if this is introduced, people will be blind to what is behind them. Not to mention if lfs ever gets night racing. Its bad enough when you get tinted windows in the night... To be able to see the name and nationality I think would be awesome! And maybe a little slogan or something, but skinning the back window would be stupid imo.
I want a section of the back window skinnable like the GTR's have at the front. Just big enough for a banner, nothing too restrictive. Also we get to keep the .jpeg skins.

Blanking out windows should be for the XFG only. XF GTi Van anyone?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG