The online racing simulator
Patch X on Friday - last few days to test!
(78 posts, closed, started )
its going to be nice to have everyone using the same version of lfs again. i can't wait to get the new gtr interiors though... can't wait for patch y.
Quote :Well, now it's 0.5W, we don't have much letters

There's still the cyrillic alphabet, Mandarin adds another 8000, and doesn't LFS also support Japanese?...

Quote :LfS is still holding you at the pitstops... Will that be changed too

+1, and +1 for not holding the brakes down delaying your tyre change - and accurately stopping in the box resulting in a faster stop (that solves a potential minor 'exploit' in league races too where you block someone off - especially in compulsory pit races where you WANT them to tap and release you so you dont have to wait) . Just when you thought LFS was nearly finished...
it is good for lots of people to use the test patches to make sure there are as few bugs as possible in official releases.
I'm in hackettstown area of NJ. nice twisty mountain roads up here. Now would be a good time to buy LFS. the servers are gonna really be packed.

Quote from bbman :LfS is still holding you at the pitstops... Will that be changed too (in the not too distant future, I'm assuming it would be too late for X though)?

maybe when there can be more realistic penalties. Driving off before your wheels are properly attached to your car can make for some comical moments. or pulling off before car is refuled resulting in big fireball? Or... uh hitting the guy in front who is suposed to signal you when to go?
#29 - Woz
Quote from bbman :LfS is still holding you at the pitstops... Will that be changed too (in the not too distant future, I'm assuming it would be too late for X though)?

Actually you are normally "held" in the pitstop IRL. It just that normally its the man stood infront of the car or holding the pole infront of the car so that should not be changed unless you are allowed to leave with a wheel missing
Quote :Or... uh hitting the guy in front who is suposed to signal you when to go?

So we'll having circuit racing; oval racing; drifting; city driving; carribean cruise; and pit crew bowling servers.
Quote from Gabkicks :its going to be nice to have everyone using the same version of lfs again. i can't wait to get the new gtr interiors though... can't wait for patch y.

good point =)

At this point i also wonder if S3 (whenever it will be released) will be another game just like S1 compared to S2 I mean at least for me it was like *omg is this still LFS?* Anyway, thanks for everything and keep up the good work ScaViEr
Quote from 510N3D :good point =)

At this point i also wonder if S3 (whenever it will be released) will be another game just like S1 compared to S2 I mean at least for me it was like *omg is this still LFS?* Anyway, thanks for everything and keep up the good work ScaViEr

Scawen mentioned already doing some testbed regarding the graphic.Probably DX9.

I think it will be another big step.
#33 - DeKo
quick question, doesnt really make a difference, but just wondering. I have 2 installs of LFS, one for normal and one for test patches. I have the high-res skin downloading enabled in the test patch install. However, if i install X onto my normal install, will the high-res thing just continue normally with 9** skins left to download, or will it kinda start again and charge me another quid?

It isnt exactly a problem for me to just change my test patch install to patch X, but just wondering.
Just copy over the "skins_y" folder of your test patch install, it's inside data. Then LFS wont download the skins again.
#35 - DeKo
Quote from Becky Rose :Just copy over the "skins_y" folder of your test patch install, it's inside data. Then LFS wont download the skins again.

I dont mean that, i mean like enabling the High-Res skin downloads in whatever option its in. Just wondering if its like linked to account, so when i enable it in my other install it wont make a difference.
I think it would just continue, as the downloads are tied to your account, not your install.

Quote from zipper (cze) :Well, now it's 0.5W, we don't have much letters, but still, there is still quite store in numbers So before the S2 final comes out, there can be 0.6A-Z, 0.7... etc.

Actually, S2 Final will be 0.6 or 0.7 depending on which way Scawen decides to round the version number. (Should technically be 0.6666666666666666666666666666666.... etc) So, anythin after 0.7 (or .6, depending on the rounding) will, in fact, be S3. All three parts make up the whole (1.0).
What is the average time between patches?
Like from W-X? From P-Q?
I know it changes, but the average time?
-LoganC-
. EDIT: Sorry, connectivity issue resulted in second post ... which made me sound like I was repeating myself several posts down!
Looking forward to the patch, not looking forward to this new skin thingy , but , i'll see how it works in practise =]
So how do starts work when you're on a sloped grid? Will the car start rolling as soon as you drop in?
#41 - DeKo
Quote from Lateralus :So how do starts work when you're on a sloped grid? Will the car start rolling as soon as you drop in?

the handbrake is automatically on when the race starts, and turns off itself when you go in gear, so basically the best thing to do is keep it in neutral and shift up when the lights go green.
great news about patch X. I'm interseted on what we can expect for patch Y and Z?
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers.

I just wanted to bring your attention to the latest Test Patch W34.
Patch X should be released on Friday and has lot of changes, including :

- The number of cars that can join a race has been increased to 32
- False starts are now possible (LFS does not hold you at the start line)
- The addition of preload to clutch pack differentials, improving handling
- Skin improvements including high resolution premium skin download service
- Global class balancing system (currently applied to GTR and TBO classes)
- A new version of InSim including many improvements and a button interface

If you'd like to test these things, you may wish to try out Test Patch W34.
It would be good if you could use W34 a bit, just in case you find any problems.
It's the best LFS so far anyway so I guess you'll like it!

Good job Scawen!
Nice job man!!!
..and please no Testpatch X1 in the next months, otherwise we´ll have a split community again

^^
Thanks Scawen...
Quote from Scawen :Hello Racers.

I just wanted to bring your attention to the latest Test Patch W34.
Patch X should be released on Friday and has lot of changes, including :

- The number of cars that can join a race has been increased to 32
- False starts are now possible (LFS does not hold you at the start line)
- The addition of preload to clutch pack differentials, improving handling
- Skin improvements including high resolution premium skin download service
- Global class balancing system (currently applied to GTR and TBO classes)
- A new version of InSim including many improvements and a button interface

If you'd like to test these things, you may wish to try out Test Patch W34.
It would be good if you could use W34 a bit, just in case you find any problems.
It's the best LFS so far anyway so I guess you'll like it!

Test Patch W34 thread : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=25054

At LFS Mexico and LFS Colombia we like to use official version insted of telling all racers to be updating every time you release another patch. our people is basically new with LFS. So for our community is good to hear the news that by friday we will have the official version.

Best Regards
#47 - joen
Quote from Mr.Muh :..and please no Testpatch X1 in the next months, otherwise we´ll have a split community again

^^

uhm, holding off progress to avoid people using different patches? what a silly way of thinking. people can always use two LFS installs, one to test new patches and one using the latest official patch. This sim is a work in progress so you can expect things like that.
Quote from joen :uhm, holding off progress to avoid people using different patches? what a silly way of thinking. people can always use two LFS installs, one to test new patches and one using the latest official patch. This sim is a work in progress so you can expect things like that.

Yes I agree, those cockpits sure will need some beta testing...Include them in X1 please!
Quote from Mr.Muh :..and please no Testpatch X1 in the next months, otherwise we´ll have a split community again

^^

Depends what kind of features it has, now this patch had two multiplayer incompatible features (32 players and false starts). Usually the test patches have been backwards compatible. Though I highly doubt there's going to be test patches for patch Y at all... because it's going to have incompatible physics too?

Hey, is there anyway to have the connection list and the race positions to be shown all at once in the latest test patches?
This thread is closed

Patch X on Friday - last few days to test!
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG