LX8 vs LXR
(115 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Which would you prefer to have?

LXR
LX8
Lotus 2-11
If we get a new car I would love to have something similar to the Lotus 2-11

http://www.leftlanenews.com/lotus-2-eleven.html

With 2 versions, one NA roadgoing version and a turbo'd trackversion with downforce (and possibly slicks?), they might even be able to fit in existing classes.
roadgoing version vs Lx6/FZ50/RAC
and the raceversion vs UFR/XFR

Being fantasy cars there should be some room to tweak the performance(CC/turbo/no turbo/weight/etc) so they fit in, and if that isn't possible they would still rock for single car races.
I,m keen for a nostalgia class seeing we are talking out loud , If only LFS and GTL could make sweet love and give me a child of the two (LFS on the inside of course) withb GTL,S pretty face...

anyways back to reality...
Quote from richo :I,m keen for a nostalgia class seeing we are talking out loud , If only LFS and GTL could make sweet love and give me a child of the two (LFS on the inside of course) withb GTL,S pretty face...

anyways back to reality...

No, let's stay in dreamworld for a couple more seconds. At least until I added the "FZ Historic" to the thread.
I'd love to see a replica of a 70s 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 (2.1L turbocharged). 900kg, 270hp and the looks of the era. It'd fit perfectly into LRF.

Vain
Quote from geeman1 :A LX with 1100kg Is it even physically possible to add so much weight ballast in to car of that size..

Same power-to-weight ratio, not power, I said

That would be 250 horsepower and 600kg.
Wish CTRA could set up some servers with LRF's
Quote from MyBoss :Wish CTRA could set up some servers with LRF's

They've got one, but unless you've spent a lot of time racing on their servers you're only allowed to drive the LX4.
Quote from duke_toaster :Same power-to-weight ratio, not power, I said

That would be 250 horsepower and 600kg.

Power to weight ratio is useless, I could have a 100kg car with 100bhp, and a 1000kg car with 1000bhp. You think they'd both do similar laptimes across a broad spectrum of tracks?

It would be near impossible to properly fit a much lighter car into the GTR class without it being (possibly) faster on the short tracks and certainly much slower on the fast tracks. So let's not bother even trying.

LX4 and FZ50 have near identical power to weight ratios with the driver in: food for thought.
Mahlzeit.....

Quote from Tweaker :You guys don't understand. Is there ANY Caterham out there that has wings that can go 170mph+ ? (OH, and does it race against other cars? Don't start pulling charts from just solo runs at the ring) You can't make such a lightweight car to compare to those GTRs. They have bigger tires, loads more power, probably even a bigger fuel tank.

What about the Black Brick?

Sure it's not modern day'ish, but in its time it competed with various cars that you would rate as GTs and it was pretty successfull, I think.....

http://www.blackbrick.de/?page_id=18

You think a Seven with Aerodynamics is ugly? Maybe you're right, but at the time you're missing the point of a racecar.....its gotta be fast, not pretty

I think the Seven might be fast enough to compete with bigger GT's even today, if it wasn't for the fixed minimum weight, that you will probably find in the rulebook of most racing series, which makes even trying to use a Seven totally point- and hopeless.....

I would love to see everything.....a nearly stock Seven like the LX4 and LX6 that we've got today, a typical Seven Challenge 260 CSR with no aerodynamics.....but also a full blown race Seven that might compete in a race like the 24h on the Nürburgring, if the Seven had not been banned for 'safety reasons'.....

CU, Sebastian
LX8, LXR.. It doesn't matter for me, but be careful of aero bodywork, some personal artworks tends to make me laugh (I should say ROFL). Too much fantaisy or unadvised configurations can look 'nice' from the point of view of lambda people or look designers, but look stupid like a clown's car for aero experienced people.

but I don't want to disturb the discussion, it's interesting
Simply put if we get another LX imo its should look just like this.
@sinbad, lol people still think this whole thread is about the next LX car we could get.
Quote from XCNuse :@sinbad, lol people still think this whole thread is about the next LX car we could get.

Yeah, bizarrely enough many of us expect a thread to exist for a reason.
Quote from XCNuse :@sinbad, lol people still think this whole thread is about the next LX car we could get.

Sorry, but in Post #1 you wrote:

Quote from XCNuse :We have always been stuck between the name LX GTR and LX8, but lets be honest, what do we really want, a car to compete in the GTR class? Or a car alone by itself known as the LX8?

And many people here simply answer the question that you posted.....not which LX we could get, but the LX we want.....see the difference?

Nothing to lol about it, I think.....

CU, Sebastian

PS: Most people are perfectly aware that the thread you started will get them nowhere.....
Quote from XCNuse :You know, this is one thing that has never come up, and we all here are confused what to really call it, but thats not what this thread is about really.

We have always been stuck between the name LX GTR and LX8, but lets be honest, what do we really want, a car to compete in the GTR class? Or a car alone by itself known as the LX8?

We've all seen pictures of what we could arguably call the LXR, so here are some invisioned by others, and me.
C40Z
tikshow
XCNuse
(sorry if there are others out there I haven't posted)

Or, the LX8
Here

And for those that weren't around before the release of S2, here is the stats on the LX8 back during sometime I believe around the time of beta testing. Took them from a fuzzy picture that was taken at some game show.

Engine: 3.0 Liter V8
Power: 257 kW (345bhp) @ 9481 RPM
Torque: 285 Km (210lbft) @ 7392 RPM
Total mass: 753 kb (1581lbs [i believe its a bit fuzzy])
Power-weight: 341 W/kg (485 bhp/ton)
Weight dist: 43.2 F 55.8 R

NOTE:
This whole thread is totally pointless and will not get us anywhere, I just want to see everyone's thoughts on the subject.

LXR/8 is alive! and it will stay in our dreams for years to come.

Yes, we don't need to decide what it looks like - that has obviously already been finalised. But the devs just made it for fun, and never got round to naming it, so we have to.

Obviously.

Duh.

Maybe Nuse was asked to model it, which is why it never got finished?
@DasBoeseC, I expected this thread to go anywhere, I wanted it to stay where it is, I just wanted to see what everyone would come up with, I never wanted this thread to turn into a request. (by the way, thanks for showing me that black brick, very cool.)

@kev, Yes I know, thats the point, that you guys think it exists for a reason, I know why I made it. You guys don't. That is the whole purpose.

@tristan, very funny.

Gonna close this thread and work on something for a while.
This thread is closed

LX8 vs LXR
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG