The online racing simulator
LX8 vs LXR
(115 posts, closed, started )

Poll : Which would you prefer to have?

LXR
LX8
@XCNuse, while the physics change was a big improvement it never changed the underlying characteristics of the cars for me, if the LX8 was simply a crap car then I doubt that has changed.
Possibly, but then again we were never given a reason as to why it disappeared.
It was because they wanted a multicar class instead of two single classes (XFR/LX8) turned into (XFR/UFR). Of course, why they didn't just include both - who knows.
I don't really care about getting the LX8 at all. The LX6 is plenty of car, already. I definitely don't want to see an LX GTR in the GTR class though. The Lotus/Caterham is basically an open wheeler, and really shouldn't be run in a tin top class, IMO.

What I'd most like to see is the LX6 with a proper roll cage and slicks.
They have to make an LXR with Morgan styling!!!

Give the FZR a run for its money at last.
lx8 would be great.
The other versions are to fast... at least they looks to fast
I love this LXR:

GTR class needs more cars,5 or 6 for all

In exemple a RBR based on rb4:
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... du/3D_RBR_2F2F_Gotcha.jpg
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... u/3D_RBR_2F2F_Gotcha3.jpg

and the RAR based on RAC:
http://www.franknaggies.com/ar ... lery/pics/wip/RAR_bg2.jpg
http://www.franknaggies.com/ar ... lery/pics/wip/RAR_bg3.jpg

Imagine a Race with 32 players (patch x) with FZR, RAR, RBR, XRR and FXR instead of full FZR grid as u always see online.
Quote from otolikos :Imagine a Race with 32 players (patch x) with FZR, RAR, RBR, XRR and FXR instead of full FZR grid as u always see online.

+153, to win with 'what for...'
'we already have...'
'leave it as it is...'
'i don't think...'
'no need...'
SHUT UP!
For the record... i never said "OMGZ!!?!1"... i just got excited coz it said lx6 GTR, and i figured they wouldn't have a 2 year old never release car in the shop page... silly me
Quote from Burnzoire :funny, i thought the same about that lx with wings :P

so did i

Quote :The reason I posted the kitted up donkevoort is because it would provide us with another style of racecar similar to something like the Radical SR8 (see attached).

how is a aerodynamically fundamentally flawed car with fugly body parts in any way similar to a pretty much full blown lmp2 ?

Quote from Fordman :Just give us the Slick Tyre option on the excisting LX's.

adding slicks to the lx6 and especially 4 would completely ruin both cars and make them as dead to drive as the fox

Quote from Flotch :0° of downforce does not mean "no" downforce

swap the vehicle file with the mrt and enjoy a 0df fo8 ... besides that car handled superbe with p/q physics
@otilicos that RAR is absolutely georgous *druel
Quote from danowat :Infact, the more I think about the fact that the LX8 is out there on Scawens HDD in some state of completeness, it actually bugs me a fair bit that we don't already have it.........

I THINK the LX8 that is on Scawens HD is just an LX6 with slicks and a bigger engine. In my opinion, slicks on LX cars just isn't right.
Slicks, no. Semi-slicks, yes.

I'm wondering if anyone here has really noticed what this thread is about, I will say the most common book theme, don't judge a book by its cover. This thread really shows what you guys would prefer, a high end sports car, or an average (well..maybe not that average) car.

So really, this whole time Tweak was argueing, I've discovered what you guys like more, and the poll is just there to bug some people.

Just figured I would tell you guys.
Quote from XCNuse :So really, the LX8 was a mid-range fill in car between the FOX and the FV8.
Yes it has slicks, but have you driven the FV8 without downforce? Not to much fun if I recall, so the reason of taking it out due to uncontrollability is quite frankly plausible. May not be the reason, but it would still be hard even with slicks. Tires probably spun, you could rip up the straights, but you'd have to slow down bunches for the turns.
I guess the turns separate the boys from the men though.

The LX8 (slicked, no downforce) would have a much greater steering radius than the FO8, so more time to catch the back end if it goes walkabout. And yes, you'd have to slow down for corners. Believe it or not it actually makes the cars interesting to drive.

Quote from Cue-Ball :I don't really care about getting the LX8 at all. The LX6 is plenty of car, already.

The LX6 is nice, but once the tyres are warmed up it's just not dangerous enough.

Quote from Shotglass :adding slicks to the lx6 and especially 4 would completely ruin both cars and make them as dead to drive as the fox

Exactly.

To Jakqui: You're right, there aren't enough LRF drivers online, and it's a shame. But that's not to say there aren't a lot of us lapping them offline rather than joining TBO or GTR servers.
Jesus we must be bored of S2 if this Poll fiasco is anything to go by, why get bent out of shape about non existent cars that we will never see (imho)?

The passion shown in this thread is awesome just needs to be pointed in a better direction (no i dont know what that may be )

Devs please oh please give us some genuinely new content before everyone goes nuts and it all goes postal
Quote from otolikos :I love this LXR:

GTR class needs more cars,5 or 6 for all

In exemple a RBR based on rb4:
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... du/3D_RBR_2F2F_Gotcha.jpg
http://gotchaworldgotik.free.f ... u/3D_RBR_2F2F_Gotcha3.jpg

and the RAR based on RAC:
http://www.franknaggies.com/ar ... lery/pics/wip/RAR_bg2.jpg
http://www.franknaggies.com/ar ... lery/pics/wip/RAR_bg3.jpg

Imagine a Race with 32 players (patch x) with FZR, RAR, RBR, XRR and FXR instead of full FZR grid as u always see online.

great pics most the RAR. wow !!!!

Quote from richo :Jesus we must be bored of S2 if this Poll fiasco is anything to go by, why get bent out of shape about non existent cars that we will never see (imho)?

The passion shown in this thread is awesome just needs to be pointed in a better direction (no i dont know what that may be )

Devs please oh please give us some genuinely new content before everyone goes nuts and it all goes postal

lol, yeah please devs !!!
Quote from MyBoss :In my opinion, slicks on LX cars just isn't right.

It's not wrong, the Caterham Masters series, which uses race prepared CSR cars is run with fully slick Avon tyres. And lesser official Caterham series' run with tyres ranging from relatively basic road rubber, through to track-focused (but still all-weather) tyres.

@XC, I agree, I think everybody is wondering what this thread is about.
Im dreaming of a lx8, heaps of power and no downforce, slicks optional.

Something that is a real challenge to drive, like the lx6 was before the physics improvements. A Formula Historic FHI (think gpl car) would serve the same purpose. Pure entertainment, getting clean laps in demands concentration, doing fast laps is very hard, even getting off the line fast should demand concentration, plenty of "LOL, totaled it again" to be said.
dam...IT LOOKS NICE your on Xnuse in your first post. Lovely render sir, reallly FIT
I suggest a LX6 GTR which as based on the LX6, has slicks and wings and competes with the other GTR cars. Same power to weight ratio. After all, that's what matters, not power figures.

RB4 GTR would be great, even if it's just another body for the FXR.

RAC GTR would be a great idea but licencing would get in the way.

If we wanted an LX8, maybe give it a relatively (not extremely) powerful V8 against an RB4 with a 3L V6 Turbo - make that a class.

EDIT : As much as I would like a Moggie in LFS, I don't think it should be to do with the LXs though.
#96 - pigi
yeah its ogna be nice to put on another cars like RB4 lx6 slicks and wings make GTR body kit and put this cars to the GTR class. Like XRR, FXR, FZR.

Gona be nice to play with so many cars.

I think alot of players. They didnt need new cars. Just make all this cars what we have more different. On same cars make some new bodykits and make some new classes like (stock, race, gtr) This stock class will looks like stock FXO but wtih GTR wing and new fron bummper. Thats it we hawe new class. Or somthing like LX4 buggy XD. And some new track on fernbay beach. For buggy.
Quote from duke_toaster :I suggest a LX6 GTR which as based on the LX6, has slicks and wings and competes with the other GTR cars. Same power to weight ratio. After all, that's what matters, not power figures.

A LX with 1100kg Is it even physically possible to add so much weight ballast in to car of that size..
Take it to Pimp My Ride.

They'll fit it with so many LCDs and subs and neons and so much other blingy shit that it'll barely be under two tons ...
LCD's in the back of my Caterham's seats, SO USEFUL! I'll be able to watch SO many movies as a passenger...
Never know Dustin, you may get bored taking it around the ring and want to play some Forza2 with your built in Xbox360 and an entire entertainment section to burn off some time down the straights.
This thread is closed

LX8 vs LXR
(115 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG