The online racing simulator
What antivirus are you using?
(57 posts, started )
Quote from deggis :Smartass...

Seriously, how can you know your computer is not full of spyware crap if you don't scan it with proper programs? Malware is just something you simply can't 100% avoid.

Could you please quote the part where I said I don't scan my pc? I said there was nothing of the sort installed. I have loads of anti-malware software, mostly on bootable cds. On my hd I have (among other things) what you see in the attached pic. I have no active programs installed or running. When I feel my pc is not performing as it should I take action, last time I had to do any such thing due to malware was over a year ago. Based on being able to run my pc for over a year without getting all sorts of shit on it, it's worth it for me to not having to keep updating software and keeping them in use, taking up resources.

Here's a pro tip for you: If you want to do/try something you perhaps shouldn't (warez, new os, quad-boot, fishy sites that have useful stuff but you know are dangerous etc.), VMWare is your friend. It's free, (relatively) safe and flexible and available for Windows and Linux alike.
Attached images
sec.JPG
Quote from deggis :Bringing up the troll card + personal insult =

I don't see any personal insult, as Software firewalls and antiviruses are only that: Protection from yourself... Once a virus/trojan has made its way onto your computer because there is nothing to stop it before that, it kinda defeats a firewall's purpose... And when an antivirus has to start working, you have done something seriously wrong...
Quote from Woz :Its very simple to be able to HIDE running software from the tasklist.... Just ask Sony about their rootkit farce.

Yeah, hiding from the task manager is quite easy, but I didn't come across an application which could hide from sysinternal's process manager. The TCP-watcher thingy is useful too, if you want to know which apps send or receive data via network
Quote from Lautsprecher[NOR] :Deggis, stop embarrassing yourself. You said you would plug a computer directly into the DSL-modem?

Are you trying to put words to my mouth?

Quote :All you need to be safe is a NAT-Router and a semi-working brain.

NAT surely helps a lot if it's disabled in bridged mode.

Quote from NotAnIllusion :Could you please quote the part where I said I don't scan my pc? I said there was nothing of the sort installed.

Anti-virus? What's that.. I haven't got any anti-virus, firewall, anti-spyware or other anti-malware software installed at all.

Sorry then but that obviously gives a bit wrong image.

Maybe I gave the wrong image too, I'm not a safety freak, just made a scan and program told me previous one was made 152 days ago.
Which AntiVirus am i using?

Linux.
AntiVir Guard
Always worth a laugh when you're driving a race and the update-popup kicks you back to your desktop
So I've always got an excuse *cough*

What antivirus are you using?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG