The online racing simulator
Aston 2.0
(62 posts, started )
Hi Electrik

I'm using all your High-res track texture packs.

Only with aston I have some issues. However on your screenshots it is OK

I've attached some screens;

Screen 1; strange white patch ahead
Screen 2 and 3; strange lines on road surface.

Thanks for all your work
Attached images
lfs_00000001.jpg
lfs_00000002.jpg
lfs_00000003.jpg
I think this is a bug of some sort in the game itself. You could try playing around with different AA and AF settings, or the texture mip bias the the options menu. I've found that nothing really gets rid of those annoying lines, I'm sure they're there in the default textures as well...
Quote from Electrik Kar :Aston *available* (due for an update) - last updated (20/9/06)

yo electric kar, does the Due for update mean your nearly finished doing it, or does it mean it needs updating so you will start on it soon?

thanks

and idea when you will have So, Fe, and Autocross done yet? thanks

(edit: allso is there any possibility of making some textures double the resolution some day? because when i run 1920x1080 resolution they start to look a bit blured like running lfs at 1280x1024 with the origonal ones hehe

Electric Kar, best texture maker
It means it's something I've gotta get round to! . Actually, I have started on the Aston update, but it's happening in between working on Fern Bay and other things, and I can't say when I'll have it ready, but I don't believe there's that much to do, really- I've already updated the road, and am working on some new curbs- bits and pieces here and there could definitely use an improvement to get Aston up to the standard of the other, newer packs. It will get there in time.

There will be an official updated SO from Eric sometime soon so I'm definitely holding back there. It's good actually because I can narrow concentration down to the other tracks. Fern Bay will be a handful for a while... AutoX has crossed domains and flown into the realm of the unseen...

Quote :allso is there any possibility of making some textures double the resolution some day?

hehe, can i have one suggestiong for FE

the curb i have put a screenshot of below, do you think it would be a good idea to have that as a rusty red and white metal curb?

as there is no other metal curbs in lfs, and the enviroment would make it blend in because of the colours etc i think?

as you can see even custom textures look low quality when i run the game at high resolutions :P

(by the way im not sure whos texture pack this is i downloaded it ages ago, so im not sure if red and white is the origonal curb colour)
Attached images
Untitled-1.jpg
It's the same colour as my version, so the curbs haven't been altered. From the looks of it, you're running a variant on the default FB roads, the one which adds cracks in the tarmac. It's not a higher-res pack, so you're not gaining any texture definition there. About the metal curbs, I'll do some experiments- for now I've created a basic concrete texture, in white and that dodgy pink colour you get from cheap spraypaint. When I think of FB, I think of fun- and what's more fun than pink curbs?
lol pink, my girlfriend will approove of that
Thanks for your response EK.

Lowering the mip bias, making it more negative, does seem to reduce the lines. The white patch however stays, and wasn't there with the standard textures.
If it's a fault at my end, then I'll try to iron it out with the next update. Anyone else getting a white patch on the road with these textures?
its a game glitch not your textures the occasional white tear's across the road between texture where it joins together.

to be honest when i tryed to make some i got millions of them, your textures have fixed everything
#36 - axus
Thanks! Downloading now.
EDIT: Just took a look. That's stunning!
Thanks Electricwolf
np Electrik Kar
Quote from Electricwolf :np Electrik Kar

Sorry this is a bit off topic but wasn't sure where else I could post it.

The LFS database seems to be down while undergoing an upgrade as I get the following message:
Quote :We are currently performing updates, please check back soon! We are currently back at 27.May 07 Forum aktive http://www.marcls-home.de/files/board/

Does anyone know how long it will be before it is back online?
Or is it something else that is preventing me from seeing it?
Quote from flinty72 :
Does anyone know how long it will be before it is back online?
Or is it something else that is preventing me from seeing it?

lol,you got answer.Back online on 27th.I guess they sleep now

Elecktrik Kar,
I tried those new textures and I have few notes to add.

Curbs looks too bright.It really make attention to eyes but for me in negative way.The olders are low-res but the overal look is much better/darker.The white on new curbs is really like a stig to my eyes

The new road.Hmm...there is not much details so still looks very plastic as I mentioned already before.Even the original road is lowres I like it more.

The rest is really excelent work.
Devil007-

Points noted, and they're good points. I don't know what I must have been thinking, but the curbs used to be even brighter than the ones I ended up releasing (they have a wear/tire marks layer over them now). TBO I'm not really satisfied with the update as a whole- but I had to get these files out of my system before moving on- it became mentally draining trying to track so many files...

After a break, I'll get onto trying to put together a complete pack of the tracks released so far. There are already small improvements to some of the other tracks, and Aston needs a lot more work. Some of the grasses are really rushed, and atleast one grass texture didn't make it into the latest update (you can see it along the edge of the grandstand in some places). I'm pretty aware of what needs to be done actually- I just need the composure and focus to start working on things again. Or maybe Eric will come to our collective rescue. I'm atleast starting to get into LFS now- racing instead of doing graphics. Time to have a bit of fun
Quote from DEVIL 007 :lol,you got answer.Back online on 27th.I guess they sleep now

Ah yeah lol, I completely forgot about the northern hemisphere being 1 day behind the southern, as it is already the 27th where I am. Sorry for that I will go and curl up back in my hole now
Here's the direct LFS Database Link, this one should work.

Edit: Link removed. We're back online again.
Quote from flinty72 :Ah yeah lol, I completely forgot about the northern hemisphere being 1 day behind the southern, as it is already the 27th where I am. Sorry for that I will go and curl up back in my hole now

I didnt mean it like offend at all.It was just biting to my eyes that you posted that date and below asked for that again.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I didnt mean it like offend at all.It was just biting to my eyes that you posted that date and below asked for that again.

No offence taken, I was lmao as well. Oh I was also very embarrassed. tbh I didn't really look at the date as the LFS Database website has been down for a couple of days and iirc the date on their webpage a day or two ago said the 24th May.

You see I use the site a lot rather than trawl threw all the different threads in the LFS forum, so was getting a little impatient. :rolleyes:
I just wanted to bring up the curbs things again. Unseen said the other night that what those curbs really need is a graphical suggestion of a rumble strip like surface, as they do rumble when using a force feedback wheel. Its very difficult to know what's going on with the mouse so I wasn't so aware of this before. Is it true that all the curbs give a rumble effect with FF? If so, I might start to think about adding another layer to curbs which implies that they're not a smooth surface. Ultimately Eric should probably re-really model the curbs correspondingly in line with the FF effects- that would look more realistic and shouldn't be too time consuming.

Anway, just thought I'd bring that up.
Yes, every curb acts on the FF, depending on the type of the curb, the FF feedback is different..
Trying to spice up the road a bit... Devil007 is right, they really needed some more detail. I've gone fairly subtle here but I think it really makes a difference. Also, curbs have been given a shallow wave like ripple layer, again an improvement I think.

Still want to play around with joining up the curbs with the road.. Heh, looks like there'll be another aston update coming soon...
Attached images
roadmarks.jpg
bumpss.jpg
The road looks a bit better but you have done better job on other track.I like the Blackwood one more.

The white strip on curbs has still some places which are way to bright.The other strip bars looks somehow too colorfull.I would try to desaturate the texture a bit.I think it might help.Dunno as I dont have that texture file.
I would try imitating the old curbs but with the ripple idea and being hires.

Aston 2.0
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG