The online racing simulator
Ideal racing line
(10 posts, started )
#1 - klis
Ideal racing line
When choosing a race track (not in multiplayer), there should be a option to insert ideal racing line. This would be very helpful to learn how to drive on specific track.

Like in other racing simulations (NASCAR; GTR) ideal racing line is composed of three colors:

green/blue - full throttle
red - full breaking
white - no throttle

With ideal racing line inserted, it's very easy to learn how to drive, where to start breaking, how much to brake, where to release throttle etc., and to become a good driver. :rally_dri
#2 - klis
Exaples (GTR2):

No, no, no. Obviously meant for people who can't learn or want all now! If you want to copy the lines and not to learn or find them out yourself, you can download WR laps from LFSW already.

And actually, I think you can already do what you suggested with the ghostcar mod by Kegetys, I'm not sure about it though or matter of fact, does it even work with the latest patch.
been discussed

nobody wants it
There is already someting similar to this. I think it is called Ghost car.
There are many other ways already available to figure out the raceline of tracks like telemetry, watching replays., and just following fast drivers. I dont know if the ghost addon still works in the current version of LFS.
There also already is a racing groove or line drawn on the track... the dark black line.

In your Misc options of the game, the Update Path option, either have it set to User Car or All Cars. User Car will draw the line that YOU drive on the track over time. But it is quicker to get an overall line drawn on the track if you have it set to All Cars. There will be a dark line drawn after so many laps, and you will quickly be able to see where the racing line is.

If you want to see if even darker, go into your cfg.txt file and change these values:

Rubber Lay 0.60
Rubber Dark 0.80

To this
Rubber Lay 1.00
Rubber Dark 2.00

Doing this will draw a really dark path on the turns, and have visible braking zones. Though, you will have some bugs with this, and you will get flickering parts on some tracks.
#8 - klis
I see. But you must agree that it would be a great stuff for a total beginners.

I have another idea. The problem, when playing with mouse or keyboard, is that you can apply only full throttle and full breaking. With new option (let's call it "speed of drooping throttle/break") you will be able to apply throttle/break smoothly.
If that’s a good idea, I will create a new thread.
#9 - Dumpy
You could lower the braking force in your car setup. You really need some kind of analog input though - a gamepad at least.
"Button control rate" already does that, if I understand you correctly. Also Ghostcar.

Ideal racing line
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG