The online racing simulator
Pit Penaltys, Been Buggin Me For A While
ever once in a while ill get the stop go penalty and stuff, but never knew what they ment, and during school I was thinkin bout it n it bugged me, someone plz tell me so I can get it off my mind
It's, umm, a penalty - where you have to stop, and then go again. The clue is in the name.

(Serious bit: you gotta drive into the pits, stop in a pit bay while it counts down for 10 seconds, then you're free to go again. You get the penalty for speeding in the pits).
drive thru - and stop & go penalties are both the result of speeding in the pits. Obey the speed limit and no more penalties.

drive thru penalty means you must drive through the pits at one point of the race, no need to stop.

if it's stop & go, same as above but you have to stop in a pit box
ok thx, it was buggin me like crazy lol
#5 - _rod_
just so u know, u should not go faster than 80km/h/50mph, stay under those speeds, and u should be fine
I had a question too, how come sometimes you get a stop/go penalty and sometimes you get a 45sec time penalty?
#7 - Chaos
Quote from 96 GTS :I had a question too, how come sometimes you get a stop/go penalty and sometimes you get a 45sec time penalty?

this happens when the end of the race is near and you could not carry out the drive through / stop&go penalty...

btw. IRL you have to carry out the penalty in three laps, otherwise you are black flagged - disqualified...
Are you sure if it is only in this case? I got 45 sec penalty, when I speeded in boxes REALLY fast (over 150km/h). I dunno if I got STOP-GO first, but I got 30 sec and when I didnt slow down but I was still accelerating, I got 45 seconds(I was trying to lose one damn wrecker...)
Quote from _rod_ :just so u know, u should not go faster than 80km/h/50mph, stay under those speeds, and u should be fine

Try 48mph, if you hit 49, you'll be bound to get a DT, so I go down at 47 (most of the setups I use have 1st limited to ~47/48, so I just leave it in first).
A little tip, which maybe obvious, but not yet said; if you're using a vehicle with a pit limiter turn that on (but dont forget to take it off!). This should, in theory, prevent you from going above the speed limit.
That was hard to realise that

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG