The online racing simulator
Quote from dropin_biking :Original Post....

You remind me so exactly of myself, almost everything you've written about, I've done (Minus the drug and alcohol experiences and the Toyota Supra, damn.) I think you're perfectly normal, but then again, you sound exactly like me, so I'm not exactly the best judge...

From the way you write, I'd honestly look into a career in automotive journalism, you seem to have the right sense of imagery that car magazines seem to demand. I found your post quite enjoyable to read, and it's really refreshing to see a high school student who actually takes care to spell and use words correctly.

As for not fitting in at school, do your best to seek out other car enthusiasts, no matter how much or how little they know about cars, what kind of cars they like, or whatever, just hang out with them. I was extremely lucky, as my neighbor less than two blocks away is as much of a car nut as I am, so there's always someone to talk cars with. I'm doubly lucky to have met a girl who also likes cars, and not because they're "cute" or "pretty," she actually likes cars as cars.

By the way, I don't consider it weird to be hanging around forums for games, and actually feeling you know the people on the forum. The internet is a big place, and I can't really think of any better way to find people that share your interests.

So, have fun, and see you on the track

P.S. Get S2!!!
#52 - Gizz
well acording to this post we are ALL freaks car nutcases call it what ya will .... baaa who cares i love it ...
Well, you sure have a cool cousin alright!

hehe..
^Yea man shes the best, I think the Supra might have to go this summer though. It's horible on gas, but I really want to get it off the road anyways, and just get it track ready (add cage, racing belt, semi-slicks) Because thats where the fun is at.
~Bryan~
I don`t have possibility to drive a real car, anywhere. Well I`ve once driven my big bro`s 200sx, but almost shat my pants when I pressed the gas pedal, the acceleration is crazy! Only thing I can do with cars at the moment is: watch drift vids, play LFS (which doesn`t let me connect to main server atm >.>) and dream on.. One and a half years till I can get my hands on driving licence (I`m 16, we get drivers licence at age of 18 here..)

I`m just as interested in cars as you are, especially on drifting.. And I can say, this haven`t started from a crappy movie called Tokyo Drift, it started 3 years ago when I watched my first Initial D... Been interested in cars for about 10 years

Race hard, drift hard and drive hard.
^Well that sucks that you can't get a licence untill 18. As for being scared of that car, it's an itty bitty nissan, can't be that bad But seriously, you shouldn't be afraid of cars, if you play nice with them, they will play nice back.
~Bryan~
Man, you sound like me. I've LOVED cars since who knows when, for Christ's sake, my friends call me the car encyclopedia (and this is a bunch of automotive students*I go to a tech school*). However, I have NEVER had a drink, or done drugs(never plan on it really either.), and I have never had a g.f. I don't fit in either. However, I do have a car, a 1971 Opel GT. I really want something 90's and small,to set it up for a track car. I've had my driver's permit for over a year though, lol. As I will be 17 in March.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from Qvarnis :Well I`ve once driven my big bro`s 200sx, but almost shat my pants when I pressed the gas pedal, the acceleration is crazy!

Either you guys have completely different 200sx's over there in Europe, or you are really going to be surprised when you drive something with a bit of power!

My Mazda small SUV has more guts than a 200sx .
Their 200SX's are Nissan Silvia's with a new name, SR20DET powered, so they have about 225bhp. We, however, have those lame, Sentra-based ones, which yeah, SUCK.

Cheers,
Matt.
^Ohhh that sucks. I know here in Canada my friend CJ is about to by a 200zx. It's got the 3L v6 and single turbo. I'm estamating 250-260bhp. Why the hell don't they come import the Silvia's over to North America, along with the Skyline?
~Bryan~
We don't get them because Nissan didn't want us to have them, simple as that. However, for all you fanboy's out there, Nissan will have the New GT-R over here, as I'm sure you know, in '08. There was one cool 200SX, and that was the '84(?) through '88 one, which was a direct import of the Japanese Nissan Gazelle, aka the S12 Silvia. Big engine was the 3.2litre(I think) V6, however, it was also available with the CA18.

Cheers,
Matt.
i love how when cars get exported out of japan they decide to give them differnt names the 200ZX ur talking about would more then likely be a 300ZX or 300ZX fairlady or even the 2by2 virsion as its a single turbo maybe its modded or a convirson as im allmost certant they are TT well the new ones are

the 240sx= 200SX/180SX that is basicly a silvia anyways

as for the 200SX having balls its only got like 200HP fun for a laugh.
try going in a drive with a 350/370Hp VL turbo or a 330 HP GTST-M skyline (my car and my brothers) these are fun for a bit but if u really want some excitement i susjest any of u to go to a private Shoot out track day and go on a passenger ride in some 600/700 HP cars i can tell ya now its alot differnt when it gets up to them power figers

and top thread man and just rember man do what u love not what other people do

ps 200SX isent a silvia either is a 180SX but they all the same more or less still awesome drift cars
Well the 200zx is an '88. It won't be overly powerful, but he has the cash for some minor upgrades (cold air intake, exhaust, headers, ECU upgrades) but it still won't have the balls of a '96 Supra
~Bryan~
if i was ur friend i would hold off and buy something a little more solid get him to learn alot about the type of car he wants and what he plans on doing with it first i made the mistake of buying the first nice car i wanted now i gota save up another 15k just to get what i should have bought in the first place
^First car, nahh. He has a Honda Prelude. But he just moved here and the Honda is back at his old house. He found an '88 200zx for $500. All it needs is new brake lines, then it will pass certification tests. So it's a real steal.
~Bryan~
nice deal ur friends geting
as for modds if its a VG30 V6 that i think it is just get 2 GT35-40's with .82 wheels and twin turbo it ECU and injectors and fuel pumps should be good for about 400-500hp till the pistons go or just Big intercooler more boost and more fuel works well on turbo cars
Yeaa well he doesn't plan to turn it into a rice burner, he just wants something that will get the guys with cool new Mustangs or the latest Infiniti's to f*ck off
~Bryan~
I really and truely do feel bad for bumping such an old thread, but I have some news. The Supra has been sold. On 93 octane it burned through a tank of gas like nothing, even when cruising. It went for $18,500 to a fairly rich guy in the city. He says he has plans to race ready it, and have it competing at tracks within the next few months. I took my last drive in it after school on Friday, lets just say I pushed the limits pretty hard. I pretty much revved it to the line, dumped the clutch, countered the back end kicking out, and powered over untill it hooked up. It chirped shifting into third, I don't know if it was the tires, or the damp airstrip, but it felt so amazing......let the writing begin
I reset my hand in the wheel, gripped the shifter, dumped the boost pressure, threw it into third, mashed the gas, and it chirped. It was a sign of life, the car was telling me it didn't want to leave. I felt bad, so I cooled off and stopped. I evaluated the situation, airstrip, half tank of gas, old tires with a fresh set ready to be picked up before the sale, open space, and my right foot. So I did something foolish that I never though I would do. I lit it up, and I lit it up good. A good 15 second burnout in second gear low rpms, feathering the gas, I smelt the smoke, I felt the engine, I saw my work of art. "This is stupid" I thought, "Wasting tires" I stopped, car off, eyes closed, slow breathing. Everything was quiet, and at that point I knew what had to be done was done, I creeped back over to the gates, tossed over the keys, told him to be nice, and cried on my ride home. Twas then my goal changed from trying to attach myself to that car, to planning the build up of what one day will be an amazing machine. Let there be peace, let there be speed, let there be passion...
~Bryan~
That was nice to read .)
To be honest mate, your life is very much on the right track, and there is definatly nothing wrong with you.

You should never look at it as a bad thing that you dont get laid, drink or smoke pot at the age of 14, or any age. (last comment = last 2 points)
I am 16, nigh on 17. I have never even put a cigarette in my mouth let alone smoke pot. I drink every now and again, last night for example I had a can of Carlsberg for the first time in ages. I don't drink every night, just maybe a couple cans on a Friday and Saturday night.

I am not a geek or an outsider, I am very popular with both men (friends) and girls (nudge, nudge) but I don't feel the need to smoke shit that will eventually send me crazy or drink myself to oblivion to fit in. Once like you, at around the age of 13 or 14, I once set about researching drugs such as weed, cocain, horine etc just so I join in with the conversations my mates were having. After about 5 minutes of researching I thought, Why am I doing this?

I am quite confident well it comes to the ladies, not overly confident, but as confident as I need to be. I don't go out on a friday night and get laid, I prefer to be in a proper relationship, as I am now. Like drinking and smoking shit, you don't need to be with a girl to fit in. I was actually single for most of my early teens, but now I am in a relationship I am very happy with. All I can say, which everyone says (because it's true) just be yourself. I have seen alot of my mates crash and burn when you comes to the I'm too kool for school attitude.

Don't think you are strange or anything like that because you prefer to be inside of a car doing 200kpm rather than inside of a girl. Everyone is different, and its good that you arn't a sheep and follow the crowd and checking out which girl is the hottest. Cars a amazing machines and they always have a place in most mens (and womens) hearts. Lets face it, you could have a worst interest, such as 1940's telegraph poles.

I hope my words have opened your eyes, instead of boring you to death.
Girls are a strange bunch, all I can say. Hours prior they are going "I HATE YOU" then next thing you know they are on your bed, watching a movie, making out.

*starts obligatory moaning about girls part of this thread*
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Girls are a strange bunch, all I can say. Hours prior they are going "I HATE YOU" then next thing you know they are on your bed, watching a movie, making out.

*starts obligatory moaning about girls part of this thread*

Let the girl moan, not you
Quote from dawesdust_12 :[...]
Hours prior they are going "I HATE YOU" then next thing you know they are on your bed, watching a movie, making out.
[...]

Of course the latter part of this sentence only happens in Dustin's head
Ah, blast... so that's where my long lost twin brother went? Hey dude! how is it going over
there? I'm doing good myself, and seem to have the same "problem"... But mine is worse...
I love RX-7's! (can you say "KA ****ING BOOM" ? )

I'm 17, and actualy had this passion since I first learned to drive on a LADA with the "Suicide
clutch system"(at the ripe age of six) My first father took me go kating, an after I completely
smoked everyone with no prior experience, he decided to teach me how to drive!
Well, lets say that my mother's Huindai has officialy been "trained and durability tested" :bananadea

I live in IL, and have had my license for a while, went to some auto X events, but haven't gotten the chance to get my car yet, which I'm planning to be an N/A FC3S btw.

EDIT: also, I never realy fit in either, people would think I'm wierd and not want to talk to me...
School sucks, for the most part, I get ok marks, but it's boring... and when I did try to start something with a girl, she said "she doesn't feel like she's ready for a relationship at the moment".

So, yeah, I bought S2 and a DFP for the summer.... lol.
You plan on getting an RX7 for your first car?

Good luck trying to find one first, second, hope you can find a good deal, third hope you can afford it, and forth, better find a good job so you can buy a new turbo for it which I've read plenty of times to die after only a few thousand miles.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG