The online racing simulator
TEST Patch W26
(117 posts, closed, started )
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Because i have league race tommorow and there on new patch,not sure what to do ?

This is what I have done. Make a copy of your LFS folder and use the copied folder for test patches, that way you'll still have a compatible LFS.exe to use.

EDIT: No, you can't race on patch W servers with this W26 patch.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :This is what I have done. Make a copy of your LFS folder and use the copied folder for test patches, that way you'll still have a compatible LFS.exe to use.

EDIT: No, you can't race on patch W servers with this W26 patch.

kk,just downloaded it,sais 5216 skins being converted, approx 35 mins ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :kk,just downloaded it,sais 5216 skins being converted, approx 35 mins ?

Yeah, it does that first time you run the patched LFS.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Yeah, it does that first time you run the patched LFS.

OK cool and when is this patch due ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :OK cool and when is this patch due ?

Ehh, I think we should stop this little conversation, it's only for bug reports, this thread.

Look around the forum, or search for patch X, you should find alot of threads/posts about it.
Quote from U4IK ST8 :Ehh, I think we should stop this little conversation, it's only for bug reports, this thread.

Look around the forum, or search for patch X, you should find alot of threads/posts about it.

Yes deffo,also will my auto update feature still work with this patch ? thanks
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :Yes deffo,also will my auto update feature still work with this patch ? thanks

YOU JUST ASKED ME THAT VERY QUESTION 10 MINUTES AGO!
You just asked a similar question and you got this answer.
Quote from felplacerad :Any official (non-test) patch will be installed automatically.

Stop spamming.

EDIT::ices_rofl
Just curious, has anyone experienced a MASSIVE stutter spike in w26? It's been running beatuifully for me (stutters from previous patches resolved) but last night out of nowhere my LFS went completely nuts. I mean, it stuttered so bad that the sound chopped up heaps and I could see only 1 frame a second for about 5 or more seconds. My first thought was, uh oh something is loading in windows, but my hdd wasn't flashing crazy like it would be if that were the case. Also, as usualy with LFS stutters, my FPS counter did not lower at all (was around 80, according to FRAPS). After the 5 or so seconds it smoothed out a bit, but it was still a bit choppy so I immediately quit LFS and checked to see if anything was happening in windows. Nothing out of the ordinary, no AV activity, no popups, no active processes.

I was wondering if this has something to do with the new skin system? Is it possible that LFS tried converting a skin file (or something) whilst I was driving? I know it's meant to happen when you're idle, but is it at all possible that in rare circumstances it can happen when driving?

FYI I was on the 24h Training server.

ps: Sully - are you on riddilin?
Quote from Burnzoire :Just curious, has anyone experienced a MASSIVE stutter spike in w26? It's been running beatuifully for me (stutters from previous patches resolved) but last night out of nowhere my LFS went completely nuts. I mean, it stuttered so bad that the sound chopped up heaps and I could see only 1 frame a second for about 5 or more seconds. My first thought was, uh oh something is loading in windows, but my hdd wasn't flashing crazy like it would be if that were the case. Also, as usualy with LFS stutters, my FPS counter did not lower at all (was around 80, according to FRAPS). After the 5 or so seconds it smoothed out a bit, but it was still a bit choppy so I immediately quit LFS and checked to see if anything was happening in windows. Nothing out of the ordinary, no AV activity, no popups, no active processes.

I was wondering if this has something to do with the new skin system? Is it possible that LFS tried converting a skin file (or something) whilst I was driving? I know it's meant to happen when you're idle, but is it at all possible that in rare circumstances it can happen when driving?

FYI I was on the 24h Training server.

ps: Sully - are you on riddilin?

This happened to me also the other day (i was on W24 though), most notably are the sound stutters, it's not frame drops or something like that, it's like someone is hiting the Pause button really fast, with sound stutters... i could finish the race, but it wasn't pleasent... This also happened maybe two times before also, not sure on what patch it was that, but it was long time ago..
This has been happening to me all day on 0.5W. All the same symptoms. Been happening all week really. I did notice something in task manager I don't know if its relevant. But the system idle Process had 93 under CPU. Not sure what that meant, but I felt it might be connected.

In another msg, Scawen mentioned if the cpu clock and the computer time clock are out of sync more than 5ms, LFS wouldn't be able to handle it. I had an error in my in manager (right click my computer, select manage), event manager, Applications, on W32time. This controls timer synchronisation. The error stated it was caused cause the time server was inaccessable. So I clicked on the taskbar clock, and chose a diffnt time server and updated it. Also in manager, click on services, and scroll down till you find Windows Time. Make sure its set to automatic and its started. I also did the acpi update driver. In a short test in MP in LFS, I didn't have any sign of stutter. Though I'll need to test it more thoroughly tomorrow when I have more time.

Not sure if the time server controls puter time and cpu clock sync or not. But it made sense given the error.

Venus

[EDIT] Ignore all the time stuff. It is the cause of the error, but for some wierd reason I don't understand, my system keeps getting synchronisation errors with the servers, and I get the same problem with my world time clock when I try to sync that. Unfortunately there's no way to add a new server to the list. The first server time.windows.com doesn't respond to a ping, while the second one does (in australia). Still, both fail synchronisation. Anyone else notice this?

Venus
I'm still getting mini-pauses each and every time some1 enters/exits pits (have W26 installed). On small tracks with lots of cars this makes qualifying an absolute nightmare. My pings to the server I race on are excellent.

I'm also having serious problems with major lag/fps issues/whatever at race starts due to more cars being able to be on the track, this is especially the case when they all decide to run into each other and have a major accident - it's as though my pc is having a fit lol

Was previously getting 70-80 fps easy with User LOD set to 0.6 and minimal (if any) noticeable reduction in this at race starts. Shadows etc are all turned off and always have been.

Now I have the User LOD set to 0.4 and am using compressed skins and have turned off prettymuch everything I can think of and am still suffering badly at race starts.

Please can we have the pit entry/exit bug thingy fixed once and for all? It's been a problem since it was first noticed after a (test?) patch and subsequent reductions in this lag have done nothing for me at all.

Would also love to only have to be concerned with other drivers at race starts
Just run some fast testing on the official W version.Massive stutter spikes,mini-pauses or sound stutters. It all happens to me as well when connected to any S1/S2 server but not on any demoserver ( where there isn´t any automatic skin exchange at all ) . Pls. others double-check.
I'd like to add that my post was referring to a once-off MASSIVE freeze up. Please do not confuse with the usual stutters that make a race unpleasant, as they have been now fixed for me since w25. The problems by those who replied sound a bit different in my opinion.
Maybe this has been discussed before.... (please forgive my ignorance if it has) but is there a way to increase the size of the blue,red,green pedals... ? I have a momo wheel and as u all know the pedals tend to act foolishly sometimes... and in earlier patches i was using the 3 pedals (in lfs) to find out if my pedals were acting up or not. The white edge showing maximum value helped alot, until the sizes of the pedals were reduced, and since i am running a rather high resolution, the white/green tends to blend in, and if you just take a glimpse you really cand make out the 2.

It seems i have been racing for white some time, with my accel pedal just shy of the maximum value, only today have i noticed (looking closely) that the white edge was not appearing. So is there any way of making them bigger?
Did you Alt-Tab out of LFS and then Alt-Tab back in? I sometimes get corrupted mirror textures when I do that.
Sorry for the suggestion in the test patch section, but wouldn't it be great if we must turn the engine On when starting qualifications? Since qualis are now realistic, starting from pits instead in the midle of the track, i thought it would be great if the engine is turned OFF automaticaly..
^^^
well, it's not the worst idea
When I go to change skins,it freezes for a few moment's,then a message appear's "You have lost connection to host" Is it a bug or something ?
Scawen I have a tiny tiny request. Can you make the list of players AND the F9-12 menus coexist on the screen? What I mean is the players list should be shown all the time, even when you open those menus. (Here's a screenie.)
Thanks for the TIR 6DOF... a nice bonus! Working fine.
Quote from Boris Lozac :Sorry for the suggestion in the test patch section, but wouldn't it be great if we must turn the engine On when starting qualifications? Since qualis are now realistic, starting from pits instead in the midle of the track, i thought it would be great if the engine is turned OFF automaticaly..

+1.... BUT

We have already had people whining that the pit-lane speed limiter isn't on by default...imagine the furore if they actually had to start the car as well! (what's next btw? cant start a race until you check oil/water?)
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Scawen I have a tiny tiny request. Can you make the list of players AND the F9-12 menus coexist on the screen? What I mean is the players list should be shown all the time, even when you open those menus. (Here's a screenie.)

+1 & I would also like to have the ping bars visible at the some time as any of the F9-F12 keys are being used. Using W26 & in cockpit view the ping bars disappear if I have one of the funtions open & I can't seem to find a setting to get them back.
Got this crash while running lfs for the first time on vista. It crashed while lfs switched window trying to bring up the server list but it crashed before it started to search for servers.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: LFS.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 46502502
Fault Module Name: d3d8.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bcbf
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0004c902
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057