The online racing simulator
cmr2 arcade mode... another game with that mode?
Do you remember Colin McRae with the arcade mode. If I recall correctly you could compete agains 6 (?) AI cars in 6 (?) tracks. That was lots of fun back then. I was about to install the game again, but could not find the CD.

Does newer CMR editions have this mode? Or what other rally games there are where you can have fun against AI cars. I remember Rally Trophy, but I did not like it. Then Flatout series was too much arcade style, not really fun to drive anymore.
#2 - ajp71
V Rally, Rallisport challenge, they're both arcadey but if CMR doesn't bother you nothing will
I have CMR04 and I don't think it has any of those kind of Vs. rallycross levels. It's technically better than CMR2, but it's a lot harder so I couldn't get as far in it.
I wish there was a Wii/Gamecube>PC adapter to I could use my Gamecube-style Wii controller on the PC. That might make it easier
Quote from Dajmin :
I wish there was a Wii/Gamecube>PC adapter to I could use my Gamecube-style Wii controller on the PC. That might make it easier

theres an adapter for Gamecube to usb....
but i dont think there are any adapters for wii yet.
I just checked. CMR04 does have multiplayer, but it comes in two flavours - the first is running stages one at a time, a la real rally. The other is simultaneous racing, but you're only against ghosts of each other, so no collisions, a la Trackmania.

So now you know
Quote from ajp71 :V Rally, Rallisport challenge, they're both arcadey but if CMR doesn't bother you nothing will

cmr2 was at least fun, though arcadey. but i've obviously not missed any great titles recently, if these are what there are. flatout would have been great if the publisher had not demanded devs to spoil the physics simulation and controls, they wanted them to be more arcade, when the devs actually had improved the physics model from the rally trophy.

Quote from Dajmin :I just checked. CMR04 does have multiplayer, but it comes in two flavours - the first is running stages one at a time, a la real rally. The other is simultaneous racing, but you're only against ghosts of each other, so no collisions, a la Trackmania.

So now you know

thanks. so it was not quite like in cmr2 where you could race against AIs with collision on. how about cmr2005? perhaps in LFS after a few years..
Quote from ajp71 :V Rally, Rallisport challenge, they're both arcadey but if CMR doesn't bother you nothing will

I think he meant the arcade tracks. There were circuits basically where you could race on with AI's.
#8 - ajp71
Quote from mixer13134 :I think he meant the arcade tracks. There were circuits basically where you could race on with AI's.

That's what V Rally (the originals at least) and AFAIK Rallisport were all about.
Quote from Kalev EST :If anyone doesn´t understand what the original poster meant then check this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSXUQ3mi00

Thanks Kalev. Oh what memories this brings up. That's exactly what I meant. It was the first game I started playing with a wheel. Perhaps the coming CMR DIRT will offer this game type again. I've got to put some more effort into finding that cmr2 cd...
Quote from romus74 :Or what other rally games there are where you can have fun against AI cars.

Maybe not exactly what you're looking for, but yet plenty of fun..

Quote from frokki :Rally Sport download here
A Finnish DOS game, played from top view, there were sliding rwd cars and their behaviour was most realistic I ever saw on MS-DOS.. There was night mode etc, and the graphics (like dirt flying from tyres) formed from triangles
edit: just tested it and its still enjoyable today! try it, takes 5 mins of your time..

could try that sometime. i have a cockpit with g25 so pretty often my friends like to try it a bit. something like cmr could offer them more instant pleasure than lfs, thats one reason i have been looking to other titles as well.
I just wanted to come back and tell that I found the CMR2 CD, and...
...I've been spoiled by the level of accuracy in LFS.

I remember having good races with friends in CMR2. We did several 3-4 player rally championships, meaning we drove through all the rally events. It took the whole weekend, but it was times when that was possible.

But now it just did not feel like driving a car anymore, perhaps more like a rubber boat on a river. I hope we see full graver circuits on LFS some day.
You familiar with Richard Burns Rally? (No arcade modes though)
Haha geez that youtube video bought back some memories.

It's sad that I remember the tracks from CMR2. I had just got my first wheel, some ThrustMaster cruddy thing and remember playing that and NFS:Porsche Challenge. Still the best NFS

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG