The online racing simulator
New Act Labs shifter.
(14 posts, started )
New Act Labs shifter.
Act Labs is apparently getting back in the shifter business with a redesign of their original shifter. Look for it in about 3 months for around $100.
I thought that they originally said this would be out by Christmas?
cool
Quote from Cue-Ball :I thought that they originally said this would be out by Christmas?

I’m not sure really. The info I saw said 90 days. Now 90 days from when is another question (there is a Act Labs forum now at RSC). It looks like they beefed up the old version, which I never owned to begin with. I have been looking at the Frex H shifter, and the new TSW shifter as well. Both are expensive, but that really doesn’t bother me much. The Act Labs looks like it might be a viable alternative now that they have improved it a bit.
Where can I read this information?
Aww crap. I just bought a second hand act-labs shifter few months ago and paid craploads of it since the rarity of them here in Finland. Ah well, I guess I'll just sell this shifter away and buy the new version.. if it ever comes out

Sure to say, I'm glad to see act-labs kicking back in to the business.
Well thats 2 stories I have heard from ACT then. Obviously now the one from RSC and also a direct reply from ACT. Last I spoke to them, they was NOT going into the market for shifter's and pedals and wheels. They did explain why ( saying there was no nich market for these types of pedals and shifters ) I said rubbish, but thats the answer I got.

Basically they said, not now or never

Guess they changed their minds
Quote from Fordman :Well thats 2 stories I have heard from ACT then. Obviously now the one from RSC and also a direct reply from ACT. Last I spoke to them, they was NOT going into the market for shifter's and pedals and wheels. They did explain why ( saying there was no nich market for these types of pedals and shifters ) I said rubbish, but thats the answer I got.

Basically they said, not now or never

Guess they changed their minds

Seems like a HUGE niche market to me; I just spent over $500 on pedals alone. I have been tempted to get the TSW shifter too. As far as high end hardware goes only the flight simulator community has the sim racer community beat.
If the Act Labs new shifter sounds like a solid piece of hardware, I’ll buy one.
Only one thing I can see wrong with shifters. They are all too high. When was the last time you shifted in a car with the gearstick on the same level as the wheel. I'd be nice to have it "normal" height... Maybe I could steal a shelf and trim it down some...
Yeah but the problem with that is... the shifter is always at an angle, so if you have it below you or beside your chair, it is pointed at you, and doesn't feel right. I wish they had it flat like a real shifter, but Giovanni says you can change the angle somehow I guess....
Just angle the surface it's mounted on, and voila, it's flat.
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Only one thing I can see wrong with shifters. They are all too high. When was the last time you shifted in a car with the gearstick on the same level as the wheel. I'd be nice to have it "normal" height... Maybe I could steal a shelf and trim it down some...

Last time I drove (okay, sat in) a 2005 Honda Civic Si? I love their console setup--the gear lever is about 2 inches from your hand at all times.

New Act Labs shifter.
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG