The online racing simulator
License/commentary question
(28 posts, started )
Hiya all.

I have a question

The Team Eire league is looking for a commentator for the races. I have a friend who is interested in commentating for the races, and is currently a demo user.

Questions:

1) Could my friend watch the races on LFSWorld, or would that not be workable?

2) If he does get an S2 license, what is the best way to commentate on the races, over TS?

(also, spam post count +1)

DK
I would say watching through LFSW isn't very effective, mainly because depending on when you race stats may not be updated for a few minutes (unless this server change has really had that much of an improvement!). The best way though is yes, if he buys S2 and watches as a spectator and comments over TS, that way he can catch everything from wrecks to pits to ..well anything that is visible really.
#3 - Bean0
Can the people running the league stump up £24 between them to sort the guy out with a license ?

You can't watch races on LFS World. Applications like LFS Spectator and Race Watcher exist that would let him see a version of the race, but you couldn't really do commentary from them.

TS or Vent would work, but the listeners would obviously need to be using the same program, maybe look into Shoutcast or similar audio streaming.

It's a 'one to many' type system you are wanting, TS or Vent are more geared towards 'many to many' comms.
Ok, been talking to my friend and he doesn't want to pay for an S2 license. So who wants to commentate on the racing?

PM me if you're interested

DK
#5 - SamH
Is this live commentary for internet radio broadcast, or is it for a video.. or.. what?
#6 - Davo
Best way would be to get an S2 licence and connect to the server then stream a live feed using something like sopcast with commentary over the top. If you're not doing it live then the best way would be to capture the action into a movie and add commentary.
@SamH - Live commentary for the league race(s)

@Davo - What is sopcast and how could I use it? Google didn't turn anything up. Enlightne me please?

DK
How would I go about it?

DK
Me again. Update. I am looking for somebody who would be OK calling a race with me?

DK
-
(Irish Man) DELETED by Irish Man
What do you mean? Right now I'd call a race with just about anyone.

DK
-
(Irish Man) DELETED by Irish Man
You can be S2. PM me

DK
cool, can i help do this commentary, and Ian...shutup lol, you couldn't commentate for your life!
Quote from DieKolkrabe :@SamH - Live commentary for the league race(s)

@Davo - What is sopcast and how could I use it? Google didn't turn anything up. Enlightne me please?

DK

Sopcast = Own radiostation or tv station... It is very easy to use but You have to create account... It's free... Sopcast is avible here :

http://download.sopcast.com/download/SopCast.zip

(One problem with Sopcast... No live streaming only recorded: mp3, wmv, asf, rmvb, spl)

If you will have problem with this program PM me or write here.

You can also use shotcast for comment (in winamp).. this is live radio stream. I will sent you that program if you want. For that program you will have to find free radio server: I'll finded one where you can test that program: http://wavestreaming.com/?section=support&page=try

If you want I can give you my pass to radio server... I have one but it will be work only to 31 may...

Shotcast Tutorials and Software:
http://wavestreaming.com/?sect ... t&page=gettingstarted

Sorry for my bad english!

Greetz!

Edit:

I want to help You DieKolkrabe but I see that was bad idea...

Greetings!
I want to give it a go. I haven't found anyone to help me commentate yet though.

DK
Hey..i said i would help
Anyone who is interested, put your name in the thread and you'll get a tryout.

DK
Harjun...also...commentators for tryouts must have TS, and you will be PMed the Ip code thingy by DiekolkRabe
No Way
Guys if you are thinking of doing this commentry for him. Dont bother! its a waste of time, I applied to do this, we went on teamspeak to try it out, and everything I said e.g

They're coming up to the first bend now, with *** in the lead.

Or

Now there on the final lap, looking like its going to be a victory for ***

and many more

These were all wrong, he wrote me a script of what I could say, and was not allowed outside the script, what a bunch of useless jerks!
Hang on, I didn't give you a script. Commentary is not about a script.

DK
So he says you gave him a script and you say you didn't then....wtf?
#22 - CSU1
Quote from [DaEmOn] :Guys if you are thinking of doing this commentry for him. Dont bother! its a waste of time, I applied to do this, we went on teamspeak to try it out, and everything I said e.g

They're coming up to the first bend now, with *** in the lead.

Or

Now there on the final lap, looking like its going to be a victory for ***

and many more

These were all wrong, he wrote me a script of what I could say, and was not allowed outside the script, what a bunch of useless jerks!

[DaeMon] you are not going to last long in this community if you insist on insulting forum members. In the past 24 hours you have told Spankmeyer "gimme your phone number you Bi*** and I'll F*** you up, now you have just called everyone in this thread a bunch of useless jerks.

I've reported both of your posts to the moderators and hope you can see it within yourself to refrain from this silly bullying and namecalling....a true rebel indeed you are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on topic. DK we discussed the whole commintating thing before and imo noone will be listning at that time. Drivers need to concentrate on the race and it does'nt help whem the admins are spamming(as YOU do ) and a live commintator is eating the mic.

My advice, wait untill the next big race, keep the .mpr and have a member edit the movie with commintary included. It will look more professional and wont disturb the race.
@CSU I have a way round that.

@whoever mentioned scripts. I didn't give him a script.

DK
Actually i think you did...just like when you gave me a script..@ Scott you know it
No I didn't. Commentators don't work off scripts.

DK

(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG