The online racing simulator
handicap discussion
(79 posts, closed, started )
Quote from srdsprinter :Actually they do.

Go download a fresh install of LFS S2alpha Patch W. NO balancing weights.

Download a TEST patch. Global balancing.

i have w17.....and have now 0/40/80 global balancing...thanks!!!!
Quote from PudelHH :i have w17.....and have now 0/40/80 global balancing...thanks!!!!

W17 is a TEST PATCH. Thank you for proving my point.
Quote from srdsprinter :W17 is a TEST PATCH. Thank you for proving my point.

yeah.,..but w17 was the patch we used for choosing cars...and w24 is still also a testpatch. thanks for proving my point. damn.
+1

Since obvious a decision has been made to use the test patches for this event you, as the organization, should stick to the use of the latest test patch as it was already told at W10 and the following test patches that the balance between the cars was still under development.

That's why you should stick to remain in accordance with your earlier made choices regarding the use of test patches.

All racers were aware of the fact that test patches would be used for this event and as a consequence (small) moderations to the balance could be made. Like Orion said, it was the drivers choice to pick a car with that knowledge in mind, that's why now you cannot go back and say we stick to a certain level. That would undermine your own decision making.

And Josh don't start accusing of any unfairness towards Orion/ the organization. The alterations based on the balance have an impact on the organization and to start undermining the organization with some lame accusations is no good to the cause at all. Anyhow your apology is a better sign of appreciation.

I also can understand Orion/ the organization's point of view, but for me personally the above given explanation is considerable more weightily.
Quote from PudelHH :latest test patches has nothing to do with "global balancing" from master server....so if we would use w17 we had same weights...0/40/80...so dont argue with testpatches!!!!

the cars were choosed with 0/50/100....so be sportsmen and accept the rules to drive the race with that setting. nobody could imagine that devs are going to change the balancing one week before the race and giving avdvantages to xrr/fzr cars without giving the fxr cars a chance to change the car.

Why dont you be a good sportsman and accept the rule which is ALREADY in place that we will use the latest testpatch meaning we will use the LATEST balancing, tbh i woulda never used a testpatch since it's a TESTpatch but thats not my desicion.
Well, all we can do now is the following:

Set up a test 24 hours race and see which car is how fast, then change the handicap according to that, and drive the actual 24 race

start in 10 minutes on Race #1 server
#33 - b0nd
a 2 hours race would be enough to see which car is the fastest
ye, a shorter 2 horu race maybe or 3 hours, and i mean in 10 minutes? Nice
Quote from ORION :Well, all we can do now is the following:

Set up a test 24 hours race and see which car is how fast, then change the handicap according to that, and drive the actual 24 race

start in 10 minutes on Race #1 server

Or, just not change anything at this point. Why create this issue now?
nobody will drive the car on the limit anyways though, unless we force the teams to drive another car than the one they signed up with...

Quote from MARSH2a :Or, just not change anything at this point. Why create this issue now?

exactly.... just dont change anything and stay at 0/50/100 like it was all the time...
In this circumstance, the test patch was a major "selling point" for the race, as it would open up the competition to new levels with 32 races per server.
I would appreciate seeing the organizers response to my concerns over using un-official balancing weights:

Quote from srdsprinter :
You said the latest patch would be used. Latest test patch is 0/40/80 kg. Latest official patch, 'W', is still 0/0/0. Are we going to use that???

It's going to be a huge headache for you to ensure everyone is using the right ballast, and what if they don't? There is no easy way for everyone to know that no-one is cheating, so you have jeopardized the legitamicy of the event already.

Again, the reason the 0/50/100 was changed to be Fair to everyone. Therefore, NOT changing is Not Fair...

Please think about this.

you dont seem to understand that the test patch version number has nothing to do with the balancing. Balancing was added in a test patch, and it changes by the master in all test patches, even if the cange is made after the patch is released. So we CANT go back to W17 for example, unless we put the settings back aswell.

So, effectively we dont change anything. Scawen changed the values, and we decided to keep the old ones.
Quote from BenjiMC :Why dont you be a good sportsman and accept the rule which is ALREADY in place that we will use the latest testpatch meaning we will use the LATEST balancing, tbh i woulda never used a testpatch since it's a TESTpatch but thats not my desicion.

the testpatch was taken because of the slot-improvement....at this stage nobody was imagine that global balancing is going to be changed (again....with old w17 patch....balancing is same as with w24). it would be unfair for all fxr drivers to allow the xrr/fzr cars to drive the race with lower weight than before carchange-deadline....its just for the fairness of 24h race....nothing against community decision that xrr/fzr are to slow at all against fxr.
So how will you enforce the voluntary addition of mass?
Quote from PudelHH :the testpatch was taken because of the slot-improvement....at this stage nobody was imagine that global balancing is going to be changed (again....with old w17 patch....balancing is same as with w24). it would be unfair for all fxr drivers to allow the xrr/fzr cars to drive the race with lower weight than before carchange-deadline....its just for the fairness of 24h race....nothing against community decision that xrr/fzr are to slow at all against fxr.

So to make it fair to the FXR drivers, you use rules that we're deemed Unfair by the LFS developer, and unfair to ALL the other GTR drivers.

Very backwards.
Its not about making it fair for drivers x in car y, we are just making it fair for ALL drivers... because you decided yourself. PERIOD.

You are free to sign out if you dont like this.
Quote from MARSH2a :So how will you enforce the voluntary addition of mass?

Quote from ORION :F11

Yes, you are actually able to see how much ballast a car is carrying by pressing F11 while spectating that car.
Quote from srdsprinter :So to make it fair to the FXR drivers, you use rules that we're deemed Unfair by the LFS developer, and unfair to ALL the other GTR drivers.

Very backwards.

you dont understand sorry...not MAKING it fair for fxr driver....than KEEPING it fair for fxr drivers....BIG difference. but seems its not possible to make it understandable for you.
Quote from ORION :Its not about making it fair for drivers x in car y, we are just making it fair for ALL drivers... because you decided yourself. PERIOD.

It might not be "about" making it "fair" for a-car b-car.... but that's what it has become.

And again:

You said the latest patch would be used. Latest test patch is 0/40/80 kg. Latest official patch, 'W', is still 0/0/0. Are we going to use that?

There is no easy way for everyone to know that no-one is cheating, so you have jeopardized the legitamicy of the event already. We can't be going spectating other drivers' F11 while we are racing.

Please think about this.
The last test patch is W24 and not 0/40/80 kg.

Or do you say "Im red pullover old"?
Quote from PudelHH :you dont understand sorry...not MAKING it fair for fxr driver....than KEEPING it fair for fxr drivers....BIG difference. but seems its not possible to make it understandable for you.

The ballast was changed because it was UNFAIR to FZR and XRR.

You are keeping it UNFAIR to FZR and XRR.

How hard is that?
The things you say begin to make less and less sense.
The XRR is the fastest car, so why is it fairer to make it even faster?
Quote from srdsprinter :The ballast was changed because it was UNFAIR to FZR and XRR.

You are keeping it UNFAIR to FZR and XRR.

How hard is that?

all who changed the car to fxr or who used the fxr car from beginning in 24h race diddnt know until yesterday, that fxr car is in adavantage to xrr/fzr UNTIL yesterday...so just accept the rules or give the fxr drivers again the chance to choose their car, new qualifying etc.....pls understand!!!!
Quote from ORION :Its not about making it fair for drivers x in car y, we are just making it fair for ALL drivers... because you decided yourself. PERIOD.

You keep saying this but the fact is we decided on the car before any handicaps were added. We all understood when the patches came out that there was a possibility of the handicaps being finalized or not by race day. Fair to ALL drivers is to not select a period of development but to go with current development as we all anticipated there could be changes.

It just seems inappropriate to make a rule at the 11th hour so to speak. And to offer an option to not race just seems like an unreasonable option. Many teams have put a lot of time in practice as the various handicaps were changing. No one wants to back out now.
This thread is closed

handicap discussion
(79 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG