The online racing simulator
handicap discussion
(79 posts, closed, started )
fxr isnt faster than xrr
Quote from MARSH2a :You keep saying this but the fact is we decided on the car before any handicaps were added.

Well thats your problem, there were many days time inbetween, rather weeks, in which all the other teams managed to test the handicaps and change their car choice accordingly.
Quote from MARSH2a :We all understood when the patches came out that there was a possibility of the handicaps being finalized or not by race day.

no, we didnt...and thats the point. we understand that something more is changing in details.....skins, grapghic wahtever, but not global balancing....thats the point.
Quote : Originally Posted by ORION
Imortant data for now:
Patch W21 will be used in the whole quali (=all quali dates)
About the balancing issue, I have no clue yet how the X patch will handle this, so we have to wait I guess. For the race, we will use the latest patch. If patch X isnt out in time, we cant use it of course

You have no idea how X will handle balancing. You do now, it's 0/40/80. Use it.

"For the race we will use the latest patch." Now, is that patch, or Test Patch. I'll assume the later, but we don't know. Either way, you say "latest patch" NOT latest patch *(As we see fit)....
Quote from srdsprinter :You have no idea how X will handle balancing. You do now, it's 0/40/80. Use it.

"For the race we will use the latest patch." Now, is that patch, or Test Patch. I'll assume the later, but we don't know. Either way, you say "latest patch" NOT latest patch *(As we see fit)....

as mentioned already...its not testpatch...its just global balancing....a complete different thing.....as you can see....so accept the rules or quit the race.
Quote from ORION :Well thats your problem, there were many days time inbetween, rather weeks, in which all the other teams managed to test the handicaps and change their car choice accordingly.

Well I never considered it a problem...

You see, it's not like were competing for a podium finish here, not this team. We choose the car just because. The same reason others chose whatever they driver other than the GTR's.

Please don't try to make this personal by suggesting it's my problem. I didn't do anything but pick a car and stick with it regardless of development. However you Sir, chose to change the rules. After any car switching could have been done.
lol...

before: 0/50/100
now: 0/50/100

where do you see a rule change there?
Quote from ORION :lol...

before: 0/50/100
now: 0/50/100

where do you see a rule change there?

Here is a rule addition, restriction, what ever you want to call it it is new.

Quote from ORION :We will use 100kg for the FZR, and 50kg for the XRR, in both race and quali.

Quote from MARSH2a :This thread doesn't discuss any of those issues.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=22869

this thread doesnt discuss the 24h race...and i am talking about a RACE....one race....where a a qualifying has been done...and where no global balancing will be changed because of "scawen have a good to day" to think to change it before one week of the race. at least he gave us the possibility to keep the race on FAIR level (means AS QUALIFIED).
so, 0/50/100 is unfair, and 0/50/100 isnt?

remings me of the Verizon math thread tbh

Hey, maybe tomorrow a dollar is 10dollars worth, cool stuff
Quote from ORION :so, 0/50/100 is unfair, and 0/50/100 isnt?

remings me of the Verizon math thread tbh

Hey, maybe tomorrow a dollar is 10dollars worth, cool stuff

Nice.
So, did you FINALLY realize that we did actually do nothing, except saying we are going to do nothing? fine...

Than I can go to bed without having to worry
The way i see it is, you guys said latest patch, therefore it should be the latest developments like the 32 car grid and like the 0/40/80 weight balancing. And as already said the new balancing is much more fair for ALL drivers. so if you want to keep it fair i'd suggest using that. All of the competitors bar those from germany are saying this so if your good organizers you would do this... I did it with my league and managed to accept that i made a few mistakes and didn't make up rules or things on the spot. When i did do those there was confusion and protest which i had to apologise for and personally felt a prat... Just some advice from a fellow organiser
Quote from ORION :So, did you FINALLY realize that we did actually do nothing, except saying we are going to do nothing? fine...

Do nothing??? Last time I checked you just Made all the FZR and XRR teams ADD VOLUNTARY Ballast.
Quote from ORION :So, did you FINALLY realize that we did actually do nothing, except saying we are going to do nothing? fine...

No, I realized you've begun to stray off topic and insult. So I figure your another one of those folks.
Quote from ORION :The things you say begin to make less and less sense.
The XRR is the fastest car, so why is it fairer to make it even faster?

See, you Never said you would get involved with balancing the GTR class.

You implied you would go with whatever the latest status of LFS is.

Now you changed the rules to go against these two things you based this race on.
yo, seems nobody getting the point that qualifying with a car should be something like racing a car.....anyhow...have fun here for further discussions and drive with angry stomache thinking to be on the unadvantaged side or just spectate or whatever....you guys are just too skilled to defense optinons....i am off here. cya
Quote from PudelHH :yo, seems nobody getting the point that qualifying with a car should be something like racing a car.....anyhow...have fun here for further discussions and drive with angry stomache thinking to be on the unadvantaged side or just spectate or whatever....you guys are just too skilled to defense optinons....i am off here. cya

When you provide a logical resolution, we will accept.

You have not.

Are you going to run your car as you qualified it? No changes to the fuel load, tyres, or setup? Are you going to race over the large kerbs as you did in qualifying? Somehow I doubt it. You're going to change, and the weight should be no different.

Please, this just is absurd. Its 10 and 20 kilograms, its part of the game now.

Use your heads please.
#70 - Jakg
Quote from PudelHH :yeah.,..but w17 was the patch we used for choosing cars...and w24 is still also a testpatch. thanks for proving my point. damn.

Yes, but use W17-W24 and the master server applies ballast automagically, and yet your trying to break what imo is a lot better balancing system
Quote from PudelHH :...giving avdvantages to xrr/fzr cars without giving the fxr cars a chance to change the car.

This is how i see it (my team are entering an RXR and XRG if they can ever be bothered to quali, but i really don't think i'm biased)

FXR SHOULD be slower, its 4WD and easier to drive, however it might be more consistent over a longer distance, making up for the speed defecit.
FZR SHOULD be fastest, but also the hardest to drive because of the NA giving you all of the power now. It does however eat tyres and fuel - balancing out the speed.
XRR is mid-way - slightly easier than the FZR, and so a little slower, but also a little lighter on tyres/fuel.

They are different cars, balanced in different ways - but over 24 hours the cars should play out about balanced, although the FXR WILL have a fight on its hands (and rightly so - its easier!) due to its slowness
Quote from BenjiMC :The way i see it is, you guys said latest patch, therefore it should be the latest developments like the 32 car grid and like the 0/40/80 weight balancing. And as already said the new balancing is much more fair for ALL drivers. so if you want to keep it fair i'd suggest using that. All of the competitors bar those from germany are saying this so if your good organizers you would do this... I did it with my league and managed to accept that i made a few mistakes and didn't make up rules or things on the spot. When i did do those there was confusion and protest which i had to apologise for and personally felt a prat... Just some advice from a fellow organiser

I totally agree with BenjiMC. As an organizer the most important thing is being consistent. Not being consistent leads to a questionable integrity which eventually will demolish all the hard work you guys have put in setting up this event.

That also counts for the tone in certain posts of the organization which are basically lack any respect. You may get annoyed, but at least, especially as the organization, keep the responds professional and in a respectful manner.

Quote from PudelHH :yo, seems nobody getting the point that qualifying with a car should be something like racing a car.....anyhow...have fun here for further discussions and drive with angry stomache thinking to be on the unadvantaged side or just spectate or whatever....you guys are just too skilled to defense optinons....i am off here. cya

Goodnight, hopefully the level of discussion will rise again as I have not seen 1 single well-argumented post from you.
Quote from AppiePils :I totally agree with BenjiMC. As an organizer the most important thing is being consistent. Not being consistent leads to a questionable integrity which eventually will demolish all the hard work you guys have put in setting up this event.

That also counts for the tone in certain posts of the organization which are basically lack any respect. You may get annoyed, but at least, especially as the organization, keep the responds professional and in a respectful manner.

Goodnight, hopefully the level of discussion will rise again as I have not seen 1 single well-argumented post from you.

yep, its hard to to understand that teams want to drive same settings as they qualified....but you american genies seems to be to clever for the old europeans....i am sorry for being noob. sorry, really.

anyhow, i think it will not change the anti-american decision of 24h race to race with 0/50/100...so just live with the decsion and save yr energy for further....ähm....just live with it.
Funny.

First of all I'm Dutch who just happen to life in the US (for 8 months now) so that's one of the zillion arguments why your comparison makes no point at all. Besides what has being clever to do with staying consistent and thus being integer as an organizer. Perhaps the organization should try to get their head out of the asses who they tend to please, and start dealing with that what is important; being consequent, consistent and integer, as is well written by BenjiMC in his post. I'd like to see a reply of the organization to this post.

Secondly, your argument about "teams want to drive same settings as they qualified" makes no sense at all, otherwise there wouldn't be so much responses of different teams stating that they don't agree with this sudden change of rules.

Third, could one of the organizer tell me what the goal was to start this event? From what I recall it's an free for all event, so not only those you please, and as a result I - and I guess I speak for all the others too - expect the organization to act unprejudiced and with respect towards each participant.

Finally, PudelHH, I thank you for proving my point, since once again your post is a clear example of a none constructive post to solve anything.
Quote from Jakg : FXR SHOULD be slower, its 4WD and easier to drive, however it might be more consistent over a longer distance, making up for the speed defecit.
FZR SHOULD be fastest, but also the hardest to drive because of the NA giving you all of the power now. It does however eat tyres and fuel - balancing out the speed.
XRR is mid-way - slightly easier than the FZR, and so a little slower, but also a little lighter on tyres/fuel.

this is it, and this is what we have with 0/40/80.... so ORION 0/50/100 doesn't look good, please hear the community and use 0/40/80 or your and your's team respect will be gone forever...
and if your gonna start making this a country thing, check out all the germans that seem to preffer the 0/50/100 balancing aswell as, it seems, the fact that use non-germans seemed to of been less well informed on rules and dates and changes than the german LFS community. TBH the organisation all the way has been pretty on and off and a lot of things haven't been too clear. It's getting as bad as the "Forum Teams" situation. Just listen to the General competitors, or even better do a vote! if you check my subforum, a lot of the decisions i've made are done by votes.

Edit: no need ofr a vote, i used some initiative
This thread is closed

handicap discussion
(79 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG