The online racing simulator
BBT's S2 License Giveaway!!!
(177 posts, started )
Quote from MAGGOT :Heh, if that was on the standard layout, I could just about get the time! Of course... I don't need an S2 Voucher... :P

I take it since you changed the time, you are still yet to get any applicants?

Yeah I could get it too but... I didn't realize (should've checked) that the WR for both directions are almost 1.5 seconds apart. 25:50 is easy in foward, but I guess not AS easy in REV.

The applicants will come, whoever gets motivated first! I'm expecting this to take a few weeks.
That's our BBT for yah, Nutty as ever , but we at NASSA wouldn't have it any other way.

Good Quiz, a little research never hurt anyone, as for the 1:25:60 XRT, it's well within reason.

If I was a demo racer and seen this, I'd take a shot.

AAnt
I have a question... This may be stupid, but how do you save replays of the training exercises? I cant figure it out!
these are hard questions. I don't know most of them. I'd haveto search for hours

and how do you save SPRs for training exersizes?
uh-oh....
HAHA, i guess no one gets the licence! Thats too bad, i was having fun playing in the xrt's first lesson on the car park. I got it so i spun around, backed in the gate thing, then whipped the car around again 90 degrees so i was Parallel parked. I want to save it...
There is no temp file from the exercises... What is a demo player to do? Also, i guess i should be everyone favorite canadian racer, seeing I elimated the xrt overtaking lap from the test... Which isnt hard anyways... But still.
Meh, just use fraps... Or get a screen shot, if your computer really cant handle it. But fraps would be awesome, because im sure everyone wants to see it...
LOL!
There is of course a voucher, I wouldn't go to all that trouble for no voucher.

It seems the Lessons portion must be scrapped. I will update the main post.
You can get training replays as follows:
  1. Complete the training course
  2. Wait till it goes in automatic replay mode
  3. Shift+F4 or Alt+Tab out of LFS
  4. Go to <LFS>/data/spr and sort by "Date modified" - the file should be something like "UserName_BL3_FINISHED.spr"
  5. Copy and paste it under a different name, because as soon as you leave the lesson, this file will be deleted
I would love to have/win/earn the S2 license. And I can answer all of the questions. BUT, I cannot however, beat that time. I figure that if you are good enough to get that time 3 laps in a row, then you have put some real time into the demo. And if you put that much time into the demo, you would have already boughten the S2 license which leaves you ineligible for this contest! Or, you are just a natural, which I am not.
But good luck to the rest of you who can drive that fast!
-LoganC-
NOOOO! I like the lessons portion! Just get them to use fraps!
Quote from LoganC :I would love to have/win/earn the S2 license. And I can answer all of the questions. BUT, I cannot however, beat that time. I figure that if you are good enough to get that time 3 laps in a row, then you have put some real time into the demo. And if you put that much time into the demo, you would have already boughten the S2 license which leaves you ineligible for this contest! Or, you are just a natural, which I am not.
But good luck to the rest of you who can drive that fast!
-LoganC-

PM me your answers anyway, We'll see how the competition goes.
Quote from stevewhite :NOOOO! I like the lessons portion! Just get them to use fraps!

Just look up two posts
Sorry, should have been more clear. I CAN answer the questions. I haven't. But I may start trying to find some answers. But it's hard enough just to get away from LFS. but I'm sure I'll find time! But it's late here now, and I have school in the morning. BTW, great idea for a contest. Really makes you want to work for it. And you'll learn some history about the game!
-LoganC-
About the lesson XRT-PRO-AI overtaking...
Wouldn´t a screenshot like this be enough?
See att. file.
Attached images
XRT_AI_overtake.JPG
I hate when you read the last post on the page, and think its the last post in the thread, then respond, and realize there more pages... This one wasnt sooo bad, i have skipped many pages before, and felt like an idiot. It mostly happens when people respond to a thread quickly, like this one...
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :About the lesson XRT-PRO-AI overtaking...
See att. file.

Yeah, that should be enough, good luck answering the questions...
Quote from [TDRT] Spøgelset :About the lesson XRT-PRO-AI overtaking...
See att. file.

Do you have the SPR though?

I'm ambivalent about it because they can be photoshopped REALLY easily. I'm not saying you did that at all, but it could be done with too much ease for my comfort. For now I will say no, sorry.
have u recieved my PM? plz tell me if u did if u didnt tell me that too
15 wrong, no SPR
Quote from thisnameistaken :Pretty difficult quiz there, BBT. I just went on a demo server and gave a license to the first driver I found called Kev! :dunce:

being born with that name im sure he deserved a little treat

its a little worrying that i can anser ~18 of these without even thinking for a sec
1) How much horsepower did the XFG have in S2 before it was changed? 11hp
2) Which car was "de-riced" for S2? Vauxhall Nova
3) What size of tire is on the driven wheels of the XRT? Big
4) What is the full name of Scawen's "significant other"? Jeff
5) Name two cars made for LFS but never released. Ferrari 430 and a Forklift Truck
6) Name one track made for LFS but never released. Laguna Seca
7) Name the first non-developer to sign up on the LFS forum. Chuck Norris
8) How many forum mods are there on the LFS forum? 11 and Nuse
9) How do you cause the F9 readout to show the tread surface temp, rather than the entire depth of the tread? By blurring your eyes
10) Which part of the tire circumference is shown in the F9 display? The outside of it
12) What was the first LFS demo version and when was it released? It was a car simulator, released a few years ago
13) Describe the look of the old LFS homepage. Webby
14) Explain the way force feedback works in LFS. It sort of feeds force back to you
15) What was the texture format before LFS used DDS? Pictures
16) Who created the current LFS logo? Photoshop
17) Name two changes to the Blackwood circuit between S1 and S2. The loading times and the size of the SMX file
18) What well known game did Scawen work on the physics engine of? PacMan
19) How many marshalls are there at Blackwood GP? One hundred and eleven, a small dog, and a frog.
20) How many different colors of sideways (laying down) cones are there at Blackwood GP? 1 (if your colourblind to the right extent)
21) What kind of racing fuel is sold at Blackwood? Gasoline
22) How many bodies of water exist at Blackwood? 47 in the latest patch, assuming a full server of humans, and that each human is largely water.
23) How many exhaust outlets did the XRT have in S1? 12!
24) Which side was the hoodscoop on for the XRT in S1? The underside
25) What car was included as a Christmas present? Santa's Sleigh. Or Satans, not sure...
26) How many users have ever been banned from this forum (as of the day you fill this out)? Kid, Kid's new account, Kid's third account, and a troll.
27) How much horsepower did the XFG have before S1 was released? None, it's computer game
28) Describe the basic operation of the synthesized engine sound generator in LFS. It makes sounds
29) Who's your favorite Canadian LFSer? :P Dustin... err, Jeff

Do I win?

----------end test------------
Quote from tristancliffe :1) How much horsepower did the XFG have in S2 before it was changed? 11hp
2) Which car was "de-riced" for S2? Vauxhall Nova
3) What size of tire is on the driven wheels of the XRT? Big
4) What is the full name of Scawen's "significant other"? Jeff
5) Name two cars made for LFS but never released. Ferrari 430 and a Forklift Truck
6) Name one track made for LFS but never released. Laguna Seca
7) Name the first non-developer to sign up on the LFS forum. Chuck Norris
8) How many forum mods are there on the LFS forum? 11 and Nuse
9) How do you cause the F9 readout to show the tread surface temp, rather than the entire depth of the tread? By blurring your eyes
10) Which part of the tire circumference is shown in the F9 display? The outside of it
12) What was the first LFS demo version and when was it released? It was a car simulator, released a few years ago
13) Describe the look of the old LFS homepage. Webby
14) Explain the way force feedback works in LFS. It sort of feeds force back to you
15) What was the texture format before LFS used DDS? Pictures
16) Who created the current LFS logo? Photoshop
17) Name two changes to the Blackwood circuit between S1 and S2. The loading times and the size of the SMX file
18) What well known game did Scawen work on the physics engine of? PacMan
19) How many marshalls are there at Blackwood GP? One hundred and eleven, a small dog, and a frog.
20) How many different colors of sideways (laying down) cones are there at Blackwood GP? 1 (if your colourblind to the right extent)
21) What kind of racing fuel is sold at Blackwood? Gasoline
22) How many bodies of water exist at Blackwood? 47 in the latest patch, assuming a full server of humans, and that each human is largely water.
23) How many exhaust outlets did the XRT have in S1? 12!
24) Which side was the hoodscoop on for the XRT in S1? The underside
25) What car was included as a Christmas present? Santa's Sleigh. Or Satans, not sure...
26) How many users have ever been banned from this forum (as of the day you fill this out)? Kid, Kid's new account, Kid's third account, and a troll.
27) How much horsepower did the XFG have before S1 was released? None, it's computer game
28) Describe the basic operation of the synthesized engine sound generator in LFS. It makes sounds
29) Who's your favorite Canadian LFSer? :P Dustin... err, Jeff

Do I win?

----------end test------------

[/quote]
lmao

BBT's S2 License Giveaway!!!
(177 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG