The online racing simulator
Kicking & Banning with Server Admin Rights
I'm trying to figure out an easy way to kick or ban someone while in game. All I can see is their player name not their user name so when I try to kick them I can't.
If I use the names list it simply votes to kick them instead of using my admin rights.

We had a great 15 player race going last night except for 1 guy that was causing bedlam. He just kept pitting and coming back out.

Also, I thought that if you pitted and tried to rejoin when it's set for no midrace join that it would make you wait till the next race. Not this guy.
What up with that?

lambchop44
www.chadseipdesign.com/chops
when you press the N list for list of games, then hold down CTRL + SHIFT and you can see their user name.

right-clicking on that name copies the name into a text edit box for you to do whatever you want with it.
Press control-shift to see their username (above them, and in the connections list). Whilst holding down ctrl-shift, right-click their name on the connections list. Then arrow to the left and add /kick or /ban, then arrow to the right and add the number of days the ban should last (not applicable with kick).

Hop this helps.

Edit - Damn, Scawen beat me
Yep

I am visiting the forum between bug fixes
5 separate visits today - does that mean 5 bug fixes?
Thanks a lot for the quick response guys.

Again, I can't say enough about this game and the community around it. It has changed the way I see racing simulators.

YOU GUYS ROCK! (devs and regular forum aids)
Thanks again.

lambchop44
Acutually, while we're on the topic.
Is there a server admin manual with this sort of info in it anywhere? The LFS manual that I downloaded here really glazes over host commands and fine details that I keep learning by asking like this.

Thanks,
lambchop44
#8 - P1lot
Quote from lambchop44 :Also, I thought that if you pitted and tried to rejoin when it's set for no midrace join that it would make you wait till the next race. Not this guy.
What up with that?

lambchop44

On this, you can still pit out and rejoin if you were on track for the start of the race. You just can't go to spectate and rejoin or join in the middle if you have just entered the server.
Quote from Scawen :when you press the N list for list of games, then hold down CTRL + SHIFT and you can see their user name.

right-clicking on that name copies the name into a text edit box for you to do whatever you want with it.

Neat, i learn new thing every day. A question tho, how is the similiar possible throught the nogfx console? (sorry for bump, used search function)

Edit: just foundn the /names command. Im sorry for my stupidness, now maybe the answer might help another aswell. Cheers.
#12 - SamH
Quote from MaxHeadroom :Neat, i learn new thing every day. A question tho, how is the similiar possible throught the nogfx console? (sorry for bump, used search function)

Edit: just foundn the /names command. Im sorry for my stupidness, now maybe the answer might help another aswell. Cheers.

Nicely done! I wasn't aware of that command either, and I've got 8 LFS servers running now. I don't usually interact using the nogfx interface because I mostly admin through LFS itself, but now I know what to do if I'm RDCing into the server and need to do some admining there.

Thanks for the bump!
Wow, your avatar makes it really hard to read your post, lol.
Quote from zeugnimod :Wow, your avatar makes it really hard to read your post, lol.

Spankmeyer votes to ban SamH's current avatar (press 1)
#15 - SamH
OMG! Is it THAT bad!?!? LOL
#16 - Gunn
Quote from SamH :OMG! Is it THAT bad!?!? LOL

It's not so bad once the vertigo subsides.
Quote from P1lot :Here's the keys and commands on 1 sheet

That's awesome. That's the first time I've seen something like that. Thanks for posting it.
#18 - wabz
Super Duper!
Browse For Speed 0.6 will have a slightly fleshed out admin interface from 0.5, but I don't admin any servers any more, so I was wondering if you guys could help test the admin interface of 0.6? It is extremely relevant to this thread.

I was going to sum up its features, but a screenshot says more than anything, so here it is:
http://www.browseforspeed.net/img/admin-preview.jpg

The button that says send to selected player sends a private message. The list on the right is a list of all racers in the server.

This release (this is an ALPHA version) doesn't have all the features we want in 0.6, but I do want some feedback on this admin interface (whether it actually works, what could be more useful etc) before the full release.

www.browseforspeed.net/files/browseforspeed-0.6-alpha.zip
Quote from P1lot :Here's the keys and commands on 1 sheet

Could we get an update of this sheet...
Quote from Scawen :name into a text edit box for you to do whatever you want with it.

Does it taste good? Because I want something to eat. mmhmm
Quote from Richard Torp :Could we get an update of this sheet...

+1

Some that are missing:

Penalties
/p_XX USERNAME - Penalty for user, replace XX with 30, 45, dt, sg
/p_clear USERNAME - clears penalty

Race Control Messages
/rcm MESSAGE - define race control message (appears where yellow/blue flag messages appear)
/rcm_all - sends the defined RCM to all users
/rcm_USERNAME - sends the RCM to a specific user
/rcc - clears RCM's

New stuff
/canreset=yes/no - self explanitory

I'm sure there are more.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG