The online racing simulator
Astra 3.0 V6 on ebay.
(41 posts, started )
Astra 3.0 V6 on ebay.
2 words...

Dirt Box
You have to wonder why he didn't just buy a decent car in the first place, rather than spend the time/money putting a bigger one in a rust bucket/death trap like that. It's not like it's a great drivers car to begin with, and I can't imagine a big engine like that is going to make it any quicker in the real world.

Oh, and he hasn't told Swansea it's had an engine transplant, so what else has he done and not told people about?
RICER!! i mean come on.. who want want to drive a 3 litre v6.... on an astra's chassis!

its an old astra too... i would see more sence in having a similar spec on the newer type astra..

not supprised he wants to sell it.. he gets laughed at when he drives down the street!
Dammit my dad has a mk3 vauxhall astra 1.4 merit (had a fiesta bonus, then a sierra 4x4, kept the sierra and got a peugeot 205, then scrapped the sierra and sold peugeot 205 (a car bought for £50 and in such a bad state) and bought the astra (he hated vauxhall's before
Quote from shaun463 :Dammit my dad has a mk3 vauxhall astra 1.4 merit (had a fiesta bonus, then a sierra 4x4, kept the sierra and got a peugeot 205, then scrapped the sierra and sold peugeot 205 (a car bought for £50 and in such a bad state) and bought the astra (he hated vauxhall's before

how is that relevent?
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :how is that relevent?

That's why he's the only person on my ignore list... thanks for quoting him
Nice comments guys.... hmm

I think il send him a message over ebay to direct him to this thread
a mate of mine had an astra the same as that but with a calibra turbo engine in with over 300 bhp, it was fast but just a joke in the wet. but now he's sold the car and put the same engine into a renault 5 turbo lol
Quote from nikimere :That's why he's the only person on my ignore list... thanks for quoting him

LOL

i'll feel sorry for the sucker that buys that
3 bidders already
i would'nt mind having a go in that beast!!
wouldnt it understeer?
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :RICER!!

Isn't a ricer a person who just adds stuff to his car that doesn't affect the performance in a positive way? I.e. making a slow car look fast (or ugly), not making a slow looking car fast?
If you guys think a 3.0 liter V6 is fast.. I'm wondering if I need to send some airplane tickets to the US, a 3 liter V6 is nothing here, even I drive a 3.6 liter V6, and its not much to speak of.
Quote from XCNuse :If you guys think a 3.0 liter V6 is fast.. I'm wondering if I need to send some airplane tickets to the US, a 3 liter V6 is nothing here, even I drive a 3.6 liter V6, and its not much to speak of.

thats cos you yanks cant tune lol. 6ltr v8's with 250 hp pffft.
What kind of car is a V8 that gets only 250? My car gets 200 for the small engine size that it really is.

Then again keep in mind that my car is an crossover truck, so its also 4WD, and has plenty of torque. But some tires that don't complement what it can do, thus they chirp every time I leave the neighborhood.
Quote from andybarsblade :

Well said

4 bidders , that thing must wheel spin like crazy.
-
(Xaid0n) DELETED by Xaid0n
Quote from jamesrowe :Well said

4 bidders , that thing must wheel spin like crazy.

Yeah it's at £600 lol, suppose you'd have to save to tell swansea about the engine, that will hit the insurance.
Quote from XCNuse :If you guys think a 3.0 liter V6 is fast.. I'm wondering if I need to send some airplane tickets to the US, a 3 liter V6 is nothing here, even I drive a 3.6 liter V6, and its not much to speak of.

F=ma
Quote from andybarsblade :

Its not that we cant tune the cars, but the 6 liter v8's cant pass an emissions test when its tuned to make 400-500 horsepower. Take a look at 1960's mucle cars, before gas was expensive, and emissions ruled the roads. Even now, chrysler and dodge are using the hemi again, and you can get them with over 400 horsepower. The 250 hp v8's came in the trans-am/camero/corvette in the late 70's and the early 80's. And a lot of those engines are the same as what you will get in a truck, so they are torque monsters. Now, 6 liters will get you a modest 500 horsepower. See the Z06 corvette... Or the 2008 viper...
3.0 I6 (euro) vs 5.7 V8 (US)

ok, corvette is a bit lighter and has 40hp more so...

khem

Astra 3.0 V6 on ebay.
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG