The online racing simulator
Which would you take?
(83 posts, started )

Poll : Which would you go with?

Wheel
S2
Neither
Quote from sinkoman :Second hand DFPs are FAR from cheap. At least on Ebay.

Sure they start at maybe 30 or 40 dollars, but they usually end in the 70's and 60's, and that's not including SHIPPING

Well, it's relative, isn't it? Seeing as they are $USD129 brand new, $USD30-40 plus shipping is cheap. And it's about the same as what you would pay for a MOMO, but you get a better all-around package.

Anyway, if money is the issue, someone has already offered you a wheel for free including shipping. My advice is TAKE THE BLOODY WHEEL! Who cares if its got no FFB? IT'S FREE! He's even offered to pay the shipping costs!

Buy S2 with the money you didn't spend on the wheel, get a feel for driving with a wheel and pedals, enjoy all the new S2 content, then decide whether it's worth saving up some more money for a FFB wheel.

You get to have your cake and eat it too, plus your drawer full of cash is only $USD47.57 lighter (based on current exchange rates).
Quote from sam1600 :Well, it's relative, isn't it? Seeing as they are $USD129 brand new, $USD30-40 plus shipping is cheap. And it's about the same as what you would pay for a MOMO, but you get a better all-around package.

Anyway, if money is the issue, someone has already offered you a wheel for free including shipping. My advice is TAKE THE BLOODY WHEEL! Who cares if its got no FFB? IT'S FREE! He's even offered to pay the shipping costs!

Buy S2 with the money you didn't spend on the wheel, get a feel for driving with a wheel and pedals, enjoy all the new S2 content, then decide whether it's worth saving up some more money for a FFB wheel.

You get to have your cake and eat it too, plus your drawer full of cash is only $USD47.57 lighter (based on current exchange rates).

Actually, I can get a DFP brand new for about 100 USD, and considering that I live in Hawaii, shipping usually will average a wheel going for 60-70 out to 100 USD.

But on your advice I took ONE more look at the ebay auctions (I was watching them pretty closely for a few weeks then gave up on ebay), and found a wheel, only around one dollar at the moment, ending in about 15 hours.

Will keep an eye on this

And I wouldn't want to take his wheel because who knows, maybe he'd be better off giving it to a younger family member, or somebody else who doesn't care about force feedback.

I realize that it was FREE, but I really wouldn't want to put him through the energy of something i'd really prefer an upgrade to. In the end, i'd just feel bad for him, spending his time and money (rates to Hawaii aren't cheap) to get me a device I don't really wan't
At the risk of stating the bleedingly obvious, have you tried looking for a wheel in the local paper, for example?

I'll take your word on the shipping costs, but sourcing one locally solves that problem.
if you get S2 you might play, get a bit peaved as you cant handle the GTR cars with the keys or what ever and give up (this excludes alien "[CD]Subon VW" who does crazy times with the keyboard)

if you buy a decent force feedback wheel, you will buy S2 asap afterwards
Quote from sam1600 :At the risk of stating the bleedingly obvious, have you tried looking for a wheel in the local paper, for example?

I'll take your word on the shipping costs, but sourcing one locally solves that problem.

Yes actually, i've checked mostly local listings. Maybe not as low level as the paper, but I have checked fairly area specific sources.

People here are generally not very computer literate, so I only need to check 2 or 3 sources pertaining to the area to confirm with mysefl that "no, nobody has one, nobody here probably knows what one is".

Well, I have found one or two MOMOs on craigslist, but they were WAY overpriced.
Well if you have your drawer full of money, go with G25 and S2!
Quote from Blackout :Well if you have your drawer full of money, go with G25 and S2!

Well, I have my mental limits
Quote from Otaku :Well, I'll keep doing my research on the matter to see what I do in the end.

your registration date tells me you should wait a little longer with that decision (no seriously)

Quote from sinkoman :considering that I live in Hawaii

screw you

Which would you take?
(83 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG