The online racing simulator
I don't want the LX8 if it's going to be the only racing "7" we get. I want a proper racing 4-cyl 7 (full cage, no screen just a small deflector, no lights etc) that (shock horror) won't be slotted into any of the existing classes and will have no direct competitor.
Quote from sinbad :I don't want the LX8 if it's going to be the only racing "7" we get. I want a proper racing 4-cyl 7 (full cage, no screen just a small deflector, no lights etc) that (shock horror) won't be slotted into any of the existing classes and will have no direct competitor.

Agreed. Which is why I thought initially it might have been a LX6 GTR, which would be comparable to current racing 7's. A ~265 hp lightweight slick shod racer would be quite fun. An lx4 racer, with ~180hp Could Concievably go against the FWD GTRs, which would be interesting.

I wouldn't mind having an lx6 racer like we both agreed, then having something like XCNuse came up with as well, a lx8 gtr. It would be interesting to have a '7' in the GTR class that didn't have as much power or df as the others, but would be super-lightweight and eat the turns. Sorta like the little lotus elise in the various GT3 series' going against 911's and such.
Quote from sinbad :I don't want the LX8 if it's going to be the only racing "7" we get. I want a proper racing 4-cyl 7 (full cage, no screen just a small deflector, no lights etc) that (shock horror) won't be slotted into any of the existing classes and will have no direct competitor.

Exactly

Putting a big motor in a clubman is going against the whole philosophy of the car and I barely drive the LX6 because it's so front heavy already.
Quote from tailing :

"and I barely drive the LX6 because it's so front heavy already."

LX6 = front heavy?

Last time I checked, that car had more weight at the back then at the front, so how could that be?
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :LX4 (green), LX6 (yellow), LX8 (orange), FXO w/ wing (ricer :P) and another pic of the FXO

MRT6: link
another:link
more LX8: http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=201193&d=1088181879 notice 300KM/H
http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=201239&d=1088182683
http://forum.rscnet.org/attach ... d=201245&d=1088182683

those lx8 are lx6 with slick mode, or someone edit the tyre.dds file, only this is diference between "lx8" and lx6 at now or watch this: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=413218#post413218
No its not tikshow? That IS the actual LX8.
i wonder how many other cars the devs have to play offline
I know they have buggies!
There needs to be LFS S2.5 with miami, LX8, MRT6, and the old aston track! I would pay 6GBP for that!
I'd pay 12 GBP
#88 - Rish
I'd pay another £12 for the LX8 alone!
Quote from XCNuse :No its not tikshow? That IS the actual LX8.

only with slick tires and bigger engine? if lfstweak compatible with lx6 you can do that with it, i think. but i think the lx8 or lx gtr needs more dowforce to drive it fast so it needs wings and diffuser! like the xr class, the xrg has a small engine like the lx4, xrt has a more powerfull engine like the lx6, and the xrr is a gtr car with many settings and many downforce and much bigger engine. so in my opinion we don't need an another road legal lx car
Quote from XCNuse :I'm saying that picture is what the LX8 really looked like.
As for what you are saying, did you look at my LXGTR?

If not, see post #69

Oh, by the way there are more pictures of it below that link, see here too:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=33390#post33390

No, if you have to take a Donkervoort, take the latest (shown below)!
Attached images
Donkervoort_D8_RS_vr_EMS.jpg
Quote from bbman :No, if you have to take a Donkervoort, take the latest (shown below)!

that looks like something what i wanted to do, but i couldn't
I like the new Donkervoorts too, they're really cool looking, it reminds me alot of a slicker Morgan Aero 8 (racing version of course).
Regarding that Donkervoort... how the hell do you get in through those tiny doors? Or am I missing something?
Ever gotten into real race cars before?
Heh, some are even harder than that to get into.

Hard part is trying not to touch anything else. Otherwise your foot could put a pretty big hole in the side of the car.

But yes, that door is how you get in. For something slightly (I've gotten into harder though), is Nascars have only those little windows.
I've sat and piloted the road going TVR Cerbera Speed 12, that was a touch tricky (compared to other road cars) but nothing like the above photo. So, I suppose, no, I've never sat in a real race car. Hmm. Adds to "list of things to do before I die".
Quote from Bob Smith :Regarding that Donkervoort... how the hell do you get in through those tiny doors? Or am I missing something?

the real meaning of the "lotus position"!

Race cars are awesome....
Quote from Jamexing :LX6 = front heavy?

Last time I checked, that car had more weight at the back then at the front, so how could that be?

Sorry, I meant relative to the lx4 the extra weight towards the front of the car from the larger engine. The lx4 is my favourite car but the lx6 I rarely drive so putting an even heavier v8 in the front will only further ruin the handling of the car from my pov.
Doesn't have to have a V8... but I guess the name "LX8" is the only reason... damn LFS naming :doh: Would rather call it an LXR.

The LX could easily be made into a faster performance car with loads of power (motorcycle engine) and low weight. Slap on some slicks, a rollcage and better suspension and you'd be good to go. Would be a popular car imo... because it has roadcar characteristics with formula car precision.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG