The online racing simulator
Quote from Carboy717 :this is just like the MRT6 which was also supposed to be in S2, but was scraped and replaced by the UFR

No, the LX8 was scrapped for the UFR. The MRT6 was dropped for other reasons

Quote from mattlikespeoples :is that really a lx8 gtr? it only looks like a regular lx6 in the pic. Also, in the shop page i see no lx anything

Yes, it really is. It looks like an LX6 with dual exhausts and fat slicks.... If you read the thread, you would see that Victor took it out of the shop page.
I've done some memory editing with the TBO+LRF cartype, and I can say that an LX6 with a 3L I8 (can't change to V) is perfectly driveable, even on road tires. It had around 290bhp if I recall correctly.
OMG, they changed it from LX8 to..... OMGZ!?!?!

hmmmmm V8 lx6 that would be nice then put a supercharger on it although it wouldnt be much fun just spinning in circles
The MRT6 was just an MRT5 with wings - LTIC FSAE banned wings.
#61 - ste_
Quote from Tweaker :OMG, they changed it from LX8 to..... OMGZ!?!?!

You SOB! Y'had me going for a moment there. Looks good tho, doesn't it?
The devs had their reasons why the LX8 and MRT6 got scrapped. The LX8 was really undrivable (way too much power with zero downforce), try to increase the LX6s power with LFSTweak to see what I mean. The MRT6 was just slower then the MRT5 because of it's downforce - and who would choose a slower, similar looking car over the faster one?
Quote from duke_toaster :The MRT6 was just an MRT5 with wings - LTIC FSAE banned wings.

It was already mentioned: Wings weren't banned... They are just pointless weight as they mostly do autocrossing/autoslalom and don't get to speed where downforce would take effect...
It was worthless to have something that large as bbman has said, so instead they went with a diffuser under the car which has no aero effects and creates plenty of downforce.
Quote from GP4Flo :The devs had their reasons why the LX8 and MRT6 got scrapped. The LX8 was really undrivable (way too much power with zero downforce), try to increase the LX6s power with LFSTweak to see what I mean. The MRT6 was just slower then the MRT5 because of it's downforce - and who would choose a slower, similar looking car over the faster one?

LX4 and LX6 ?? i like the LX4 mainly becuase its easier to drive on the edge than the LX6 but i love the LX6 becuase its more powerfull

decisions, decisions..
Quote from GP4Flo :The devs had their reasons why the LX8 and MRT6 got scrapped. The LX8 was really undrivable (way too much power with zero downforce), try to increase the LX6s power with LFSTweak to see what I mean. The MRT6 was just slower then the MRT5 because of it's downforce - and who would choose a slower, similar looking car over the faster one?

However, at the TIME, the physics of the slicks and tires felt like crap. I'd bet the LX8 feels MUCH better now.
Quote from Tweaker :However, at the TIME, the physics of the slicks and tires felt like crap. I'd bet the LX8 feels MUCH better now.

+10000000000000000000000

With the Q patch tires I didn't even want to drive the LRFs at all. They were just so slidey, touchy and snappy that it made me feel bad even when I thought about the LX6. But now with the nice tires it is totally different world. LX8 would be perfect. Although I gave my own 500hp * XRT which is awesome too (just 500hp, decent sized road tires and veey big engine for the sounds ). Hint hint

* EDIT: ~690hp
I still think there are other unheard of reasons why it was never released, lets not forget how touchy the FV8 tires were back in the day (its sad to see people even today sliding that thing at the start of races).

I still think this is the best way to go and get it back into LFS though: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=33228#post33228

heh that was a long time ago, crappy render but that thing is still so badass looking
#69 - wark
Have fun in your slow cars, I'll drive my LX8 .
Quote from Tweaker :OMG, they changed it from LX8 to..... OMGZ!?!?!

lol. that lambo is from the game Racer.
Quote from hrtburnout :Have fun in your slow cars, I'll drive my LX8 .

It still says LX6 on the top left.
Hmmm, :ices_rofl

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG