The online racing simulator
Wacky control configurations
(24 posts, started )
Has anyone tried driving/racing with a really ridiculous setup? Like using the black Momo's shifter for throttle/brake and the pedals for steering

Might be fun for UF1000 races etc
:slap: :splat: :chair:

And just to finish:

:bananadea
#3 - wark
I use a mouse--is that ridiculous enough? :uglyhamme
yes. I just had one on. this odd setup I made on the fly in the TC Jamaica server. (acceleration was the wheel, steering was pedals, horn was the shifter (away from the user) the E- brake was the right petal and the clutch was the left petal, reset was the shifter towards the user. It was quite odd in my oppinion
Quote from Hankstar ::slap: :splat: :chair:

And just to finish:

:bananadea

second that.
wierdos
I've done it. Left pedal for steering left and right, keep it centered to stay neutral. Right pedal for combined throttle and brake, to throttle you have to push it down, to brake you have to completely lift it, and to do neither you keep it right in the middle. It's hard
#7 - P1lot
I read somewhere on this forum, someone had got their Wii remote talking to their PC (via bluetooth) and were using that. Probably using the motion sensors, tilting to steer etc.
Other than the fact I use a pad with the RZ (right stick, up/down) as combined throttle/brake inverted, it sounds rather stupid.
I use a gamepad with the left stick for steering and the right stick for throttle/braking combined, and R1/R2 to shift. Is that weird enough?
Joystick thats strange enough for me
never did anythign wacky in lfs
but i did fly aerofly with my dfp once
roll on the wheel engine on the brakes and elevators on the throttle ... quite hard to keep the plane level
Driving with only one hand - this mean the other hand is absolutely free for the watch out buttons.
Mouse X = steering
Mouse Y = throttle and brake combined
Mouse left button = handbrake
Mouse right button = horn or watch back
Mouse wheel = gear shifting up and down
Mouse middle = half automatic clutch

Arrow-Buttons = Watch out

Also i use better interface colors, i found out a very much better color-setup.
Go in Options>> Display>> and click right down at interface and change there the following colors:
Big opacity = 0.12
Big Text = dark blue
Button opacity = 0.28
Text unselected = bright blue (i love bright blue really so much that i post this still in here )
Own car = bright blue
AI ahead = yellow
AI behind = orange

have fun
I'd quite like to see someone drive using the TrackIR's axes. If anyone does this, please give us video of you waving your head around like a weirdo.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'd quite like to see someone drive using the TrackIR's axes. If anyone does this, please give us video of you waving your head around like a weirdo.

that must look awesome
I once tried the touchpad of my notebook instead of the mouse... it was quite horrible
I could give my graphics tablet a go too
Quote from herki :I once tried the touchpad of my notebook instead of the mouse... it was quite horrible

those joystick mouses are even worse for lfs

Quote :I could give my graphics tablet a go too

hm what type of tablet have you got and how good are the mice for it ?
Not sure if it is classed as a ridiculous setup but I have used a Playstation - PS2 controller before. Using the joysticks as you would normally for GT etc, left stick for acc/brake, right stick for steering, 1 set of shoulder buttons for gears the other for handbrake and clutch, d-pad for looking left and right etc. It is actually quite good. A mate did some league racing with a PS2 controller and had some pretty fast lap times, you can correct the car so quickly. He also liked the fact he could stand up when he got tired of sitting mid race.
Quote from flinty72 :left stick for acc/brake, right stick for steering

this reminds me i actually did use a very wacky control config once

for funsies i played lfs with a mc20 http://www.rc-unionen.dk/nytfo ... 200713112031_DSCN1985.JPG
trottle (without centre spring (like on the left stick in that pic)) and steering on the right braking (half way calibration with centre spring) on the left stick
#20 - CSU1
^^ reminds me of...well everytime I play LFS
Quote from Shotglass :hm what type of tablet have you got and how good are the mice for it ?

I have a Wacom Graphire 4, dunno about the mice, I only have the pen
ah ok then
im starting to consider buying a intuous partly for the 5000dpi mouse but mostly because i kind of always wanted to have one of these
Rich man...
I didn't want to go overkill with my first tablet right away, I'm not really good at drawing (yet), so I've gone for a "cheap" one. A lot of people discouraged using anything else than Wacom, so I didn't try one of the really cheap ones (i.e. Trust,...)
not quite as rich ... which is one of the reasons why i dont have one the other being that im not convinced ill use it near enough to warrant the price
although that 5000 dpi got me intrigued i mean i love my 2000 dpi mouse but i feel i still have to move it too mouch to get around on my desktop

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG