The online racing simulator
LFS stutters online only
(10 posts, started )
LFS stutters online only

UPDATE: For everyone with a similar problem, this is how I fixed it:

Quote from Blowtuts from RSC Forums :I had this problem for a week or so. Bugged the hell out of me. Found a tip from someone on here to go to device manager, and update the driver for the 'computer' bit. right click on acpi etc etc, choose update driver, select driver from list, and choose advanced configuration and power interface (acpi) pc. I have no understanding of why this works, (considering both are the same name with a different way of saying it) but it did the trick for me.

Not sure if this is a bug, more of a compatibility issue.

Online, LFS stutters; every 4.5-5.0 seconds, it will "pause" for about .25 of a second. Making online racing impossible. Single player is fine however.....

I've had this problem about 2 years ago with LFS S1, and it just seemed to go away without an obvious answer.

If anyone knows the probem and/or a possible solution, please let me know.

I have tried setting all overclocks to stock, closing EVERY single process, to no avail.

As I only experience this online, could it have something to do with my connection? I'm on 1.5mbit/s ADSL.

Thanks guys.
#2 - avih
not sure if it'll help, but try to increase "minimum sleep" under options->misc. it's known to cause similar issues. also, iirc, someone posted that the logitech profiler(?) or driver or something running in the background migh be causing it. search the forum, this issue has been brought up before.
#3 - vari
Are you using USB to connect the ADSL modem? It seems better to use a network cable from what I've seen and heard.
Quote from vari :Are you using USB to connect the ADSL modem? It seems better to use a network cable from what I've seen and heard.

Network connection, also, increased sleep time and it didn't help...... I'll have to try and make sure I have all processes (including any logitech ones) shut down......

Thanks guys, keep the ideas coming
#5 - Misko
Are you using Logicetch Formula Vibration Feedback Wheel or a ruble pad? If yes then one component of Logitech's drivers is causing this, backweb.exe IIRC. If you can see that running in your task manager, disable it and see if it helps.
happens to me every now and then. usually when i have a dodgy connection to the internet (56k). But its usually fixed the next day or maybe a few hours later..
I've had this before - the game just freezing for a split second every few moments. It's undriveable when it happens.

However I find that a reboot of my machine usually cures it, indicating that something, somewhere, is interfering with my connection. Probably some annoying auto-updater that runs without asking me which I should probably track down one day - but it rarely happens really. On the (even rarer) occasion that a reboot of my computer (or router, or modem) doesn't cure it, I find that using a different server turns out to be fine, again suggesting it's an internet connection issue at one end or the other.
#8 - latch
Might want to check this thread out, specifically Blowtus' post. It worked for me back in S1.
#9 - Vesa
When i had this the culprit was Asus temperature monitor. Anyways, if you have some kind of process that monitors cpu/gpu/your socks temperatures try disabling that.
Quote from latch :Might want to check this thread out, specifically Blowtus' post. It worked for me back in S1.

Unbelieveable!! Works now!!

For everyone, this i how I fixed it:

Quote from Blowtuts from RSC Forums :I had this problem for a week or so. Bugged the hell out of me. Found a tip from someone on here to go to device manager, and update the driver for the 'computer' bit. right click on acpi etc etc, choose update driver, select driver from list, and choose advanced configuration and power interface (acpi) pc. I have no understanding of why this works, (considering both are the same name with a different way of saying it) but it did the trick for me.

Thanks guys for all your help!!

Now it's back to racing for the first time in months!!

LFS stutters online only
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG