The online racing simulator
Eurovision predictions contest
(91 posts, started )
#76 - Rish
Quote from Madman_CZ :
I loved Terry Wogans comments, he makes the Eurovision worth watching....

Terry wogan was on form last night. lol he even managed to give chris moyles a ribbing!
Ireland came last , needless to say that if we had an Irish singer singing the trad song we wouldn't of lost to u.k

after all i didn't think British airways and band ?!?!
also i wonder if Ireland ( like Romania ,Bulgaria etc ) had plenty of country's around it to vote for it , would it win ?? ( well clearly it would , even if it happened to sing a mixture of Turkish , Herman and Japaneses backwards )
#78 - Rish
Quote from theirishnoob :

There not, they're a bunch of talentless fools!
I cant believe england didnt give Ireland any points! After a generous 7 from them they got nothing from us! (i think)
Quote from theirishnoob :Ireland came last , needless to say that if we had an Irish singer singing the trad song we wouldn't of lost to u.k

Just someone who sang in tune would've been an improvement.
#80 - joen
The Eurovision is the pinnacle of bad taste, it lacks any taste actually.

shamelessly offtopic:
Quote from Jertje :My word... fascinating pixel!

Your avatar is brilliant
Quote :Ukraine FTW!!
Heard their song this morning! A true Eurovision classic!!

hehe, saw them last night- thought they were probably the best out of the lot. Actually, that was my first Eurovision ever, and I have to say I'm completely grateful I've missed out all those years. Couldn't sit through to the end as I began to feel a strange compulsion to hurt myself physically as each of the countries went through the voting ritual...

Truly dreadful

edit:
Quote :Your avatar is brilliant

Yep!
Congrats Serbia (and Boris ), nice victory, and great you beat the Ukrainian blablah. I wish Belgrade will host a good show next year But they really should change the name.. "Eastern Euro Vision Neighbour Ass Licking Contest" would sound good.

My career as an Eurovision Spectator started and ended on the same day - yesterday. Didn't enjoy it at all, in fact it was really painful to see how our hard earned taxes were used on a music video that cost over 200 000e, and on a show that featured bad music and even worse music.

I hope we'll get a good hockey final today. It might save the weekend.
#83 - Jakg
Quote from theirishnoob :Ireland came last , needless to say that if we had an Irish singer singing the trad song we wouldn't of lost to u.k

also i wonder if Ireland ( like Romania ,Bulgaria etc ) had plenty of country's around it to vote for it , would it win ?? ( well clearly it would , even if it happened to sing a mixture of Turkish , Herman and Japaneses backwards )

ours sucked, and yours sucked slightly harder - i mean come on, when a cross-dresser who's main selling point is exactly that comes 2nd you know its taking the piss
Quote from Bladerunner :I wish we could have voted for those three guys with the cellos (during the acrobatic interval)...they were the best musicians on there last night!

It is actually real band: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocalyptica

Quote from thisnameistaken :Quick question: Why do most people here not appreciate how shit Lordi are/is? Were you all so excited that a rock band won Eurovision that you didn't notice they were appallingly awful?

You still haven't figured out that Lordi does not take itself as "a rock band" dead seriously?

Quote from frokki :hard earned taxes were used on a music video that cost over 200 000e

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsYqgHJiFQ8

Still far better use for tax money than giving the money to politicians or something...
I only watched it because of Terry Wogan lol he makes me laugh predicting where the points are going to go Even said himself "why do we bother...Let's just take part." lol I don't think UK will ever win it again.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Quick question: Why do most people here not appreciate how shit Lordi are/is? Were you all so excited that a rock band won Eurovision that you didn't notice they were appallingly awful?

You didn't understand: Lordi winning last year's Song Contest (with a record in points, I might add) was a huge slap in the face of the Song Contest's organisation, that's what made it so brilliant...
I don't know why you guys are so hard on Eurovision contest? I quite enjoy watching it, yeah, there are some rubbish songs, but, honestly, our song was very good, and i would be very dissapointed in you guys if you honestly say that our song is rubish... It's a very emotional song, very good lyrics, very good composition, really, there's nothing cheap in that song, Marija has a fabolous voice... don't be so hard on this competition, it's a good watch, just because your singers suck , don't be hard on others that really came there to win with all their heart

Congratulations Marija!! You deserved it girl!! :laola:
Quote from Jakg :ours sucked, and yours sucked slightly harder - i mean come on, when a cross-dresser who's main selling point is exactly that comes 2nd you know its taking the piss

Dervish doesn't have a cross dresser. But ROI are throwing the ESC every year - RTE nearly went down Carey street hosting it 3 times in a row.

Something needs to be done about the political voting. I suggest that the semi-finals is changed. Split the entries in to geographical groups and the top so many from each group qualify. For the semifinals though, you can only vote for who wins in groups other than your own. Top so many from each group. Countries that don't make the final don't vote and , importantly, you can't give points to countries in your group.

And Lordi rule. It was actually the best song there, and it was amongst the less impressive ones on the album. /me runs.
Quote from duke_toaster :And Lordi rule. It was actually the best song there, and it was amongst the less impressive ones on the album. /me runs.

Yeah the political voting is stupidly ridiculous as is the fact that semi finalist countries can vote....

about the album i totally agree / runs and catches up with Duke Toaster.
Quote from bbman :You didn't understand: Lordi winning last year's Song Contest (with a record in points, I might add) was a huge slap in the face of the Song Contest's organisation, that's what made it so brilliant...

A useless slap in the face, I might add. For instance, for different reasons, the British and Latvian "songs" are an insult to intelligence and good taste. They shouldn't have been allowed.
Quote from bbman :You didn't understand: Lordi winning last year's Song Contest (with a record in points, I might add) was a huge slap in the face of the Song Contest's organisation, that's what made it so brilliant...

No it wasn't. They gave the win to a gimmick band with a crap song, just like they always do. What's so different about that?

Eurovision predictions contest
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG