The online racing simulator
OMGZ0RZ!!!! I FOUND THE SAME PICTURE IN THE SCREENS SECTION!!!! L0LZ!!! HERE: http://www.liveforspeed.net/pa ... es/screenshots/anni32.jpg THAT MEANS WE GET IT SOON!!! OMGZ0RZ
[/sarcasm]

It's been there for ages... And to start, it's just some random screens from the media section bolted together to make a .gif, it has absolutely nothing to do with what's going on in development... The FOX-steeringwheel gives away how old this picture is...
Haha I knew it would be something like that, bravo
Moved to general discussion? Someone wants to give a lesson or just plain embarrass someone.
:doh:
Quote from srdsprinter :now was it a 6... or an 8...

It was called the LX8 GTR, and was supposed to be a V8.
Quote from joen :good choice imo. most people wouldn't be able to drive it properly anyway.

It was deemed undrivable back then and probably was. But now with the current physics it could make a comeback
Quote from joen :So many people are asking for the LX8 while they hardly drive the LX6...

Some of us always look for a populated LX server before going anywhere else. Some of us look, then decide they'd rather go offline and drive the LXs. I've probably got more offline miles in the LX4 and LX6 than I have in any car online.

So yes, I would like the LX8.

Quote from geeman1 :It was deemed undrivable back then and probably was. But now with the current physics it could make a comeback

I'd certainly like to try!
#34 - joen
Quote from thisnameistaken :Some of us always look for a populated LX server before going anywhere else. Some of us look, then decide they'd rather go offline and drive the LXs. I've probably got more offline miles in the LX4 and LX6 than I have in any car online.

So yes, I would like the LX8.

I'd certainly like to try!

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean the LX8 shouldn't be brought back, I'm just saying I understand the decision the devs made (certainly at that stage of the physics development)
Now the LX8 could be the old LX6, an evil oversteery beast
The LX6 just got so tame over the years...
You would know if there was about to be a new car added to LFS by the skins upload page on lfsworld. Just before the patch with the BF1 I noticed an increase in the allowed skins, I didn't make a thread about it because I assumed it was just extra skin slots being allocated. Many others probably spotted that too.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :You would know if there was about to be a new car added to LFS by the skins upload page on lfsworld. Just before the patch with the BF1 I noticed an increase in the allowed skins

The release of CMX Viewer is a good clue too
removed that pic from the anim, in case you start to wonder what they're on about in this thread.
What about the Miami track, huh
Its not miami, its docklands.

Eric tossed it, we will never see any more of it ever again, however a track similar to it would be highly appreciated, we need a city+water themed track badly.

And no, I do not believe the LX8 was turbocharged. But back in those days it didn't take much to get the wheelspin, that was back in the days when people couldn't handle the FV8 (some people still can't which is sad though).
#43 - SamH
Quote from Victor :removed that pic from the anim, in case you start to wonder what they're on about in this thread.

ARGGGHHH! NEXT time I'll finish reading the thread before I begin staring at the pics in the link until my eyeballs dry up!
Quote from SamH :ARGGGHHH! NEXT time I'll finish reading the thread before I begin staring at the pics in the link until my eyeballs dry up!

Same here
First when i saw the pic, i thought it was the LX6, buit look at the positioning of the exhaust... The lx6 has the pipe on the left hand side. Im assuming this has two pipes, one on each side. Also, look at the rims/slicks/thickness of tires! Thats the LX8 alright! I want it! I bet the devs have it and still race with it... I know i would. I can't imagine the devs deleting the files, so they do exist! We just have to bother the devs enough to get them! I find that video funny. The sound is horrible, and the handling is even worse!
I bet with the physic we have now, it could actually be raceable, not to metion being the First V8 in anything besides a formula car. IMO a much needed addition to LFS.
Any chance we get to see LX8 or Miami/Docklands in S3?
Zero.

Or atleast very... very very very small of a chance, even though it would be nice.
oh geez.

this is just like the MRT6 which was also supposed to be in S2, but was scraped and replaced by the UFR
I say the devs release a demo with lost and unfinished projects on it. For S2 users only. I'd like it to have the miami track, MRT6, LX8 and more.
is that really a lx8 gtr? it only looks like a regular lx6 in the pic. Also, in the shop page i see no lx anything

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG