The online racing simulator
Eurovision predictions contest
(91 posts, started )
12 Points to the Pixel.
haha nice one Victor but tell about the pixels Scawen so we can have LFS as nice screenshot generator .

Ok back to the topic.
Madman_CZ it think the Kabat is much better then to have 60years old Vondrackova with her silicon tits .I am gald they didnt choose her.Dont you think .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=
Victor must be bored, two posts in off-topic in two days.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Ok back to the topic.
Madman_CZ it think the Kabat is much better then to have 60years old Vondrackova with her silicon tits .I am gald they didnt choose her.Dont you think .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=

:ices_rofl at the pixel....!

I have to agree there Devil, Vondrackova has passed it, still has good vocals though but I just feel they could have chosen a better song from their new album. The one they have picked I can't help but find very dull and boring. Still maybe its just my taste, and it may actually appeal to people....... who knows.

It's still a lot better than some of the other countries, there are some awful ones that really scramble your brain.

haha the Czech remake of its raining men is funny! Hearing it in English and then in Czech i can't help but laugh....

mad
Serbia's Maria Serifovic gonna pwn them all!
No, really, the song is nice, not so nice like the one from 2(or 3?) years ago from Zeljko Joksimovic that took 2nd place behind that awfull Ukranian song from Ruslana (nhf Ukranians, but our song was MUCH better )...
I predict a bit of rofl'ing, a little :drink: and perhaps some Dr Phil-style "what the hell are you thinkin'?"

My friends and I usually get together and have some cold ones while watching Eurovision - much the same way you get people stopping to look at a road accident. It's a strangely compelling disaster which fills me with morbid fascination
#32 - Nobo
DJ Bobo for the win !
or at least the nation with the hottest chicks on stage!
Couldn't really care less... I'll still probably going to watch it just because I'm curious how the Finnish Broadcasting Company will make or break it.
Quote from Madman_CZ :You think that is bad?

Czech entry by Kabat!

Although far from spectacular, the Czech entry is infinitely better than the lame English eurodance song.

I may have a somewhat higher standard for music preferring far less popular genres, but what I listened to seems quite poor to me, even in pop music. I listened to three songs, and all of them would be dubbed as trash.
Probably the Eurovision contest works in the same way as Sanremo: the notable names don't join the contests because their popularity is more than enough to guarantee sales, while those who need a push have a tendency to show a cheesy pop attitude to gain immediate recognition.
But all in all contests in all forms of art are utterly meaningless. I can't imagine Beethoven battling with Bach, Verdi and Edgard Varese to see who's best. This is market, not art. And entertainment, of course, provided you consider trash entertaining, just like I do sometimes
Quote from deggis :Couldn't really care less... I'll still probably going to watch it just because I'm curious how the Finnish Broadcasting Company will make or break it.

They already broke it. They've been catering the quests with all the regular things: sauna, boot throwing, wife carrying, santa, lapland, but no mosquitoes.

I personally hate it when every official representation about finland is with those things.

Finland has no hope in the actual contest, but that was a planned thing, as usual.
I predict.

UK, France, Spain will be in the bottom (UK definately, they always are)

And like Terry Wogan says, it's a conspiracy
Quote from the_angry_angel :Hasn't this already happened?

I swear there was loads about eurovision-crap recently in the UK...or was that us voting for who to send to the slaughter this year?

That was - we sent a bunch of critical upgrade notification tools called Scooch - a cheesy bubblegum dance act that split a few years ago and reformed after a one off appearance at a gay club to torture Europe at the ESC.
#38 - Nobo
Quote from Xaid0n :I predict.

UK, France, Spain will be in the bottom (UK definately, they always are)

And like Terry Wogan says, it's a conspiracy

Thats the problem being on an island, you dont have enough neighbour countries
#39 - Jakg
Quote from duke_toaster :ROFL. There was a rumour that Rammstein were going to enter, but that was unfortunatly a load of crap

garr. Bloody massive Rammstein fan, would love to see what the 'ell would happen with someone who can actually play good music!

Eurovision sucks - we all know it, my god we've got the next S-Club 7 as our entry's - but we all watch it because we want to laugh at a bunch of people who are "representing" their countries in a competition no-one cares about
Yayzorz Finland Vodka and Mumin the whole week!

no, seriously i really liked Icelands entry
Quote from Jakg :garr. Bloody massive Rammstein fan, would love to see what the 'ell would happen with someone who can actually play good music!

This song contest doesnt deserve such great bands as Rammstein. And they probably would never take part in something like this anyway.
Quote from duke_toaster :ROFL. There was a rumour that Rammstein were going to enter, but that was unfortunatly a load of crap

WOW, I would like to see that!! They'll surely put the stage on fire or kick some participant ass LOL.

BTW: Why nearly every eurovision participants are so lame? I've heard great music from lots of countries, but they always send some stupid "commercial made" band (including and specially my country!)

And better not to talk about lyrics, at least the Spanish ones are... LMAO, like "WTF are you singing? It doesn't have a f* sense!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mX72kxTebFk <---- ROLF

And this gives me an idea for a thread, in a community so international like this we could recommend some bands from our countries that are not internationally famous but they have good music and specially lyrics!
Quote from Jakg :garr. Bloody massive Rammstein fan, would love to see what the 'ell would happen with someone who can actually play good music!

Other than Lordi last year.
Quote from Albieg :Although far from spectacular, the Czech entry is infinitely better than the lame English eurodance song.

Quote :I may have a somewhat higher standard for music preferring far less popular genres, but what I listened to seems quite poor to me, even in pop music. I listened to three songs, and all of them would be dubbed as trash.

The Czech entry was OK verging in the good IMO, the rest were bad.

Quote :Probably the Eurovision contest works in the same way as Sanremo: the notable names don't join the contests because their popularity is more than enough to guarantee sales, while those who need a push have a tendency to show a cheesy pop attitude to gain immediate recognition.

Bingo.

Quote :But all in all contests in all forms of art are utterly meaningless. I can't imagine Beethoven battling with Bach, Verdi and Edgard Varese to see who's best. This is market, not art. And entertainment, of course, provided you consider trash entertaining, just like I do sometimes

Well, it was originally an experiment in just seeing if a live TV broadcast to multiple countries was feasible.
He who makes a song to win a contest, loses the soul.
He who loses the soul ,makes empty songs.
He who makes empty songs, wins the contest.

Quote from ZORER :He who makes a song to win a contest, loses the soul.
He who loses the soul ,makes empty songs.
He who makes empty songs, wins the contest.

So the one who makes the winning song wins?
Quote from Blackout :So the one who makes the winning song wins?

Now what kind of flawed logic is that? Who would make such a stupid statement?
i think ireland will suck AGAIN WITHOUT ME !!

i think its gonna be another alternative band like lordi will win :S
#49 - wien
Oh god. Just looked up the Norwegian entry on Youtube. We apologize. :ashamed:

Hmm, predictions:

France - 75
Germany - 120
Spain - 142 (Kudos for finding 4 guys with the exact same voice!)
United Kingdom - 24 (Flight attendants? Really?)

Latvia - 10
Sweden - 196
Greece - 132
Belarus - 107
Russia - 163
Aaaand, of course, Norway - Zéro points
Quote from Blackout :So the one who makes the winning song wins?

Yea, but the others must make not-winning songs.

Eurovision predictions contest
(91 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG