The online racing simulator
LFS too ambitious?
(36 posts, started )
#26 - wark
Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? wherefore reason ye among yourselves, considering the development process? Is not Scawen, your developer, a faithful developer?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Quote from BEEAH :I would be all for them opening up the doors for donations to help the process.

I agree, more money should certainly speed up things a little bit. The next question is : how many people are willing to donate?
#28 - joen
Quote from hrtburnout :I agree, more money should certainly speed up things a little bit.

I don't see why more money would speed up the developement process? If my mind isn't playing tricks with me, I remember Scawen saying that he's already working +9 hour days... I can't imagine that working longer would bring alot, since the human body isn't a machine and needs breaks...

At the moment the developement process is fast enough, I mean W was out about 4 weeks ago and we already have had several test patches for the next one...

Apart from that a donation option would be nice though... (or just order some stuff in the lfs shop when it finally opens )
I personally feel that if a 3 dev team can d o this much by them selfs anything for them is passable , tho i know there is plenty of requests for cool new stuff i think that when s3 comes out it will be great
Quote from wark :Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? wherefore reason ye among yourselves, considering the development process? Is not Scawen, your developer, a faithful developer?

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

ROFL!

If you examine what's already been acheived, I don't see LFS being overambtious. The "original" timeline was amibtious, and experience has proven that. (All three stages were planned ridiculously close together in ancient days). Unless Racing Legends pops up out of nowhere, I don't think LFS has any real threats on the "near" horizon. iRacing might be a problem, but who knows until it's released what it will drive like.
we'll have to wait and see.... we had the same discussion with nkp
Quote from Mike85 :The sim racing market is about to explode and many companies want to be in it from the start. LFS has a chance, but others are very close. iRacing looks promising.

That's what they said when GTR was released, and then rFactor, and then GTR2, and then netKar Pro...

But LFS keeps growing...
Money is not what is needed to help the development of lfs. Offering money, donations, ect. is useless. IMO what the devs need the most is the growing support and interest from the fans of the game. And they have plenty of that.
Quote from stevewhite :Money is not what is needed to help the development of lfs. Offering money, donations, ect. is useless. IMO what the devs need the most is the growing support and interest from the fans of the game. And they have plenty of that.

Money is useless, yes, because they wouldn't spend it to get more people working on it. They do their work as they intend to and it's probably never going to change.

I don't really think that we really influence them at all. I mean, they know what we want, and they know what we think is not right, but I think most of our suggestions are left without answer, and that's kind of normal considering it's only, say, half of the community that thinks something is wrong.

edit: and by the way, I don't really think this topic is the same than "how time flies". At least, it's not intended to be. The topic name is different, at least. Personally, I don't think that we can call LFS too ambitious, because what's planned will probably be done eventually. Just calling it too slow would be better. You have to face the truth, eventually. LFS is on top now, and as far as most people know, there's nothing new that seems like the next gen sim, but it cannot stay like that eternally. It's just not possible, really.
hi all
i think that the problem is that developpers have to improve too much things in same time. And during this time, people are boring because the external perception is that nothing is moving on.
A good idea will be to publish a Track SDK. By this way, a lot of people could work on new tracks (officals one or not) and it will increase the popularity of the game.

PS : Excuse my poor english language

LFS too ambitious?
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG