The online racing simulator
No to the TC in FO8!!!
#27 - robt
i also find (along with kev) that its only accelerating out of slow corners which causes a problem with the FO8, but i can go (reasonably) fast with the FO8 on keyboard so it cant be THAT hard.
Quote from Dalek0220 :And before Bob comes and locks/tells me about his easy control setups, explain why it spins a helluva lot.

You cannot pretend to exit a 2nd gear hairpin at full throttle from the apex. The best traction control you have is your right foot, learn to use it and you'll have it available in everything you drive.
the fo8 is and even with patch pq tyres was one of the best handling cars in lfs
I think we need more tyres on the FO8, lets give it 6 tyres.
#31 - Jakg
actually, thats a good idea, the FOT - The Formula Tyrell!
didny S1 have like all types of slick tires? even WET versions that werent event needed
#33 - Gunn
FO8 is easy to control and sticks like glue.
#34 - Davo
lol just a tiny exageration there

F08 is sweet the way it is, it reacts to driver inputs superbly.
Quote from Davo :lol just a tiny exageration there

F08 is sweet the way it is, it reacts to driver inputs superbly.

Completely agree.

Even 54 laps around SO4R in high wind was fun.
I am a driving god!

According to Dalek0220 at least, since I am actually able to control the FO8 rather well.
Somebody crying about "the car is to easy to catch" and other crying "The car is to hard to control". And i say the physics are great and realistic. Actually are maybe just some aerodynamic-glitches in LFS. The Most aerodynamic glitches was fixed since the BF1 is released, The front of the car cant be set high to be faster with the same downforce, thats nice.
Quote from chanoman315 :No to the TC in FO8!!!

I second that! please dont make the fo8 a baby BF1 that would suck bigtime!
No way the FO8 needs TC. That would ruïn the best car of the game..
Hard to control? Not enough grip?

Stay well away from nKPro then...you wouldn't get out of the pit lane.

Honestly, the open wheelers in LFS are virtually glued to the floor. Way to much grip imo.
Quote from duke_toaster :You are either using a button throttle or have a lead foot.

RL F3000 cars had no TC, so why should they have it in LFS?

I would like a car between the FOX and FO8, but leave the V8 how it is.

a car between the FOX and FO8 can be:F BMW, F3, F Renault V6, Champcar ATLANTIC & IPL Car

TC for FO8 -1
a better computer for me +1
More Formula Car +10
1st gear and some 2nd gear corner's are a problem accelerating hard out of but take care at those corners and the others are easy enough. I can't drive the fxo as all i do is understeer for anything but i don't complain about. I just know that if i practiced with it i would be able to drive it, same with fo8.

TC fo8 -1 from me. Don't drive it much but it is fun to drive.
The FO8 is actually quite easy to handle coming out of slow corners. As long as you are straight then it will rarely spin even at max throttle load.

I would like to see the FO8 given maybe 100bhp more power to give a bit more room between that and the FOX to fit in another Formula car - an FO6 perhaps?
FO8 is a hard car for people to drive, it provides people with a challange if they were all easy to drive there would be not point
Quote from scania :a car between the FOX and FO8 can be:F BMW, F3, F Renault V6, Champcar ATLANTIC & IPL Car

TC for FO8 -1
a better computer for me +1
More Formula Car +10

I think you would rather drive a Bugatti Veyron which costs 1,152,159.97 USD!
#46 - aoun
The FO8 isnt easy.. but isnt hard.. i would say its medium comparing them to the other cars of LFS. It grips alot.. i never seem to unsteer and lock up the tyres or anything..

i think what some people need to do, is understand that you cant go full throttle when you want.. when you channel the gas around turns you can really make a turn without spinning out.. jus practice.. srsly..

mouse.. keyboard.. wheel.. ive been a user of all of them and managed to cope with all.. just gets faster with wheel is all..
I call such threads selfownage
Quote from funnybone2 :didny S1 have like all types of slick tires? even WET versions that werent event needed

I don't think so; the MRT5 is the only S1 car with slicks IIRC, and I'm sure there were no wet compounds. Not available in game, anyways. I do seem to recall someone finding something about wet compounds tucked away in some files, but that may have been in S2 and it didn't lead anywhere.

Quote from dawesdust_12 :I think we need more tyres on the FO8, lets give it 6 tyres.

The resurgence of the Tyrell! I'd love to see someone try it again.... heh heh.
Quote from scania :a car between the FOX and FO8 can be:F BMW, F3, F Renault V6, Champcar ATLANTIC & IPL Car

FBMW is below the FOX, F3 is a good idea, FRV6 would be very similar to the FO8, Atlantics and Indy Lights I have no clue about.

Formula BMW would be a lot slower than Formula Renault 2.0. Renault V6/Champcar type things are very similar to the FO8, although a V6 engined car with somewhat different characteristics would be fun if it could be competitive with the FO8. The problem with an F3 car is they produce huge amounts of downforce but aren't very powerful, awesomely effective at eating slow tracks a bit lost on fast tracks.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG