The online racing simulator
More Tyres. And TC for the F08
Slicks aren't enough. SlickMod is crap. Tyres like what is on the BF1 for the F08 would do nice.

In long.

The F08 is TOO HARD TO CONTROL! Traction Control for the Formula V8 can help. But treaded tyres can help(i think) to help. More people will use it, and well, the tyres would be labelled.
like this.

Race_Soft
Race_Hard
Race_Slick R2,R3 and R4
Oh, while i'm on hard/soft tyres, put them in too.
Same for the BF1

F1_soft
F1_hard
F1_slick R2,R3 and R4
and bla bla bla.

And yes, this would cause a major in game change. And Phisic changes.
Quote from Dalek0220 :TOO HARD TO CONTROL!

No, it isn't.
It doesn't need TC and the tyres are grippy enough.
#3 - joen
Quote from Dalek0220 :The F08 is TOO HARD TO CONTROL!

NO IT'S NOT!

Quote :
Traction Control for the Formula V8 can help. But treaded tyres can help(i think) to help. More people will use it, and well, the tyres would be labelled.

The FO8 is basically a copy of an F3000 car, which don't have TC.
And how would treaded tyres make it easier to control?
You are either using a button throttle or have a lead foot.

RL F3000 cars had no TC, so why should they have it in LFS?

I would like a car between the FOX and FO8, but leave the V8 how it is.
And before Bob comes and locks/tells me about his easy control setups, explain why it spins a helluva lot.
If the FO8 is too hard for you or you just dont like it, then do what I do and just dont drive it.

You cant like every car or have every car at your experience level. To state as fact that it is too hard and to demand changes is ignorant IMO.
Quote from Dalek0220 :And before Bob comes and locks/tells me about his easy control setups, explain why it spins a helluva lot.

One word: 450hp.
Should i just delete this?
I dont think you can delete threads.
-
(geeman1) DELETED by geeman1
#10 - joen
Quote from Dalek0220 :explain why it spins a helluva lot.

Because you don't control it correctly it would seem.
In my experience, the RAC for instance is much harder than the FO8. And the LX6 probably too.
*cough* my thread, i can delete mine.*cough*
Quote from joen :Because you don't control it correctly it would seem.
In my experience, the RAC for instance is much harder than the FO8. And the LX6 probably too.

It's probably ease of control off the line ...
-1 the F08 is not hard to control if your careful on the throttle. and -1 for more tire choises. I'm confused the way it is.
Quote from Dalek0220 :TOO HARD TO CONTROL!

The FO8 isn't too hard to control, it's just your right foot that you have problems controling .

Quote :Traction Control for the Formula V8 can help. But treaded tyres can help(i think) to help. More people will use it, and well, the tyres would be labelled.

Please don't tell me you think treaded tyres produce more grip than slicks... If F1 teams were allowed they'd be running slicks but rules state they must use treaded tyres to bring the corner speeds down. The slicks being used on GP2 cars have been proven to have more grip than F1 tyres.
The FO8 is not hard to control atm, just like a faster more stable FOX.
you should better practice your skills instead if making stupid and BIG LETTER post, nobody need them.
If you can't control the FO8 then is there a simple reason, you can't handle your throttle.
Quote from Dalek0220 :...explain why it spins a helluva lot.

Quote from duke_toaster :You are either using a button throttle or have a lead foot.

You got into LFS after patch T came out didn't you?

The FO8 is not hard to control, but isn't it a good thing that it needs a little more thought to drive?
Quote from Dalek0220 : Slicks aren't enough. SlickMod is crap. Tyres like what is on the BF1 for the F08 would do nice.

Yes, slicks ARE enough
Slickmod does what it says it does, and does it well.
The FO8 DOES have BF1 tyres, which is why the FO8 is so lovely (and a bit easy) now.
Quote from Dalek0220 :In long.

The F08 is TOO HARD TO CONTROL! Traction Control for the Formula V8 can help. But treaded tyres can help(i think) to help. More people will use it, and well, the tyres would be labelled.

The FO8 isn't too hard AT ALL. You just can't drive very well.
Traction Control is soley and totally for girls (in the big girls blouse variety). Are you a pansy?
Treaded tyres will make it easier in so much that slides (which will be more frequent) might be more progressive. But it'll be slower overall and generally not as nice.
Quote from Dalek0220 :

Race_Soft
Race_Hard
Race_Slick R2,R3 and R4

R1 is Soft
R4 is Hard.
So we have your suggestions already...
Quote from Dalek0220 :
Oh, while i'm on hard/soft tyres, put them in too.
Same for the BF1

F1_soft
F1_hard
F1_slick R2,R3 and R4
and bla bla bla.

I DO agree however that the BF1 should have it's own tyres (F1_R1, or maybe Just F1 - F4), so that the other single seaters don't have excessively soft (or hard) compounds. F1 tyre compounds are different to what 'normal' cars require. R1 could then be super soft and not long lasting at all, and R4 could be a hard endurance tyre and barely wear, whilst F1 could simulate a soft F1 compound (yet still last 30 laps without overheating, yet perhaps be more sensitive in it's zone) and F4 could be a hard F1 compound (i.e. still damn sticky, but a second or two slower per lap and a bit longer lasting)...
Quote from Dalek0220 :
And yes, this would cause a major in game change. And Phisic changes.

Physics won't change, but it would be a major, incompatible patch.

For the first part of your post I will assume you had forgotten to turn your brain on. For the last part I will assume it was just booting up, as there is the hints of a good idea in there. Shame you didn't let it finish booting up before typing. Have a nice day
#20 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :Traction Control is soley and totally for girls (in the big girls blouse variety). Are you a pansy?

while i agree, aren't you being a bit hypocriticial, driving an MX5 and all?
That car doesn't have TC, can sit at 30° of yaw all day (well, maybe not all day!), is superbly balanced, has one of the best gear changes ever, and yet returns 25-35mpg. It might be a bit soft *looking*, but underneath it's actually a very competant wee beasty.

I will admit it needs another few hundred horsepower though, not that many things can beat me despite it only having 115hp. Porsche Boxster on Norfolk roads - no problem. I sometimes eat Impreza drivers for lunch. Admittedy it also needs a decent (read: twisty) road for this to occur.

Anyway, being a non-driver you can't really comment can you?
I've been driving the FO8 since S2 came out. I loved it way back when the tyre physics were very different, and I love it today. The FO8 is the most difficult car in LFS, but it's far from impossible. The fact it is so difficult is also what makes it so rewarding to drive when you get it right.
-1 for the TC
-1 for more tires
+1 for spend more time learning, do you have a wheel?
#24 - Jakg
Quote from tristancliffe :Anyway, being a non-driver you can't really comment can you?

ive driven a manly Rover 820i (go me!), a Turbo Diesel Golf, a non-turbo diesel golf and something owned by lotus....

A Proton Wira

Shut-it, nancy boy :P
The only "hard" part about driving the FO8 is accelerating out of slow corners, and maybe following another FO8 through a corner. You just need to react faster when one end of the car loses grip than you do in any of the other cars.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG