The online racing simulator
What wheel do you use?
(54 posts, started )

Poll : What wheel do you use?

Closed since :
Logitech G25
Logitech Driving Force Pro
Other (inc. Logitech Driving Force non-Pro)
Logitech Momo Force (Black or Red)
Microsoft ForceFeedback
Thrustmaster 360 Modena Pro with no FF and only 1 Axis for Throttle/Break.

Need a new one :P
Trust Predator
it was broken once.. got new one @ store
#28 - Jakg
Quote from GFresh :Ok cool. Just out of interest, what broke on yours to warrant an RMA?

the wheel started mis-calibrating
Quote from The Moose :That's the first time i've ever heard anyone say that (cue a flood of "DFP is crap" posts :razz

Well, I always thought my momo was a bit naff, it was nice but never felt really like a quality product. The DFP is certainly a nicer wheel (only used one briefly but the difference was clear). Both are put to shame by the G25 though, it really shows up how bad they are (both comparatively and in their own right).

It's the same reason most people use £8 earphones, if they ever tried a really nice pair, they'd never want to go back.
Logitech Driving Force Pro never let me down so far
So for another ten quid you could've got a Driving Force Pro, which is actually a really good wheel. Nice one... :rolleyes:
Sooo, you paid more for a used one than it would've been as brand new?

Well, you are not a financial genius I can tell that!
Daxn, this thread tempted me to buy a G25 instead of by DFP. However, for a mostly open-wheel racer like me, the sequential shifter of G25 is kinda the same as DFP.. but the pedals and the wheel are the one which attract me so much. I am kinda fed up with the pedals of my DFP...
Quote from Blackout :Sooo, you paid more for a used one than it would've been as brand new?

Well, you are not a financial genius I can tell that!

its brand new with 2 years cover on it so its not used.
#36 - Jakg
Quote from faster111 :right the wheel on ebey i got was 42 pounds and a 10 pounds for postage but look at here
http://www.logitech.com/index. ... CRID=2217,CONTENTID=11066

so nearly the same price so.

wow? its nearly the same price as a decent wheel! yay!
Quote from keithano :Daxn, this thread tempted me to buy a G25 instead of by DFP. However, for a mostly open-wheel racer like me, the sequential shifter of G25 is kinda the same as DFP.. but the pedals and the wheel are the one which attract me so much. I am kinda fed up with the pedals of my DFP...

......DO IT!

The pedals ROCKZ0R! they owned my ACT Labs pedals which owned my Momo pedals, and the wheel is just.... sublime

I can't wait for my new one to arrive...
Quote from faster111 :its brand new with 2 years cover on it so its not used.

well thats good then!

Seriously, you shoulda got a DFP
Quote from thisnameistaken :So for another ten quid you could've got a Driving Force Pro, which is actually a really good wheel. Nice one... :rolleyes:

heh, don't tell him It's people like him that make us eBayers money, paying more for the item than it's actually worth .
G25.

First wheel and I wouldnt go back
I can't believe more people have got G25s than DFPs now. I really am behind the times.

I do need to get rid of this ghetto 3-pedal setup actually - I miss the brake pedal completely sometimes. :eek:
Thrustmaster 360 Modena Pro, no FF, no separate axis for throttle/break.
Hope to be finally able to afford a G25...
I use the MOMO Racing and the G25
But the G25 sucks, MOMO Rules!
Quote from Bose321 :I use the MOMO Racing and the G25
But the G25 sucks, MOMO Rules!

U like the momo better? i used to own a momo, it was a great wheel and probrably felt better in your hand but the G25 i find better just for the extra features it has
VPP Wheel + Hyperreal Pedals (incl clutch). At the Moment I am waiting for the Hyperreal-Clutch-AddOn. ;-)
G25, allways Shifter, allways Manual Clutch.

<3
DF EX because no-one sold anything else where i live. Still works fine although the deadzones are a bit of a Pi** take
Using a G25. IMHO it´s NOT worth the price of 200 €. The shifter is a big joke and the wheel looks cheap. Better then my old DFP but I thought the G25 was better before I got it. Thinking about a ECCI 6000 GTS.

http://ecci6000.com/consumerhome.htm (around 1500 €)
#48 - Jakg
...the wheel looks cheap? it looks better than the Momo and feels *sublime* to use.

If you want to spend €1500 on a wheel with minimal improvement, however...
Yes, cheap. The material of the wheel itself is way too tiny. Hurt my left hand any times while tire heating. The shifters are sharp edged, too. DFP has definitiv a better quality of materials.
#50 - Jakg
The whewel on mine is a great size and the shifter on both of mind has been fine...

What wheel do you use?
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG