The online racing simulator
#26 - JJ72
I think this should be done in some point, but before that I would like to see smoother steering movement online....cos it does look rather odd onboard someone else's car.
In TDU, the shift arm id either laggy or too fast. If you get close to the redline, the arm moves to the shifter and stays there until you either give it gas or shift. And if you want to shift earlier, the arm takes forever to get there and shift. It's not perfect but it would add a nice touch.
#28 - wark
Quote from mrodgers :why in the world do you want to even see the driver and wheel when you are racing, let alone see the driver reaching and shifting the gears?

I, for one, prefer driving with mouse/kb over wheel/pedals. If I don't see the hands on the wheel out of the corner of my eye I don't have as good an idea of where the wheel's turned.
As a mouse driver, I display the wheel and driver. I don't get the feedback from the fb, or even the actual angle at which I'm turning, so displaying this gives me an idea of the angle of the wheels. You'd be surprised how different it is to drive with the mouse.

That said, I'm not totally sure this is useful. As mrodgers said, you most people wouldn't use it. I, for one, wouldn't mind seeing the driving shift, but I'd rather see other kind of changes made before this; it's not really needed to reach the point of the game, which is realism driving.
The majority of race cars these days use paddle shifters. But this would be a good idea for the road cars.
#31 - wark
Quote from BlackSheep720 :The majority of race cars these days use paddle shifters. But this would be a good idea for the road cars.

I certainly wouldn't use the word "majority." Besides, not even the majority of LFS race cars would use paddles.
A couple Ideas:
the turn signals don't work in single seaters. say your press the left turn signal button(7 by defalt) the driver's left arm sticks out. oposite for the right signal.
I don't know if the FOX and FO8 are paddle shift or stick shift. If they are stick shift. the driver pulls down on the shifter to shift up and pulls up for downshift (sequental style). in the BF1 the driver moves his middle finger towards the steering wheel and flicks the paddle and then puts his finger back on the wheel.
And about the horn in single seaters. If you honk the driver shows his middle finger

I hope you can read it.
Quote from T-6 TURBO :that maybe true but its realistic.... in real life u dont shift gears in .2 seconds....thats why i think the guy shifting the gear should be added

The DSG can shift in 8 milliseconds (0.008 sec) Though it isn't a "proper" manual transmission, a skilled driver using a H-gate can do it 500ms (.5 sec), so I'm sure someone like Sabine Schmitt or The Stig could do it in maybe 350ms.
Quote from Jamexing : the idea of the driver really shifting gears in view whilst you're driving was already very well implemented in NFS:Porsche Unleashed. What was remarkable was that it wasn't just a graphical showoff, it actually worked properly, with the shift done right after the guy stops moving his arm.

they even animated the horn If you press the horn button it actually moves the arm and hand to the center of the wheel
Quote from icyocean : i think i read something about it not being feasible because of the delay of gearshift (the animation needs time to complete and you have to shift earlier so that the driver in the game shifts at the right time)

yeah right, what a load of aunt fanny's frilly knickers ants:, where did you read this?, La La land
Quote from T-6 TURBO : If this is a simulator what do u guys think about the guy inside the car actually/ literally switching the gear stick/ gear shifter . Just like in real life and in the video game test drive unlimited.It would look and feel so much better if that was added If this was asked before plzz dont kill me over it, I just didnt feel like reading and searching for it

good idea
Quote from anttt69 :yeah right, what a load of aunt fanny's frilly knickers ants:, where did you read this?, La La land

i am sorry for my English if i worded my sentence wrong. i was just trying to say i remembered the delay of gearshift is a possible problem that had been brought up before. i was not being negative or anything, i also think an animation would be cool. i don't know if i offended anyone in my earlier post, but sorry if i did.
Quote from luftrofl :This has never been suggested before. Good thinking.

ᅟ   ᅟ   ᅟ   ᅟ   ᅟ   ᅟ   ᅟ

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG