The online racing simulator
Dual Sound Cards
(6 posts, started )
Dual Sound Cards
hey i have two sound cards on my lfs computer,

one inbuilt at the front (it's a laptop)
and a usb plug in one

the question is can i have quad speaker sound
and does lfs even offer quad sound
and will it tax my computer much (speed wise)
im pretty sure you can only use one at a time, but lfs only has stereo anyway.
#3 - Jakg
never heard of any game supporting dual output - couldn't you just plug a splitter into one jack and run 2 speakers of that?
#4 - P1lot
An application can only use one card at a time, as far as I know.

I have on-board and another internal soundcard. To choose which an appliction will use; right click on the speaker icon in the system tray and click on Adjust Audio Properties. On the Audio tab, select which sound card for playback, apply, then launch an application. You can then change which sound card for the next application.

This way it's possible to set up for Teamspeak/Ventrillo in your headphones, and LFS through your speakers, for example.
#5 - Jakg
i have two soundcards (onboard plus SoundBlaster Live!), and i have the default sounds go to speakers (because my headset is open and crappy), and teamspeak go to my headset (because irl you hear sounds through the radio with a little headphone), its a great solution and gives no feedback, but you need open headphones so you can hear LFS

It r0ckz0rz!

You can use 2 sound cards in one app (teamspeak will take input from one and output to another), but i dont think you can output the same stuff to both natively (althoguh there must be software to do this
#6 - Rokit
in mystudio i use 4 soundcards with 22 in and out each one so what you can do is the output of the firts card buy a converter that makes the out double wich means instead of a simple out it will be 2 outs one for the speakers one for the next card in and thats it i have pictures if u need tutorial or what ever

Dual Sound Cards
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG