The online racing simulator
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
I know Scawen you would like threw a hammer at me but untill there will be made some big optimalization to the 3d engine(not just LOD variables or similar thingy) to have some more FPS, having 32cars is very nice update but useless for most of the people because being at the end or almost at the end of the grid with 32cars you will have like 10-20 FPS with which is very hard to race from start and not causing any crashes.Just my opinion.

Otherway its very nice step forward.
works great until now. No hickups, a fair bit fps loss (xp3200+, 9800pro) , but no bugs here. Keep 'em coming, thanks a freaking lot!!!!!

greetz

der butz
Downloading!
A question re: qualifying sessions starting from the pits. Given that there are a limited number of pit stalls/boxes on some track configs, there can be a situation where there are more players in a session than there are available pit boxes. What happens in this case? Are some players locked out of the qualifying session until a pit box becomes available? Do several players start from the same pit box (possible collision problem here)? Will more pit boxes be added to these track configs?
-
(kamo2000) DELETED by kamo2000 : nothing interesting from me..sry
just got some OOS with W17 but was slow to note down the exact message:-(
My pit spotter doesn't work now!
Quote from BuddhaBing :A question re: qualifying sessions starting from the pits. Given that there are a limited number of pit stalls/boxes on some track configs, there can be a situation where there are more players in a session than there are available pit boxes. What happens in this case? Are some players locked out of the qualifying session until a pit box becomes available? Do several players start from the same pit box (possible collision problem here)? Will more pit boxes be added to these track configs?

They start from inside a garage, one issue is that there are inadequate garages. Maybe starting cars in the fast lane of the pit lane might work better, those that don't fit going in to garages.
#34 - XsX!
Quote from DEVIL 007 :I know Scawen you would like threw a hammer at me but untill there will be made some big optimalization to the 3d engine(not just LOD variables or similar thingy) to have some more FPS, having 32cars is very nice update but useless for most of the people because being at the end or almost at the end of the grid with 32cars you will have like 10-20 FPS with which is very hard to race from start and not causing any crashes.Just my opinion.

Otherway its very nice step forward.

tried the game with lots of player now..
it runs very nicely here,
have you ever tried other games with so much player?
gtr, rtractor, and all the others stutter really badly on my machine with 10+ players.
and i will not talk of netkar..
The code is really really well optimized as is. no doubt it can be optimized more, but as is, i think is a really goooood job
Quote from XsX! :The code is really really well optimized as is. no doubt it can be optimized more, but as is, i think is a really goooood job

I agree... you gotta dump those Ge Force 2 MX cards some day
Hey Boris!

Hmmm...nice changes there Scawen. I wonder if my P4 2.6 & Radeon 9800 will do alright.
Quote from Scawen :
Removed digital speedo option from view options

Ouch, that's a shame really, I grew kind of fond of that option. Though I prefer the digital Victoria's Secret anyway.

On a serious note, this sounds great! I have to wait a week or so though.. I don't think it's a good thing shoving all of this bandwidth (32 cars!) through my 240k wireless connection...
Attached images
zpeedoo.jpg
BUG: Reset after Crash brings you a total refreshed car
Hi There!

As this is the first time I report a bug, i'm not quite sure, if it is not a feature ;-) ... let's see

After creating some serious damage to the tires and suspension by accidently hitting the curbs and pushing the revs to its limits (FXR, AS National in my case) I finally made it to the sand in last corner. By resetting the car (which was actually lying upside down) pushing SPACE I got totally fresh tires and the damage also disappeared...

I don't know, if this is intentional - it's nice for newbees, but *notfair* for experienced drivers...

By the way I want to propose a tiny improvement: Isn't it possible to not just change the color from light red to dark red, if some other racer is a lap or more behind. My propose is to show also the laps (i.e. '+1 Lap') between you and other driver forth or behind rather than just show the time gaps to drivers in the same lap as you are.

Keep on Racing

corsair_bs
www.autohochzwei.de
Quote from (SaM) :
Quote from Scawen :Removed digital speedo option from view options

Ouch, that's a shame really, I grew kind of fond of that option. Though I prefer the digital Victoria's Secret anyway.

Waahhh, I thought the digital speedo was removed completely.. luckily the setting it only moved to the display menu... phew!
regarding the damage and tires its a feature.
There are now to possibilities:
"arcade" - so everything is reseted
"simulation" - nothing is reseted as well when you flip the car its not reseted.

There was already suggestion to incluide the middle option as was before that only car position reset so you can still continue with damage
#42 - ste_
Whilst 32 players is pretty awesome, it does mean that it's harder to connect to such servers (more players (dis)connecting which stops you joining), it's harder to join from pits or spec mode (same deal) and also harder to get a majority vote to restart a race (more people to leave the race, so more can join and of course the voting gets cancelled when a new player joins). I wonder if anything can be done to improve matters here.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :regarding the damage and tires its a feature.
"simulation" - nothing is reseted as well when you flip the car its not reseted.

There was already suggestion to incluide the middle option as was before that only car position reset so you can still continue with damage

And I still believe this mid option is needed because there are some people who don't bother with boring realistic stuff :P
Quote from N I K I :My pit spotter doesn't work now!

As do pretty much all addons. I use Beckys LFS companion and sadly this one also does not work anymore. Must be the new insim.
Hmmm, this is kind of annoying to me... :-(

The main advantage of LFS was that it is NOT an arcade-like game, that allows you to hit obstacles without getting any damage and pushing some marvelous buttons that resets everything (i wish i had one of those in the real life, sometimes).

Will the arcade option be turned off by defaukt on multiplayer servers, then?

greets from germany,

corsair_bs
Quote from (SaM) :Ouch, that's a shame really, I grew kind of fond of that option. Though I prefer the digital Victoria's Secret anyway.

On a serious note, this sounds great! I have to wait a week or so though.. I don't think it's a good thing shoving all of this bandwidth (32 cars!) through my 240k wireless connection...

no wonder
Quote from DEVIL 007 :regarding the damage and tires its a feature.

A middle option would really be appreciated, I was racing with the mrt and got stuck facing a wall, with no reverse I was forced to exit the race
Quote from Lotesdelere :And I still believe this mid option is needed because there are some people who don't bother with boring realistic stuff :P

That is why there shouldn't me a mid-option. Sometimes you just have to force these kind of hardcore sim options.. LFS is a hardcore sim, so the only mode is the hardcore mode (or the totally stupid arcade mode )

No that I made a post about resetting I might as well continue on. There is still a way to get reseted if the canraset is set to off. That is when you fly out of the track, you get autoreseted back to the track. This could be also removed when the canreset is off. Make cars that fly off the track spectate or something.
very nice scawen! holy cow patch X will be awesome!
Quote from DANDAMAN05 :very nice scawen! holy cow patch X will be awesome!

Right on Brudda!

Brilliant patch Scawen, 32 players is just awesome on Mid-length tracks like FE Gold. Thanks!
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG