The online racing simulator
Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
If you had read the changelog, you'd have seen that InSim underwent quite a few changes. This means that pretty much ALL existing InSim plugins are broken with the new patch, pitspotter included. Either stop using that plugin for now, or revert back to patch W
Start lights / reaction time
Any chance we could have a display of start reaction time in the post-race results.

cheers for the patch guys, pretty damn good (and bug free for me!)
Quote from Theafro :Any chance we could have a display of start reaction time in the post-race results.

cheers for the patch guys, pretty damn good (and bug free for me!)

I don't think that is really needed. I am sure someone is making a script for servers (like the 0-60 one) online. No need for feature requests
Quote from AndroidXP :If you had read the changelog, you'd have seen that InSim underwent quite a few changes. This means that pretty much ALL existing InSim plugins are broken with the new patch, pitspotter included. Either stop using that plugin for now, or revert back to patch W

I hope it doesn't happen again! (at least I can have fun in LFStweak :razz lol
Patch W - upload related bug
Hello

I don't know if this bug is related to Patch W only, or if it has been fixed in future patches, but I'll post anyway.

Scenario: By accident I've forgotten to stop utorrent which is maxing out my 128 kilobits/sec upload (10-15 kb/s). Not downloading anything at this stage. Fire up LFS --> Multiplayer --> Display List of Games --> let the server list show up, press back twice, then an application error (screenshot attached).

This is reproducible everytime I'm uploading. This error can be avoided by not uploading, I'm not saying that I want to upload and LFS at the same time lol (think of the the lag ingame xD) but just thought that it might warrant some looking at.

edit: noticed that it has happened again, same 'instruction' but different 'referenced memory' : 0x02e66378, had "Closing 2 connects in the background'
Attached images
upload.JPG
Need help with server. Trying to start W17 servers and keep getting this error message Out of bounds Maxguests
Any Ideas lads
Max racers and max guests are set at default in the config which is 32 and 48
maxguests default is not 48. There are only 48 connection slots, of which one is the server, so that leaves 47 guests max.

There's no way I could put that as default, you need one monster server to upload that kind of bandwidth.
how many cars are allowed on autocross layouts? plz
BUG: I don't know if it was said already but the cars in the map are very bad to see when the map is at the right side cause of the blue sky and the yellow and green markers.

The option to move the mirror is in Y at 0 and that means the mirror is not at the top of the screen. I don't like to use virtuall cause then I have two there. Just a little change that I can move the mirror up to the top would be great.
Tomylee, the first one is not a bug. If you read the new features section you'll see that if you go to Options>Display>Interface (the button at the low right hand corner) now you can CUSTOMIZE all colors of the mini map.

The 2nd one is a request/Improvement suggestion and although it's a good one, this thread isn't for this purpose
No suggestions allowed in the test patches topics and forum cause admin will close this section down till theres a new test patch.
Dunno if this has been reported. But about the false start system.

I tried this with AI. Basically when I do a false start, I pit, then wait until the green light goes on and then unpit. Basically, not on all tracks, but you can gain first position by doing this. I tried this on fern bay gold rev, and it's possible.

I don't know if you understood me.
Quote from mixer13134 :Dunno if this has been reported. But about the false start system.

I tried this with AI. Basically when I do a false start, I pit, then wait until the green light goes on and then unpit. Basically, not on all tracks, but you can gain first position by doing this. I tried this on fern bay gold rev, and it's possible.

I don't know if you understood me.

Yeh, but online you cant do this. There is a counter of 10 seconds that disallows you to start from the pits at the same time the race starts. This used to be a problem, people would pit before the race started, and pit out once it did. Some tracks you would be able to lead into T1 by doing this.

The false start system needs to be refined for sure. If there is lag, a driver that jumps behind you can drive all the way into the person infront of them, causing that person to also false start.

The false start system needs to be a client side thing, and not a server based. This way, lag will not effect you getting penalized for jumping the start.

I also feel that if you get a false start and are sent to pits, there should be an automatic 20 second timer on the join button. That way, you cant pit and join back in the race in order to releive your penalty.

Hope i didnt cause too much clutter, shawen
Didn't see a mention of this anywhere, but should the /pit_all command OOS the replay? That happened to me while testing if my computer could handle 20 AI cars in singleplayer (it didn't btw ).

Here's the corrupted replay.

Edit: and then I do a better search and see that the same problem was mentioned http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=405056#post405056 <- there, and the reason was explained http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=405202#post405202 <- here.

Delete this if needed
Attached files
FE2.spr - 1.2 MB - 231 views
well, I don't know if this is reportet yet, but when I false start and hit another car, this is also penalysed for false start - sure it does so, but its a bit unfair. Maybe its possible to not give him a penalty when he's on full brake (and not on throttle) and immediately get the false starter to spectate when he hits another car. I tried this just in single player and don't wanna do it in MP, but should be the same there
in MP you are send to spec before you can reach another car
When will Victor be updating the Insim Relay on LFSW to accept the changes to Insim? At the moment when running my Dedicated server on W17, JUST connecting to the relay I am getting the 'First packet does not match' error.
#268 - dev
Quote from GeForz :in MP you are send to spec before you can reach another car

Sometimes when there are a lot of racers, you can bump the car infront... but thats due to lag...
Quote from dev :Sometimes when there are a lot of racers, you can bump the car infront... but thats due to lag...

Do you have a replay showing this? So far, nobody else I've talked to has been able to hit another car because they are spectated before they can touch.
On some servers false starters get a stop&go p. only, that means it is possible to ram the car in front.
Quote from ussbeethoven :On some servers false starters get a stop&go p. only, that means it is possible to ram the car in front.

Thats not true, stop&go p. give it when it is to late to achieve the car in front because the time to the green light is not enough.
EDITED:useless post
Possible bug in Blackwood track
I know it's not related to the test-patches, since is there for a long period, but I never had a replay to show it. Now I have one. The problem is in the last corner before you drive up to the main straight. If you hit the curb on the inside and bounces back on the track, suddenly your cars is "grabbed" and stuck to the track. (See replay, second lap, car "[R-R] Yisc[NL]". Hopefully something can be done to it, since it ruins the race after just a small mistake.
Attached files
050507.mpr - 1.1 MB - 294 views
Not new to these test patches, has been like that since S2 was released last year, perhaps even longer. Its annoying, but funny too.
A small glitch that I found completely by accident last night while drag racing...if you pull a false start, although you get a 30 sec penalty, you can STILL get the actual time as a new pb... example...previous pb was 9.03 secs.. but with a false start I now have a registered pb of 8.60 secs...

I think that only the NET time (time+penalty) should count for pb's.
This thread is closed

Incompatible TEST W17 - 32 Cars
(341 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG