The online racing simulator
Server Status= OFF LINE?
(10 posts, started )
Server Status= OFF LINE?
Hey, I been trying for the past hour to setup a server threw the Dedicated Server program. I am stuck at actually turning it ONLINE. I been searchin the forums and google, but no luck. can anyone tell me how to change the Status?

Thanks.
moved to technical assistance.

it is probably however due to the port. try changing to a different port number.
how do i know which port?
well i tried turning off my firewall and it still dont work. I dont have a router either. so what could it be?
it has happened where there was something wrong with the install. so i would recommend downloading and putting in a different directory another LFS to see if that might fix the problem.
tried it. still not working. is there a command or something to turn Status ON? :weeping::tired:
theres this for InSim

// optional: InSim port
/insim=29999

And theres this for the port number...

// a high number below 65536
/port=63392

I had that problem typed it into the server box and it worked and btw those are also in your setup.cfg

but idk if that will help or not..
#9 - SamH
Just so you know, if you're starting your own server, you *won't* see it in the internet server connections list. To you, it's a LAN game. To everyone else it's an internet server. This is the case even if it's a dedi server, and even if it's a dedi server on another computer at your house.. if it's a server using the same internet connection as you are, then to you it's a LAN game.

Start your server up, and let us know. We'll go and see if we can see it.
If you tell LFS to use the master server, but it can't see it, you'll never get the server to tell you it's online. This could be due to a firewall, or other things. Make sure you're using PATCH W dedicated server (if you're using older versions (0.5V or previous), they may not try to talk to the master on the correct address. If you want to use an older version then please let us know), and ensure that your firewall is allowing it out. If you're sure it is, you may wish to try changing the "Master Server Port" in cfg.txt to 8080. This is the ONLY other alternative port that the master runs on.

LFS and the master doesnt do a talk back test (last time I checked). What this means is that it will only tell you it's offline if itself cannot talk to the master.

If you don't tell LFS to use the master and it says it's offline, it will usually pop up a warning or error of some form.

SamH's point, whilst generally correct isn't always true.

Server Status= OFF LINE?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG