The online racing simulator
Needing to join clean respectable racing servers/leagues
Well i misewell introduce my self as i'm fairly new to to thr forums, well this being my first post. I started playing the LFS demo around March 29-30th or so when i was refered by a good friend who insisted this was a great Sim.

To make a long story short i was quickly addicted to LFS. I've been searching for a racing sim of this quality and enjoyment for all my gaming years, and finally there it was.

Now before even playing LFS online when i purchased S1/2, was to study and learn every single rule and clean racing guide/post to make sure i knew exactly what i was doing so that i wouldn't lose respect of my fellow racers, and so that i could gain the respect of the people that play this Sim. I always pull to the side when blue flags show, i allow people to pass me if they're in a further/better position then i am, i obey the pit rules, infact nothing is more important then being a clean Racer.

So i'd really like to join a Racing Team that's involved in active clean racing. I spend 90% of my time learning every track and car until i'm within atleast 5-7 seconds of the world records, then from there i fine tune my set ups, watch other replays while trying to perfect my skill.

Sorry for the rant, but i've been very unlucky lately as to join way to many servers where it seems theres an overload of wreckers and careless drivers with no respect for the other racers, which has became frusterating. So if any Teams are interested in a some what experianced player that is constantly working to better his skills with a group of respectable Folks, well send me a PM or email at [email protected] .

I'm looking to get into an active racing team/league as soon as possible. I'm focusing on the S1 cars atm, so thats kind of what i prefer atm, but anything will do, thanks for reading my long post lol.
Hi! :wave2:

If you want to join a team, the best thing to do is to get out there online and hang around in a few of your favourite servers, get to know people, and you'll at some point be invited to join a team. I think it's better to do it this way because then you'll know that you'll have a good time with those guys (there are a dozen teams I'd be happy joining if I had the time for a team, but only half a dozen of them have actually invited me - bastards!).

As for servers... Busy servers are always going to be a little bit rough - get 20 cars on a grid and lap one will always be more about body language and keeping your nose clean than it is about racing. The STCC servers are good, as are any well-admined servers. I tend to find myself in the Old Men Racing server a lot, and the [noobs] servers whenever they're online. dSRC usually run their servers well too, but I don't see those guys around much any more.

Glad to hear you're busy with the S1 cars. They aren't that popular online because they're the most difficult to drive (people seem to prefer the weedier Formula car, the big GTRs and the FWDs) but they definitely make a better driver out of you. Old Men Racing often run the LX cars, XRT and so on, so look out for them, but their server is currently running the new "test" patch W10 so you'd have to install that if you wanted to visit them.

I forgot leagues: The Original LFS League is probably your best bet. They run several "pools" of racers of varying abilities, so you will always be racing against people of about your level. Most of the other leagues are dominated by insanely fast drivers and you'd need to be lapping around 1-2 seconds off WR pace to keep up in those leagues.
thenameistaken pretty much said all the things that I wanna say

Yep, really glad to hear a newbie working hard for clean racing, it's not easy like learning to brake in T1, leaving room while battling, etc.

For teams, if you are a serious racer, or you wanna be one. Practice more and get a decent stats in your lfsworld.net. So when the time you're gonna join a team, people will look into your stats and determine if you are fast enough or not. Serious teams mostly only do invitation only. Therefore, when you have developed your speed and clean racing style, approach your target team by joining their IRC channel, forum and server. Get to familiar with them and let them know that you are interested and you do have the requirement that they need.
i agree with kev here, the way to join a team is to hang around them and to be a clean guy, there are some good clean races sometimes but they can be hard to find, after a while you get to know who is clean and who isnt aswell as wich servers to go to get some fun online.
Yeah I am basically king of advice. :crown:

One thing I forgot to say, explicitly at least: Go online! Seriously. It's good that you decided to lap offline until you were happy with the cars, but nothign compares to practicing online with other humans. You will learn the fast techniques much quicker, and learn to race amongst other drivers safely. Don't worry if you make a few embarrassing mistakes - we all do it.
#6 - ajp71
TBH you've been racing less than a month and have only driven 450 miles online. Before you commit to a team you need to build up experience, find the right servers for you and develop some race craft. You'll soon find you get invites to teams, I've personally never wanted to accept any of them up to now because I know I can't give much in the way of commitment and I'm not that fast either. I certainly hope teams don't pick invites based on stats (well clearly not all do ) as your ability to race cleanly, reliability and sense of humour are all far more important than stats which can easily be distorted by oval racers and sad people who like having 1 lap races on short tracks with just enough racers on the server to count wins, mentioning no names
Quote from thisnameistaken :.... dSRC usually run their servers well too,

Thanks kev!

Quote from thisnameistaken :but I don't see those guys around much any more.

There are usually at least two or three of us online at just about anytime of day, maybe not on our own servers unless there is something specific planned, but we tend to spread out a bit over numerous other servers too...usually a couple of us in STCC or the Carribean Cruise, we have also been known to frequent DMR or FRH sometimes too...seek and thee shalt find, young Kev
Thx for the info as i haven't been online much in the past few days, but i'm definately gonna get on and race online rather then off during the weekend.

I realize i don't have many miles online yet, but i'lll get to that apsect as soon as i feel i actually have a chance against the hardcore seasoned veterans

My number 1 goal is working my way up within the STCC ranks/licenses, but i'll try to find other servers that are mainly running S1 Cars as well. In the meantime, i'll be practicing like a drone.

Thx for the advice and i'll keep doing my best in terms of being a clean respected Racer.
well im newish aswell with a good driving technique , if ya wanna learn some tricks about
-how to tune your car

- good braking

- perfect launchs

etc just pm me and we arrange something

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG