The online racing simulator
Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
One Bug in W10:

Not sure if this was a freak occurance as I haven't tried to reproduce yet...

Was driving happily with Momo wheel, and decided to restart race as I talking on Ventrillo (With Push-To-Talk button held in - Left Control key), race restarted and controllers would not function in game, no axis or button presses were detected, minimised game, checked windows control panel, wheel still worked, so went back to game, reinitialised controllers, but still nothing... I restarted LFS and controller was working perfectly again

Will try and reproduce again tonight....

I also haven't tried this with any other version...
Quote from Lotesdelere :I've noticed the same but I believe it's not related to W10 only:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=15717

You could well be right as i havent been driving any cars with a speed limiter for quite a while, probably not since V

I will test tonight (ive got a W patch ver still)

UPDATE:

Problem is in W also, unfortunatly i dont have a V version, but i drove the FOX lots then and cant remember have any probs.

Simon
Quote from Lotesdelere :I've noticed the same but I believe it's not related to W10 only:
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=15717

I also have had issues with sticking keys, only when using the keyboard setup.
I first thought it was my batteries in the wireless keyboard, so swapped them. But still happened then i deleted my current settings/control options but it still occurs.

The Problem:
When shifting from N to 1st at any start of a race(new false start system), i will sometimes need to hit gear up 2 times before it will actually change. So sometimes i will need to hit it twice and the car behind has already taken off and hit me . Probably happens every 3-4rd start.

This has also happened with the pit speed limiter L "default key" with the same issue/effect. Need to hit it a second time before the limiter is off.

I don’t believe it to be a keyboard issue as all the other keys, throttle, brake, rear view ect have not had an issue.

Also Scawen i remember a while back with a previous test patch there was an issue with the invalid key sound during races and general game play. Well it seems to have come back with the newest test patches. At the moment it seems to be completely random, sometimes going down the straight with only up arrow pushed. To sometimes when changing gear, turning, braking at the same time ect.

If you would like me to test or check anything please let me know.

I am a keyboard racer at the moment so i am not sure if its related to the keyboard at all..

System specs: Core 2 6600, 2gb ram, 7900GT 512MB ram. Win XP SP2

Regards,
Paul
Previous track's layouts stick
The other day I was connected as an admin to a non-dedicated server. Made a new layout from scratch, before ending the session I decided to save it using the save layout button via shift+u menu.
After changing track I could only see the layouts (load layout menu and save changes menu) from the previous track, obviously placing objects still worked as normal. I should maybe have tried to load one of those other track's layouts to see what happens, but I suspect it's easily reproduceable.

e: W10
Helo racers,

I wonder why on patch W10, in a monotype server (for example only FXO available) its not posible to have no handicap? If its posible in Hotlap, why its not possible online? Eventualy, why the admin server is not allowed to set himself the handicap for the cars? I think its strange to have a wr than u cant beat online and only on HL.

Sorry if i had bad undestand and if say some crazy things ^^
Quote from Worm :I wonder why on patch W10, in a monotype server (for example only FXO available) its not posible to have no handicap? If its posible in Hotlap, why its not possible online? Eventualy, why the admin server is not allowed to set himself the handicap for the cars? I think its strange to have a wr than u cant beat online and only on HL.

Handicaps imposed by master server are temporary, will be kept only until class are balanced.
Dunno if this is patch W10 bug or not, but i'll post it here anyway.

Ok my LFS was unlocked to S2. I locked it to try a thing. When I went to single player mode, I still had FXO and Fern Bay selected. I chose XRT and joined the race and.... I could race on FE with demo license.
It's not a big problem I guess, but it was worth mentioning... I hope.:P
I think that happened to me before W10, maybe even before V, so it's not a new bug.
But i'm not 100% sure.
Pit limiter button broblem herre also...with momo wheel
Mixer- That's not really a problem as when you selected Fern Bay, you were unlocked. So a demo user couldn't select FB in the first place.
Quote from TiJay :Mixer- That's not really a problem as when you selected Fern Bay, you were unlocked. So a demo user couldn't select FB in the first place.

but the information about last track/car is stored somewhere and could be edited (if someone finds out where and how - shouldn't be that hard, becouse u can choose more then one track/car in demo)
Quote from Dumpy :If you don't have time to read, you don't have time to post.

That's been brought up several times - it's working as intended.

I'm just trying to help. don't be a dick...
Small (few pixels) F9 and F10 overlay issue
The left F9/10 box seems to be few pixels off and you can see a small gap between the box and the end of the screen which shouldn't be there and can't be see on the right side. Very small, but I know you like things to be perfect :P

Picture attached to show what I mean (the black edges were added to simulate the edges of a monitor and make the gap easier to see).
Attached images
Image4.jpg
Quote from Blackout :...

That's caused by driver enforced AntiAliasing (afaik). I also see that happen in other games.
Is it? Why does it show on the left only? :S
Guess it the pixels just happen distrubute the same then and it shows there..hard to explain. Would make sense though I guess. I'll test without AA.
Because of the way antialiasing works. I cannot explain that in detail, but imagine it's like the image being smudged/blurred to the lower right by one pixel (you would also see it on top).
Yeah. I think I remember how it works, just didn't happen to think about AA settings as they are always on anyway and things look horrid without. Kinda like the old boxes more where you can't have a glitch like this.
Quote from hackerx :Also, if you already have 30 or 45 sec time penalty from false start, then you can't get it for speeding in pitlane. In case of 45 sec penalty nothing happens, and if you have 30 already, can drive up to 100 kmh. That noticed in single player.

This maybe is improvement suggestion (sorry then ), but shouldn't penalties add up? That is, if you have already drive through, and then get another, it would turn into stop&go, if have stop & go already and get another, should stop for longer etc.

I think it's ok - if you get a 30 second penalty for a false start, then on your next lap you come round and by speeding in the pitlane again, although it looks like nothing happens, your validated drive through has been invalidated - you will still have a drive through penalty when you leave the pit lane.
Quote from Scawen :I think it's ok - if you get a 30 second penalty for a false start, then on your next lap you come round and by speeding in the pitlane again, although it looks like nothing happens, your validated drive through has been invalidated - you will still have a drive through penalty when you leave the pit lane.

Hmmm... I still have drive through if I got 30 sec penalty in first place? Kinda doesn't add up.

Anyway, thought about it again looking at InSim, now we have time penalties carved into stone as 30/45 seconds everywhere (translations, InSim, etc.), but wouldn't do any harm to have penalties more flexible, and possibly configurable? Like have 2 types of penalty, time & pitlane. Time penalty could be any number of seconds (in reasonable limits of course, one byte enough), and pitlane penalty would also have time value (possibly same byte?) - the time to stop. If that's zero, then it's drive through, otherwise stop'n'go.
no one is playing with this patch... only 20 ppl or so.

is everyone in the last patch?
Why would everyone regularly drive the test patch? The test patch is for testing, it's not supposed to replace your regular LFS install, especially in this case when it's compatible.
When race length is set in hours, there is time penalty for false-start instead of drive-trough and stop-and-go.
Quote from hackerx :Hmmm... I still have drive through if I got 30 sec penalty in first place? Kinda doesn't add up.

Ok, either you're missing something or I'm missing something

I'm saying, you get a drive through penalty for false start, so you come round and do your drive through penalty.

If you drive at 79 km/h, no problem, drive through penalty is cleared.
If you drive at 81 km/h, that's bad, your penalty is not cleared, you must do another drive through.

So it seems ok to me - unless I'm not thinking of another situation where it can go wrong.

Quote from Fox 2 :When race length is set in hours, there is time penalty for false-start instead of drive-trough and stop-and-go.

Thanks, that's a new one, now fixed.

Also fixed a lot of other bugs reported on this thread.

Update coming soon, I hope!
Quote from Bob Smith :Why would everyone regularly drive the test patch? The test patch is for testing, it's not supposed to replace your regular LFS install, especially in this case when it's compatible.

you make it sound like i was complaining.

anyway, too few ppl to test the new features (28ppl races).
With 12 ppl i didn't found any wrong... seems to be ok
This thread is closed

Incompatible **TEST** Patch W10
(205 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG