1 Hour Races
30 Minute Races
Over 1 Hour Races
Yes I will Definately Sign Up
Monthly Races
Regular One Off Events
No I won't Sign Up
FO8 Racing League
Gentlefoot is considering launching a new league exclusively for the FO8 or possibly dual Formula with the FOX. Format to be decided. The launch will come after patch X is released. This will mean the potential for 28 grid slots!

Please vote in the poll the format you would be most interested in. Any additional comments/suggestions would be most welcome.

MODS: Sorry - just noticed this is in the wrong Forum. Any chance it can be moved to Leagues and Events? Sorry.
Where do I sign up??

Do you mean FO8 and FOX on same grid, like a single seater Le Mans style multi-class race? That would be interesting on a 28 man grid.

I would also go for races over 1 hour. Anything under one hour and two things happen:

1) There is less patience amongst racers leading to public server style "optimistic" attempts to pass. Long races seem to help this, as would disallowing shift-s and reset.

2) Under 60 minutes and there is no strategy - it is no stops. Over the hour mark and depending on the track, the tyre usage and pit lane length mean that 1 stop or no stop can be used.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Where do I sign up??

Do you mean FO8 and FOX on same grid, like a single seater Le Mans style multi-class race? That would be interesting on a 28 man grid.

I would also go for races over 1 hour. Anything under one hour and two things happen:

1) There is less patience amongst racers leading to public server style "optimistic" attempts to pass. Long races seem to help this, as would disallowing shift-s and reset.

2) Under 60 minutes and there is no strategy - it is no stops. Over the hour mark and depending on the track, the tyre usage and pit lane length mean that 1 stop or no stop can be used.

Yep - FO8 and FOX on same grid Le Mans style - exactly

Some good points there Stormy - most welcomed.
started in the FOX league with the CRC before it collapsed due to poor turn out (I was there for all races till the end) and was really enjoying the open wheeled racing. Rules on overtaking must be adheared to in these cars as any kind of contact can be race ending
I voted FO8 only, Fortnightly 1 hour races(though i'd be happy to race over an hour) and yes, I would definitely sign up today..without hesitation
#6 - FL!P
I checked both single class and dual class, as I woud be interested in both. Given a choice between those two, though, I think I'd chose dual.

Good points raised by Storm. I agree with him so I voted for "over 1 hour races". Not sure what you mean exactly with "league system", but I checked that too, assuming it meant championships with precise rules.

Where do I sign up?
Gentlefoot, the League Of The Americas just finished it's second FO8 season, and I have one suggestion for you: DO NOT CHOOSE Fern Bay Green!

Other than that, try to choose wide open tracks that provide for plenty of maneuvering room due to the aero-push you get with the FO8.
Quote from banshee56 :Gentlefoot, the League Of The Americas just finished it's second FO8 season, and I have one suggestion for you: DO NOT CHOOSE Fern Bay Green!

Other than that, try to choose wide open tracks that provide for plenty of maneuvering room due to the aero-push you get with the FO8.

Thanks for the advice dude. I was planning on concentrating on very "suitable" tracks
i think a mixed grid of one hour races would be amazing and i will definatly be takin part if that is the case
would love an FO8 only league and over 1 hour races would be good as you get proper races in them that arent spoilt by impatient b*st*rds!! and it will give a chance for strategy to play a part as well.

i only voted 'i might sign up' because it depends on where i am and what im doing at the time... as a uni student im moving around a lot atm and nothing is certain for more than a few months.... otherwise i am definitely up for this league
Quote from Gentlefoot :Thanks for the advice dude. I was planning on concentrating on very "suitable" tracks

I hope that doesn't mean you are ruling out South City - just not Classic! One of the most enjoyable OWRL races I have had so far is SO Town and I was stuck behind someone for 30 laps - loved it.
Quote from Storm_Cloud :I hope that doesn't mean you are ruling out South City - just not Classic! One of the most enjoyable OWRL races I have had so far is SO Town and I was stuck behind someone for 30 laps - loved it.

hmmm - maybe towards the end of the season when everyone has their hand in.
I'm certainly interested in for it, just depends what days you are willing to do?
Quote from BigDave2967 :I'm certainly interested in for it, just depends what days you are willing to do?

Once I've decided the format I will request people to enlist as a provisional entry. All those people who enter will then be polled as to which day/time the events will take place. That way we maximise entries. Then everyone on the provisional list will be able to decide to put in a formal entry to the competition depending on the day of racing.
OK the poll seems to have run it's course so this is the format I propose.

Dual FOX and FO8 entries (14 entries per race in each class);

Overall Championship rank and separate FOX and FO8 ranks;

Championship entries unlimited;

1st come first served basis for event entry with reserve list;

12 Events (1 season) held fortnightly;

Races approx 75mins in length (pit stop will be required at most circuits);

League system and points for each event;

Entrants will be able to drop their two lowest scores so they can miss up to two races per season without losing points;

Independent judicial system for decisions and appeals;

Warnings, penalties and possible bans for bad driving;

Approx Start Date: May/June 07 or when patch X is released.

Schedule of events to follow along with detailed rules, guidance and grievance procedures. One trial event will be held prior to the start of the season to allow rules and procedures to be clarified and set in stone ready for season 1.

Please sign up for the provisional entry list (by confirming your entry in this thread) and you will be eligible for voting rights to decide the time and day for the events. Please state what car you wish to drive. If everyone says FO8 then the mixed grid idea will have to bite the dust.

Ofcourse if I recieve less than 30 entries the championship will be abandoned.

So hope I get lots of sign ups

Current Entrants:

Gentlefoot (FOX) GB
Storm_Cloud (FO8) GB
FL!P (FO8) FRA
Dr Dink (FOX) GB
ELR AndyGer (FO8) GER
kdempsey (FO8) IRL
nikimere (FO8) IRL
Davo (FO8) AUS
BurnOut69 (FO8) ESP
BigDave2967 (FO8) GB
Toothy (FOX) GB
ChristijaNL (FO8) NL
The Moose (FO8) GB
Gopher04 (FOX) GB
Solidum[NL] (FO8) NL
tombarlin (FO8) GB
starblue (FOX) ITA
robt (FOX) GB
Moo.Looney (FOX) ENG
racer_hero (FOX) CAN
ATC Bandit (FOX) GB
zeugnimod (FOX) GER
andy_bonjon (FO8) GB
[DBP] Stoney (FOX) GB
CELTIC100 (FOX) WAL
K.David (FO8) HUN
sly_guy (FOX) GB
kiethano (FOX) POR
Dygear (FO8) USA
Ian Maslen (FOX) GB
ajp71 (FO8) GB
Gabkicks (FO8) USA
Redline Blade (FOX) GB
TeTE (FO8) ESP
count.bazley (FOX) GB
Juiceman (FOX) USA
Keiran (FO8) SCO
Garph (FO8) GB
Adam5k1 (FO8) GB
Nick A (FOX) GB
nigelpm (FOX) GB
ted209 (FOX) GB
DonTob (FOX) GER
audimasta (FO8) NOR
I wish to enter, nay, I DEMAND entry.
#17 - FL!P
Sounds great, GF. Count me in.
sign me up as a back marker he he , Im in for the FOX
I would also like to book a provisional entry for ELR Andy (GER) as I'm sure he will be well up for this.
kdempsey
Hi,

I would also like to join this if there is any spaces available??

I'll be in F08!!!
Count me in too! But please don't mix the grids!
28 F08 would be bloody amazing!!

I'll be in an F08... obviously
#22 - Davo
Signing up and requesting an FO8.

btw why hasn't this been moved to leagues yet?
Quote from Davo :Signing up and requesting an FO8.

btw why hasn't this been moved to leagues yet?

Consider it done.

Nope - no mods have read the thread I guess.
Andy and I will be FO8 entrants
I'm in too - FO8 please

FO8 Racing League
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG