The online racing simulator
Wheels not turning?
(6 posts, started )
Wheels not turning?
i noticed in LFS a turning wheel does not interact with another wheel like it should. for example when two open-wheeler bang their wheels they do not get thrown up in the air like in RL. it's not realistic and i hope it get fixed in the next incompatible patch
you have any idea how complex collision dynamics between spinning objects are? Surely it's not all that simple
#3 - Dru
yup that would cause spikes on most systems with all those calculations to be performed in a split second... think of what happens just as 20 cars pull away from the lights is bad enuff for some users...
As with everything like this it would be good to have it as this is a simulator but there is a limit of how much 'real life' you can simulate taking into consideration everything of this being a game.
GPL managed this in 1998 Okay, it was not all based on physics calculations like people would think it should be in LFS, but it had the same effect. I think it could be included with a very simple calculation, just take the wheel speeds and the force with which the tires make contact to figure out the forces involved in the collision.
I remember in Toca Touring on ps1, hitting wheels in the open wheelers set the car flying.

Wheels not turning?
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG