The online racing simulator
Just got S2? Don't know where to start? check here for cool servers!
(Made this topic because I found some servers of intrest anyone would have fun on)
First thing is first lets go over some good servers.
Now granted you will want to read the rules for every server because alot of em have rules aginst wrecking,swearing,ect.

1.STCC. If your looking for some good ol' racing I highly sugest going to STCC's servers. If you don't know STCC stands for Sim Touring Car Cup. Now granted because your new you won't be able to race the fast cars in it untill you get atleast a bronze license. Best start is going to STCC1a or STCC1b. 1a has the XFG and the XRG while 1b has the UF1 (think minicooper with additude).

2.Carribean Cruise by CLC.This is almost like [TC]'s Citydriving only you have a more realistic feel to it. In this server you earn cash by driving around and the more cash you have, the more cars you can buy. Same rules apply here though like in [TC], Drive like you would in real life, don't ram cops, and hope to god no one wrecks you.

3.Redline Racing. Now if you like Single-Seater racing or just have an urge to go over 100 without being arrested then I sugest you come here. You get to race the FOX. (No you don't ride an actual fox but rather a Formula Renault clone.) Racing here has its rules also (No swearing, wrecking, wrongway driving, ect.) but if you follow the rules you will 99.9% of the time have a blast racing here!

4.[CD]ConeDodgersRacing. You want fast? These guys have fast. In these servers you drive the GTR cars. Remeber your humble XRT,FXO and FZ5? Well in this server you drive their meanier,and faster, brothers in arms the XRR, FXR and the FZR. Racing here is VERY fast so caution when your coming out of pits, otherwise risk being boradsided at 130 MPH . Also please abide by all rules in place (Blue flag means if a faster car is coming behind you ,don't swerve off road, but move over to let them pass).

5.(FM)Oval Junkies. These servers have the fastest of the fast cars in LFS:The BMW Sauber (AKA the BF1). Racing in these servers will almost always go over 200 MPH (Heck you can average 346 K/ph around the oval!) just make sure you have a good set (default ones are good for learning). If you ask me this is for those who like NASCAR, not for stock car racing, but going around in a big circle. As Tristan said "The oval won't teach any good habits for newbies." and hes right. So learn how to drive in other servers lol.

6.UKCT Servers. These servers are almost like redline (uses fast cars). No personal experience with these servers as of yet. Will update soon.

7.Land Of The Free Racing |||LOTF Servers. From my experience so far this is a great racing server. While on one server they had GTR cars on and it was a blast racing! I reccomend here also because its not just oval.

Alright now for some usally not known servers.

1. AV MEX Racing Center. This place has every car in LFS playable at decent tracks. Its very fun racing here I'll say that much.

More "lesser" server names to come!

Now this is just from my experience in the servers, you may find you will like them more or less, but I know most of you out there will have a blast here!
If you need to contact any of the people above here are their sites:
CLC's is: www.citylifecrew.net
STCC: www.simtouringcarcup.com
UKCT: www.ukct.net
ConeDodgers: www.conedodgers.co.uk/
(FM): http://www.fragmaster.net/fm/
RedlineRacing: www.Team-Redline.co.uk

If any other teams who have servers want their's listed PM me and I'll put em up here.

Comments or Sugestions on what servers I should add? post em!.

EDIT: Thanks Thristan for pointing out the FOX isn't called an F1 car. Also thanks duke toaster for showing me a cool team.
The FOX isn't an F1 car and the oval won't teach any good habits for newbies

Edit:
Quote :(No you don't ride an actual fox but rather an Open-wheel racer usally called an F1 car.)

It's not even usually called an F1 car. The FOX is a Formula Renault clone. Anyone who calls it an F1 car will be shot, spat at, and be taunted by me, whether you are a newbie, a noob or American...
way to ruin his attempt to help the community
Just helping him improve a) accuracy and b) the assistance provided...
Quote from tristancliffe :The FOX isn't an F1 car and the oval won't teach any good habits for newbies

Hey, I got into the good habit of never going on an oval server again!

#6 - joen
Quote from ans7812 :way to ruin his attempt to help the community

Ruined? Why? Because a fault is made clear and an opinion is given?

Anyway, if you're informing newbies, at least inform them correctly. Why on earth would the FOX be a F1 car? One would expect some knowledge about racing classes on a forum like this. I've seen the FOX and FO8 being called an F1, the MRT a kart, and the FXO a Nascar.
It seems people see an open wheeler with wings, and it just has to be an F1 car.

Anyway, to be complete, the FOX is based on a Formula Renault. Bit like this one: http://www.emotor.se/nyheter/bilder/1148-1.jpg
Add to that list the UKCT servers (GTR and FOX clubs especially, LRF club if that's yout bag).
Thanks for the comments guys. Updated it with some more info.

And yes this is purely for new people who recently got S2 and have no idea which server to go to.
Quote :...if you follow the rules you will 99.9% of the time have a blast racing here!

IMHO the proper racing servers should go above the cruising ones, this is meant to be a racing sim first and foremost after all. I'm not starting an argument, I like the city driving servers as much as anyone

This is great idea. When it's done it needs to be made a sticky. It could go in the wiki too.
Quote from andy29 :

IMHO the proper racing servers should go above the cruising ones, this is meant to be a racing sim first and foremost after all. I'm not starting an argument, I like the city driving servers as much as anyone

This is great idea. When it's done it needs to be made a sticky. It could go in the wiki too.

The numbers are in no way corelation on their rank. They are just the order I went in each server with my experience.

Thanks for the sticky reccomendation also. It makes me happy that im not usless lol.
Very nice guide GruntOfAction

I dare to say it deserves to be stickied
Quote from GruntOfAction :The numbers are in no way corelation on their rank. They are just the order I went in each server with my experience.

its about 6months old, but i just cant be bothered to change it
Woa...:

1. How does the money system work in Carribbean Cruise?

2. What do you mean by bronze license?

(Always best to learn before i get the license )
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :Woa...:

1. How does the money system work in Carribbean Cruise?

2. What do you mean by bronze license?

(Always best to learn before i get the license )

1. Basicly you start with 2500 (enough to buy UF1) then you drive around doing laps, ect and you earn cash the more you drive.

2. STCC runs a special License system. As you race in their servers when you finish you are awarded points. The more points=Higher license. It awards em to your LFS account on the server but it won't effect your driving/skill outside of STCC servers. STCC Licenses have virtually NOTHING to do with S2 licenses except keeping track of what points are on it. You still have to buy an S1 or S2 (preferable S2 since hardly anyone plays S1) to play: STCC just has a complex point system.
That is cool. How do you buy a car, like /buy XRT?
Quote from Cr!t!calDrift :That is cool. How do you buy a car, like /buy XRT?

Its !buy XRT or whatever car name is.

EDIT:My bad. Used to STCC's system of checking stuff lol.
Quote from GruntOfAction :Its $buy XRT or whatever car name is.

Its: !buy xrt
And it takes about 60 laps of FE Black to earn 12,000 Virtual Euros.
You can !sell cars as well, so the UF1 you initially receive makes about 1750 Euros on a trade-in value.

All Caribbean Cruise Commands are found at : www.citylifecrew.net/caribbean/
The best command is !help

You can find screens and discussions: http://z6.invisionfree.com/citylife/

It's realy good if you want to take a rest from racing and just cruise in LFS cars admiring the game physics, and scenery while showing off skins and your garage of well earned cars. Play little subgames. Or raise the adrenalin and try and outrun the cops. But watch out - they give some nasty fines if you get busted. Cant afford the fines? You gotta sell your cars and scrape up the cash. Make some money tweaking setups for other players. Or organise some illegal street racing and make some profits. Just because your not always racing around - doesn't mean its not competative in there either. Only the most skilled drivers get to drive GTR's. Then again, if you want some fast cash, you could try robbing the bank for a cool 10K.
#24 - joen
I hope some other server owners report to this thread too.

Because honestly I don´t think new users have a hard time finding the servers mentioned in this thread.
A bigger problem is they start there and hardly every get anywhere else than FOX @ BL1 and GTR @ ASNAT
Quote from felplacerad :

Ever heard of google? Or how about actually joining their servers to have a look at the motd.

....im sorry?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG