The online racing simulator
Quote from GruntOfAction :*BUMP*

TC has changed their website address to www.city-driving.co.uk due to some issues.

Thanks Grunt. Just a note to you all, the domain is not yet setup, but that will be our new home, probably accessable later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Thanks

-Brad
Bump because this topic was almost lost past the 3rd page mark.

An update to redline servers also..

They, from current knowlage, are not changing to patch X.
#55 - Jakg
Why on earth not? They've just consigned their servers to history then.

Shame, as Evo was actually (imo) a good admin
From the Redline forum:

Quote :When the lappers are updated to run with Patch X, then our servers will be updated, but until then, Redline will not have servers available to Patch X users, sorry.

http://www.team-redline.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=303.0

Edit: Oi, alright... Evo posted the second post just as I was posting this
The second post in that thread says that they have upgraded to patch X. I saw both RR servers up and running in the server list last night.
A very nice and Informative posting.

Looks like alot of "research" (FUN PLAYING) went on here. But it will be used by myself tomorrow when I upgrade.

Thank you for the information and i am sure this will help alot of people after myself.

:hippy::dnfnoob::hippy:
Just a quick question: from what I've read in the original post I think I'd really like the STCC servers; I generally like servers that work with a license system where you have to upgrade your license by earning points since I am new and it provides a goal to strive for and a motivation to learn and get faster, so if anyone knows any others besides the SITCC and CTRA servers I'd be happy to hear.

However, I couldn't seem to find the STCC servers in the serverlist last night. Does anyone know if they have upgraded to patch X or not and, if not, are they planning to upgrade?
#60 - Jakg
CTRA is broken by Patch X, it should be about a month and we hope to be back. Were the only severs (that we know of) to run a system like this)
Yeah I know they're down, they were my favorite servers It says in the first post that the STCC servers used a similar system, though, and I'd be surprised if there weren't more servers that use a license system like that.

Quote :If you don't know STCC stands for Sim Touring Car Cup. Now granted because your new you won't be able to race the fast cars in it untill you get atleast a bronze license.

EDIT: okay, I just read in a post in the CTRA subforum that the CTRA servers and the STCC servers are actually the same thing? Bummer... Guess I'll have to take my chances in one of the faster GTR servers then
#62 - Jakg
erm, the STCC and CTRA are basically the same thing - the person who set up the STCC (Becky Rose) got fed up with the public attacks etc, and chucked it in and closed everything. UKCT were hosting her servers, and with her permission are (or were) hosting the servers.
Yeah, that's what I said in my previous post when I edited it

Okay, another newbie question, albeit not really related to this thread: how do I put that nifty CTRA license thingy as my sig? It seems I'm not able to put images in my signature. Is this one of those board settings that requires you to have a certain amount of posts on your name before you can put an image in your signature? I tried searching the faq but it doesn't seem to say anything about images in signatures
Alrighty
Im in...

Once again that you for the Information.
Its been very useful in navagating the Servers safely.

I've had a spin already and I think I need to learn some cars and tracks.
Quote from y2khippy :I've had a spin already and I think I need to learn some cars and tracks.

I strongly suggest that you complete the tutorial or training or whatever it's called in the game. It will get you acquainted with all the cars and (most of the) tracks. I find it a good feature in S2.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG